Looking for Info. on on the son of Ane M. Jensdatter Due and Jens Rasmussen

Startet af sandi olson, 01 Dec 2012 - 23:44

Forrige emne - Næste emne

sandi olson

Confusing is one way to put it... It has been a very long standing family joke that Johan Rasmussens   and Ane Jorgensen children were cousins and step sibblings as well.... This was written by the children themselves... And now nearly everyone that that I could ask about this is  dead....  My brother has the old family bible..I will have to have him take pictures of whats written in it and post my findings..

sandi olson

AND... a 3rd. child for John Rasmussen ??? Christian Anton Rasmussen 2 Feb. , 1878 Utterslev... NEVER heard of him.. Guess he stayed in Denmark with his mother.. Gee. these dates sure are closing in on the time Johan left for America... wondering if he even divorced his wife before leaving..

Bjarne Due Pedersen

Christian Anton Rasmussen died 26. dec. 1880 in Utterslev.
Johan was emigrated at that date.
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen
Med Lolland som midtpunkt for slægten
Bosat 3310, http://bjarne-due.dk

Bjarne Due Pedersen

Rasmus Jensen (Fejoe) and family found again  ;D

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

sandi olson

Well that is that.... I feel Duped !  :-\ Well it looks like I have a few changes to make ..
I Thank You so much for all the work you have done.. Now just so I understand, This Rasmus is The son of Jens Rasmussen and Ane Jensdatter Due, Right... If so then, Hey! Look at all those new cousins...!

Bjarne Due Pedersen

The Rasmus Jensen above is the son from Fejoe  :)
And I have just found a son of his sister, Ane Dorthea Jensdatter, Frits Vilhelm Wullf, who alos emigrated to US, now there is even more family over there  ;)
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

John Wrenholt

It looks like at least one of Rasmus' (Fejø) offspring made it to America:

parents:   Christina
name:   Adelhart Jensen
death date:   31 Jul 1939
death place:   Lake Co. Hosp., Waukegan Twp., Lake Co., Ill
estimated birth year:   1882
birth date:   26 May 1882
birthplace:   Denmark
father's birth place:   Rosmuse, Denmark
mother:   Christina
mother's birth place:   Denmark
residence:   Waukegan, Lake Co., Ill
burial date:   02 Aug 1939
burial place:   Warren, Lake Co., Ill
cemetery:   Warren

Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947

Bjarne Due Pedersen

It looks like most of the family emigrated  :)
The oldest sister Ane Dorthea Jensdatter and family did too.

Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

sandi olson

Yes I have the info. on The Wolff connection. I will get that right to you.

Bjarne Due Pedersen

:)
And how about this ?

Mothers sister Signe
Her husband died while
the children Anton +
Thora were very small
They were home in
Denmark
Thora ? sang in
Opera choruses,
Using mothers
Maiden name
Thora Jensen
She married
signor Vilmas?
Westony? - a
pupil of Listz? - he
was her teacher.

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.rasmussen/815/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Thora was born in Oregon ,WISCONSIN ,late 1800's
She sang in choruses and took small parts in the Chicago Opera company Performances... She also traveled for 1 year with the "Bohemian Girl"Opera Company... In 1953 She was hit by a hit and run driver in Chicago, Ill. and died.
She used her mothers maiden name "Thora Jensen" when on stage..
Her mother was Signe Jensen... father was ? Rasmussen
She married a man with the last name of "Noble"

Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

Bjarne Due Pedersen

Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

sandi olson

Ann Johanna Dorothea Wolff ,Born in Denmark to Dorothea Jensen and John Wolff, Came to America in 1884, settled in Wisconsin, was married on the 18th. if Jan., 1885 in Brooklyn Wisconsin, to Walter Carsten who was also born in Nakskov, Denmark in 1861. they were divorced in 1911 in Cresco, Iowa,,, after having 3 children.. (#1)Ida Dorothea ,born 1886 in Rutland ,Wi.,married Myron Park had1 child, Bernice who married Orro Hoel.....(#2) Julia (Judy) Lenora ,born 1891 in Peewaukee, Wi, married Patrick Faragher...had 1 son, Joseph Edward born 1912 in Madison, Wi., changed his last name to Lightfoot.. married Dorothy Tenny.(#3)A daughter that married William Paul Mullen .

sandi olson

Fritz Wilheim Wolff  was born in Nakskov, Denmark,in 1868, Mother was Dorothea Jensen 1841, Denmark... Father John Wolff born in Germany, he was a sailor and was lost at sea...
Dorothea came to America with her son and daughter (Anna Johanna Dorothea)in the early part of 1880;s and settled in the Rock County area of Wisconsin...
Fritz married Jenny Mason in 1897 in Brooklyn, Wisconsin and had 6 children... Rachel(Married William Riley), Ruth(married Kennard Roberts), Earl(married Grace Schouten), Mabel(Walter Schiefelbein), Braden(married Mabel Bullock ),& George(married Alice Gibertson)....
Most of these people stayed in The Evansville, Wi. Area.

Bjarne Due Pedersen

Funny names in English  ;)
Fritz Vilhelm Wulff is born in Nordlunde nov 29. 1868
Jenny Madsen (Rasmussen) is born in Utterslev oct 30. 1872

I have him and his parents at my homepage, but.....
His mother was divorced  from Johan Eduard Wulff, he was a housepainter.
Maybe a "fairytale"
She married a Hans Peder Andersen may 9. 1880 in Birket

Maribo, Lollands Nørre, Birket, Torrig by, Birket sogn, Maribo amt, et hus, 4, FT-1880, C9891
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Peder Andersen 28 Gift husmand, husfader Her i Sognet
Ane Dorthe Jensen 39 Fraskilt husmoder Løietofte Sogn, Maribo Amt
Anne Johanne Dorthea Vulf 13 Ugift hendes barn Horslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Frits Vilhelm Vulf 11 Ugift hendes barn Horslunde Sogn, Maribo Amt
Hans Ferdinand Jensen 5 Ugift hendes barn Her i Sognet
Julius Axel Andersen 3 Ugift deres barn Her i Sognet 
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

sandi olson

This is John Rasmussens' daughter  Jenesena Antonia Rasmussen and her husband.........1910 ,Rock Co.Town of Magnolia, Wisconsin census states that Hans Peter came to U.S. in 1883. He was born in Nov. of 1861, in Denmark.. His wife Jensenia A. Rasmussen was born ,Denmark November of 1865 and came to U.S. in 1882..
They had these children: Edna Georgiana born in Wisconsin in 1887.... Albert Theodor born in Wisconsin 1888.... Arthur Born in Wisconsin 1890..... and... Leslie (he's a guy) born in Wisconsin in 1894... ONLY ONE son had children , Albert , who married Helen Logan, who was born in Germany... Albert and Helen had 3 children... Georgiana born 1901 in Iowa, married James Slayden, notes state they had 5 children...... Robert (nothing on him except that he had 4 children) ....and Merle who I know NOTHING about except that the notes say had 3 children

Bjarne Due Pedersen

I can´t find that census

Citat fra: sandi olson Dato 08 Dec 2012 - 06:45
Jenesena Antonia Rasmussen and her husband.........1910 ,Rock Co.Town of Magnolia, Wisconsin census states that Hans Peter came to U.S. in 1883.

What is his last name ?
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

Bjarne Due Pedersen

Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

Jacob Taylor Mason

Hi there,

Sandi is my second great aunt's husband's first cousin twice removed.

I can help shed some light on the Wolff family if you all need it.  I believe I met Bjarne on MyHeritage, so we are slightly acquainted.

Fritz Wilheim Wolff was born on November 30th, 1868 in Nakskov, on the island of Lolland, in Denmark to John/Johann Wolff and Dorothea Anna Jensen.  On August 7th, 1897, he married my great great grandaunt, Jennie Mason, born Jennie Rasmussen.  Together, they had six kids:  Ruth Marie Wolff, Earl Mason Wolff, Rachel Doris Wolff, Mabel Caroline Wolff, Braden Edward Wolff, and George Edwin Wolff.

All of Fritz and Jennie's children are now deceased, so listing their names on here should be acceptable.  Ruth Marie was born on June 19th, 1898 in Brooklyn, Green, Wisconsin, USA.  She ended up marrying a man by the name of Kennard K Roberts in 1917.  Together, they had two children, both of whom I believe are still living.  If you would like to find out who they are, please visit my tree on Ancestry or MyHeritage.  I will give you a link per request.

Earl Mason was born on December 21st, 1899 in Brooklyn, Green, Wisconsin, USA.  He later married a girl named Grace.  Not sure of the last name quite yet.  Together, they had three kids.

Now, here comes my favorite part of the Wolff family tree.  Rachel Doris was born on February 5th, 1902 in Brooklyn, Green, Wisconsin, USA.  She lived with her widowed mother and three younger siblings in the 1920 U.S. Census in Union, Rock, Wisconsin, USA.  On June 16th, 1924, she married William S Riley at the Saint Paul's Catholic Church in Evansville, Rock, Wisconsin, USA.  She ended up giving birth to four children, two of which are now deceased (William R Riley and Doris Riley).  The youngest daughter ended up marrying Oscar Jerald "Bo" Quaerna, who ended up passing away in 2001.  Together they had four kids.  One of the children ended up getting married and had two children of his own with his wife.  His daughter would be my fourth cousin.  Funny enough, I didn't even know that I was related to her until I did this extensive research in the Wolff family, and I was very surprised when I found out I was related to her, for she was actually the co-valedictorian of my class!  Besides the Quaernas, the other surnames to branch off from the Riley/Wolff tree would be Fredricks, Riley of course, and DeWitt.  Message me for more information on these descendants!

Mabel Caroline was born on August 24th, 1904 in Janesville, Rock, Wisconsin, USA.  She ended up marrying Walter H Schiefelbein in 1924.  Together, they had at least two kids.

Braden Edward was born on August 28th, 1906 in Brooklyn, Green, Wisconsin, USA.  He ended up marrying a Jerdis R.  Not sure of her last name, but he had one child with her.  Before that marriage, he was married to a woman by  the name of Molle.  Again, not sure of the last name, but they had two kids.

Finally, George Edwin was born on April 19th, 1908 in Brooklyn, Green, Wisconsin, USA.  He ended up marrying a woman named Alice D Gilbertson.  Together, they had at least one child.

Well, not sure how much help that was, but there you are.

Anything else I can do for you all, just let me know.  Nice meeting you fellow distant relatives.  :)

Regards,
Jacob

sandi olson

Thank You Jacob... Funny thing about his "Mason Family Tree" He messaged me some time ago about a "family connection" well I found it right away with Dorothea Ane Jensen whos' son Fritz Wolff married Jenny Mason..This is My Mothers side of the family. But somehow we stayed alittle off track  til I realized he was talking of the connection between my Fathers side of the family.. My Father had a Great Uncle Henery Jensen (My Dads  Grandmother , Anna Jensen Olsons brother) well Henerys daughter , Maria Christine Jensen (born Jan. 1876 in Denmark) married Marcelius L. Mason who was born 1870 in Denmark... They married in Wisconsin.. Marcelius was the son of Rasmus Christian Mason and Caroline Kirstine Christiansdatter...
So , Jacobs tree and mine have crossed at least twice..

Bjarne Due Pedersen

I am still here - I can see a big job, to get all this people in the big Due-family tree at my homepage  :D

Any informations about birth/christening, marriage, death and burial, with birthnames, dates and places are very welcome.

You can use my mail, to the left  ;)

I have a genealogy-project, to track and trace every Due from Lolland, but this is great, as it´s my own family from our xx great grandfather  :)
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

sandi olson

While looking for Adelhard (T) Jensen in Illinois, I found Adalhard and Anders both came to America... Ellis Island records have them as brothers and arriving May 17th. , 1905.

Bjarne Due Pedersen

Thank you. I have now found them as emigrated from Denmark:

Name:  Jensen, Anders Emanuel Occupation:  Saddelmager
Contract no.:  192600 Registration date:  5/3/1905
Birth place:  Nakskov Birth place:  Nakskov (Lolland)
Last res. parish:  Nykøbing Falster Last res. county:  Maribo
Last residence:  Nykøb. F. Destination country:  USA
Destination city:  Grayling Destination state:  ?
Name of ship:  United States
IDcode:  D0405J3909

Name:  Jensen, Adelhard Occupation:  Snedker
Contract no.:  192500 Registration date:  5/3/1905
Birth place:  Esbjerg Birth place:  Esbjerg
Last res. parish:  Nykøbing Falster Last res. county:  Maribo
Last residence:  Nykøbing F. Destination country:  USA
Destination city:  Grayling Destination state:  ?
Name of ship:  United States
IDcode:  D0405J3908

Is it possible to save the document from Ellis Islands and send it by mail ?
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

Jim Knudsen

Sandi I wonder if Grayling is the city in Michigan?  Seems alot of the Danes came to Michigan and Wisconsin and Minnesota, staying to the northern climates similar to Denmark?

http://www.cityofgrayling.org/

My Knudsen family goes back to Nakskov and Copenhagen in the 1800's. We are a family of 7 siblings all over the U.S.A. hope to connect with other family around the world.

Bjarne Due Pedersen

I think so, if you look at the end of their information, there is some about a friend Thorv. Hansen, in Grayling, Mich. ?
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

Carrie Ann Quaerna Nottingham

Hello!  I am one of Rachel Wolff Riley's granddaughters!  Great granddaughter of Jennie Mason :)

My mother, Sharon Ann Riley Quaerna was the fourth child of Rachel Doris Wolff Riley and William S. Riley.  She is 75 years old now, and the only remaining child of Rachel "Rae" and William Riley.  The oldest child, Patricia Mary Riley Fredricks passed away February 13th, 2016. She joined her brother William and sister Doris who are also deceased. To clarify, my mother Sharon, had 3 children with Oscar Jerald "Bo" Quaerna. I am the oldest, Carrie Ann, then Jerald Oscar, then Joseph Thomas.  My parents did divorce, and each had one other child from their second marriages, to make "4" each ;)

Rachel lived to be 102 years old!  Passing away in 2004.  Wow!

On my father's side, his mother's maiden name is Hess, who came from Norway and settled in the Rock County WI area as well, same as the Wolffs!  In the very tiny town are know as Magnolia, very near the Evansville/Brooklyn area where my grandmother Rae grew up. Both of my grandmothers ended up spending the majority and remaining years of their lives in Janesville WI.

I had never met Great-grandma Jennie. I do know that Grandma Riley did stay close with her siblings, and my mother with her cousins, but most are deceased now. 

Thank you Jacob for all of your information!  I had been recently looking for MY SON JACOB, to fill in his family tree!!!

God bless you all!  I pray and hope you know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour!  None of this matters unless we see each other in eternity in Heaven.  XOXOX

Carrie Ann

Jacob Taylor Mason

Sandi,

Of course.

Carrie,

Of course.  Thank you for all of the information you shared.

Regards,
Jacob