Help wanted for birth date and parents names

Startet af george capton, 24 Mar 2019 - 23:44

Forrige emne - Næste emne

george capton

Hi I would like to get the birth date for Inger  page 42  Hjorring, Horne,  1732-1814  3rd from bottom of page
her mother is Sophia Christensdatter and father is Christen Sorensen  something is written after Sorensen does it mean anything?

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17121496#159797,26867037

On page 46 is Madalena a sister of Inger  are the parents Sophia Christensdatter and Christen Sorenesen? there is something
written after Sorensen it is Sophia's 2rd husband why is the name here?

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17121496#159797,26867041

Thank you for your help
George

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Georg

In the first one is written "Undleddet", and I think it is the name of the place or farm where they lives.

In the second is written
NB : Niels Hvolschous formand"
which means either:  he is the chairman of Niels Hvolschou  but it could also means that he -Christen - is the former husband of Sophie.

I think it means the last, but it depends also when Christen died and when she married Niels Hvolschou

Grethe  
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

george capton

Hi Georg

In the first one is written "Undleddet", and I think it is the name of the place or farm where they lives.

In the second is written
NB : Niels Hvolschous formand"
which means either:  he is the chairman of Niels Hvolschou  but it could also means that he -Christen - is the former husband of Sophie.

I think it means the last, but it depends also when Christen died and when she married Niels Hvolschou

Grethe

Answer to your question Grethe

Christian  Sorensen died  April 1 1777  page 110

Sophia married Niels Hvolschou Oct. 23 1778 page 146

Birth of Daughter Mette 1766  page 52  there is Thye written after Christian Sorensen name.

On the 1787 census Niels Hvolschous is now Niels Christensen

I hope this helps  more than it confuses you.

Is there a reason for name change or did he just feel like doing it.

Thanks for you help
George

Grethe Leerbech

The epithet Thye means that he comes from the part of Denmark called Thy or Thye. That was common to give people names after their birthplace or if they move the place they came from, especially if they had a patronym who everybody else had i.e. Pedersen, Jensen, Sørensen, Christensen etc. So the priest could differ between people.

Also about Niels Hvolschou/Hvolskou . Hvolskov is also a geografic place, so I think his patronym was Christensen .So he has not changed his name but the administrator in the census has written his "birthname" instead. Niels father's first name was Christen, and that name did Niels become, then it could be that he moved or his father lived in Hvolskov

About the sentence, has the priest written it later in the churchbook, but it is difficult to know if it means one or another thing. There are no doubt, that Magdalene is Christen Sørensens child.

mvh
Grethe

Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

george capton

Hi Grethe

Thank you for your help it makes sense. I would still like the birth date for Inger page 42 and Mette  page 52 if it is possible.

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17121496#159797,26867037

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17121496#159797,26867047

Thanks Again
George                                     Hjorring, Horne 1732 -1814

What do I have to do, so this question continues as one question and not a new question
every answer.  I see that is what other people do.

Grethe Leerbech

Inger is baptised the 7th sonday after Trinitatis which is the 13. of July 1766
and Mette is baptised the  5th sonday after Easter which is the 21 of may 1775.

If you want it as one question with answers after each other,  you only press the "svar" window in the right corner just under the text, (ex. mine here) then a window appears, where you can write. When  you want to mail it you press the "send" window also in the right corner just under your written text. - then it should come automatically under each other . But I find, that you are doing it right, as others do.

Grethe

george capton

Thank you Grethe for your help I appreciate it.
George