Need help with a record

Startet af Paul Olesen, 10 Apr 2019 - 18:18

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Olesen

This is the record for the child support payments of my wife's grandfather, Jens Peder Madsen, who was born out of wedlock to Johanne Petrea Jensen and Jens Kristian Madsen. I can read a little of it but not enough to understand what it says. Would someone type it out for me in the original Danish? Thank you for your help.

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=122362#122362,35835357

Ole Westermann

My best attempt:

Al 28-87       1891a-9-149
Johanne Petrea Jensen af Hune  ctr.  Jens Chr. Madsen, Saltum Kjær

Resolution, Indsidder J.C.M. af S. Kjær - J.P.J af H. den 21 Februar - Jens
     Peter Madsen - dets Fødsel - 40 Kr? -  21 Aug og 21 Febr.                                                5.3.87
Simmelhøj?  Resol. til Forkynd. for Al., meldt tillige for hans Husbond; derpaa til Moderen   5.3.87
Påt(egning) (Simmelhøj? Skr. 5.10.87 om Afson. for 1 År til den 21.8.87) Bem. Bidr. 4 Kr - 8 D. - - tilbagesendt  22.10.87
Paat.(   do              af 24.5.88  -      -        -  ½ - til 21.2.88) Bem. Bidr. 20 Kr. - 5 Dage  - - tilbagesendt  30.5.88
     ----------------- translation:
           Al 28-87       1891a-9-149
Johanne Petrea Jensen of Hune  ctr.  Jens Chr. Madsen, Saltum Kjær

Resolution, cottager J.C.M. of S. Kjær - J.P.J of H. the 21 Februar - Jens
     Peter Madsen - its birth - 40 Kr? -  21 Aug and 21 Febr.                                                     5.3.87
Simmelhøj?*  Resol. for proclamation for the Al., also announced for his employer; then for the mother   5.3.87
Visa (Simmelhøj? note 5.10.87 about atonement for 1 year until 21.8.87) Contibution 4 Kr ~ 8 D(ays) - - returned  22.10.87
Visa (   do              af 24.5.88       -              -        -   ½   -    until 21.2.88) Contibution 20 Kr. - 5 Days  - - returned  30.5.88

*prob. name of an official

I hope that you understand it.

mvh Ole

Paul Olesen

It is very confusing. Any help in deciphering would be most greatly appreciated. 

This is what I think it says. The child was born on 21 February 1886 so I assume 40 Krona was paid for the birth (21 Feb). An additional 40 Krona was paid for 21 Aug. Would that have been paid to the employer for compensation because the mother left? These payments were made on 5 March 1887?

Two additional payments were made, one for 4 Krona on 22 October 1887 and 20 Krona on 30 May 1888. I assume these were paid to the mother.

Ole Westermann

As often with this kind of protocols it is not very clear, what really was decided and what happened !!

As I see it:
JCM had to pay 40 Kroner to the mother JPJ - maybe on both Aug 21 and Febr 21, 1886/1887
This was told JCM and HIS employer, and then to the mother JPJ - 5.3.87 is the date where this was written in this protocol.

A letter 5.10.87 telling that if JCM did not pay contribution 4 Kroner, then he had to go to jail for 8 days - letter returned 22.10.87
The same on 24.5.88 - contribution 20 Kroner or jail for 5 days - letter returned 30.5.88

And all money had of course to be paid to the mother.

And don't ask me why the differences, and what really happened.

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Paul and Ole

When I read the page carefully I think that it is not 4 kr. but 40 kr. he is jailed for the first time -the letter from 5.10.87
I think they have put and 0 (cero) after the 4!
At that time i don't think he would be put in jail for 4 kr.-it is also comparable with the other amounts.
When the letters are returned, I think it's because the post couldn't find him at the given adress, and had no possibilities to aftersend the letter.
When no comments are done after the 88 they might not have found him. Or does it means, that he has paid the amount to avoid jail? .......

mvh
Grethe
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Paul Olesen

Thanks all of you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Paul Olesen

Ole Westermann

The returning of letters is a normal procedure - which you can see on the following pages.

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Ole

You are right, so that might be because they have to sign the documents in the letter.
I also can learn something in the protokols for a fathers child payment.

mvh
Grethe

Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ