Rules

Startet af george capton, 22 Mar 2019 - 02:08

Forrige emne - Næste emne

george capton

Hi
  I just send a message asking too many questions, I should have read the rules first, Only 1 question at a time

Sorry George

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Georg

Try also to link the site in the churchbook in your question here, it's not difficult. Then its possible i.e. to ask 2 questions per message, with two links. People are too busy to find the site themselves.:  

When you have the churchbook page uploaded, then mark the link adress and in your upper right corner there is 3 lines, when you mark them you will get an information list, one of the possibilities is "Rediger" and it has a sign with 2 small papers upon each other, choose that , which means copy, go back to your answer and place the curser where you want the link to stand, and then press the ctrl.+V  and you will have the churchbook page link in your answer.

You have some extra options when you write a message. Click on Øvrige funktioner (further options] and these posts appear:

oevrige.jpg

Abonner på svar: Mark this if you want to get a mail whenever a new message is posted to the thread.

Returner til dette emne: Return to this topic.

Brug ikke smileys: Do not use smileys.

Vedhæft: Vælg arkiv: Attach: Select file. Clicking Vælg arkiv allows you to navigate to the file you want to attach. Allowed file-types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg. pdf, png, txt, zip, docx. You may attach several files, but the size is limited to 128 KB per file.

Forhåndsvisning means Preview. Click this to take a look at your message before you post it.

Have a good time with our Forum!

Grethe

Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

george capton

Hi Grethe
   Thanks for your instructions for links, I cannot make the links work.  I have used DIS for many years and have appreciated
all the answers I have received.  It was so easy to go County, Parish, year, page done. With the new rule of links I will have
to stop having a good time with your Forum. I can live without knowing what happened in 1766.
Thanks for all the help I have received in the past.
George

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Georg
Sorry to hear you cannot make the link work.

But thats not a reason to drop it all, then only ask one question at the time, but be aware that people often will ask you to link to the churchbook page, even if they had found it themselves and get the answer to you.

People want to help each other here, also those who have technical difficulties. You can eventually write that you cannot get the link to work.

So try again with one problem at the time.

Greetings

Grethe -
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

george capton

Thanks  Grethe

Ole Westermann

George

LINK - that's easy:
When you are on the actual page, click the upper line (the one with https), so the whole line turns blue.
Evt you must lead the cursor across the line with downpressed linkbutton. Then the whole line is blue.
Then press at the same time Ctrl and C, and the line is copied to the PC memory (RAM).
Then insert the copied line into your request by at the same time pressing Ctrl and V.

mvh Ole

george capton

Hi Ole

It take a while but I think I go the link to work.
Thanks George