Needing Understanding/Help with Grandfather's siblings

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 04 Jan 2019 - 23:20

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I am trying to find the death information on several of my grandfather's siblings. Part of the problem that I am having is the family keeps jumping back and forth between two parishes.
The father, Peder Sjælland Christiansen was born 8 March 1851 in Skinnerup and married Mette Marie Michelsen on 12 Oct 1873 in Aarhus Domsogn.

Together they had 13 children:

(1) Helene Mathilde b: 10 Feb 1874 Aarhus Vor Frue, d: 30 Aug 1879 Aarhus Domsogn;
(2) Anders Christian b: 20 Jul 1875 in Aarhus Vor Frue, d: information not located to date;
(3) Christian Peder Marius b: 9 May 1877 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: information not located to date;
(4) Edvard Antonius b: 4 Nov 1878 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: 29 Sep 1885 in Aarhus Domsogn;
(5) Emanuel b: 26 Jan 1881 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: Jun 1972 Lincoln, Nebraska, USA;
(6) my grandfather Alfred b: 24 Sep 1882, d: 11 Feb 1959 Council Bluffs, Iowa, USA;
(7) Theodora b: 9 Jun 1884 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: 3 Sep 1957 in Boone, Iowa, USA;
(8 ) Otto Evard b: 4 Sep 1886 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: 19 Jun 1887 in Aarhus Domsogn;
(9) Eleonora Marie b: 17 May 1888 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: 13 Aug 1927 in Nevada, Iowa, USA;
(10) Thyra Ottillie b: 20 Apr 1890 in Aarhus Vor Frue, d: information not located to date;
(11) Elvira b: 22 Dec 1892 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: 6 Apr 1907 in Aarhus Vor Frue;
(12) Toldevard b: 22 Dec 1892 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: 8 Sep 1940 Des Moines, Iowa, USA;
(13) Otto Evard b: 4 Dec 1896 in Aarhus Domsogn, d: 3 Feb 1988 Garden Grove, California, USA

I have documented all of the names, dates and locations for the birth (b:) and for the death (d:) information that I have. The highlighted information is what I would like to locate.

A couple of questions:
a)   Why would the parish entries flip-flop between the Aarhus Vor Frue and the Aarhus Domsogn parishes? I know that they are only a short distance apart but I don't understand the back and forth.
b)   If I am to locate the missing highlighted information, where would the best place be to start looking?
c)   What is the difference between the Aarhus Vor Frue church and the Aarhus Domsogn church? Is one Lutheran and the other Catholic? If so, which is which?

Thank you.
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Helmer Christiansen

a) People often moved to a new apartment. Third Tuesday in April and October were the days when rent contracts ended and new ones started.
Vor Frue and Aarhus Domsogn were the only two parishes in Aarhus in the 1870s. The border between the two parishes would typically run in the middle of a street. You can zoom in on the borders of many different jurisdictions (legal, ecclesiastical etc.) at www.digdag.dk  for any year between 1660 and 2019.
b) If they married in what is today Aarhus municipality you might be lucky to find them at http://www.folketimidten.dk/vielsoeg.cgi (marriages 1750-1891)
c) Vor Frue and Aarhus Domkirke (Cathedral) are both Lutheran.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Gitte Johansen

Venlig hilsen
Gitte Johansen 8520 Lystrup

gittejohansen(snabel a)rocketmail.com

Gitte Johansen

Venlig hilsen

Gitte Johansen

Venlig hilsen

Lynn Christiansen

THANK YOU.

This helps tremendously in tracking my Grandfather's family and some insight and understanding as to why they changed parishes. I note my Grandmother's birth entry is presented in both the parish registers with slightly different but additional information in each.

Great way to start the new year....

Gitte Johansen

Navn:    Christiansen, Anders Christian   Stilling:    Tobaksspinder
Alder:    26   Bestemmelsessted:    Guthrie
Kontrakt nr.:    91700   Forevisningsdato:    16-03-1901
Fødested:    ?   Fødesogn:    ?
Sidste oph.sogn:    Århus   Sidste oph. amt:    Århus
Sidste oph.sted:    Aarhus   Bestemmelses land:    USA
Bestemmelses by:    Guthrie   Bestemmelses stat:    Kentucky
Skibsnavn:    Indirekte
IDkode:    I0001C2203
Venlig hilsen

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you VERY much Gitte, bits and pieces of this family are coming together.

Some stayed in Denmark, others came to the US at various time. It wasn't until Mette Marie Mikkelsen, the mother passed away in 1910 that Peder Sjælland and the two youngest sons came to America.

Again thank you...