Repost Christian Nielsen Holnaes Munkbrarup

Startet af Roland Dennis Kisling, 05 Dec 2012 - 22:04

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Roland Dennis Kisling

I found this census matching my ancesters:Sydslesvig, , Munkbrarup, Dorf Sygum, Nebenhaus, 12 c, FT-1845, C8005
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Peter Nielsen 34 Verheir.  Häuerling, Grützmüller Gelding
Christina Paulsen 36 Verheir.  seine Ehefrau Schiedenholeweg
Hans Hinrich Nielsen 6 Unverheir.  ihre Kinder Iskiersand
Henning Christian Nielsen 4 Unverheir.  ihre Kinder Iskiersand
Jacob Nicol. Nielsen 2 Unverheir.  ihre Kinder Iskiersand

Peter matches the name given for Christian's father on his death certificate of 1910 in Wisconsin USA.

Question 1: Where do you think I should go to find a birth record for Henning Christian born February 1840  and a marriage for Peter and Christina?

Question 2.Where would I look to find out if this family remained near Munkbrarup when the Prussians took over in 1864?
Question 3.Christian emigrated to USA in 1857-where might I start looking for emigration information from this area of Denmark?
R.Dennis Kisling
Somerset,WI Usa
dkisling@gmail.com
dkisling@msn.com
tel: 1651-314-7107

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Helllo Roland.

I answer because we in my family had many fam.related who went to Wisconsin about 100 years agp - from dif. areas in Germany, mostly from Flensburg, Mecklenburg, NorthWest Germany areas, also the small ilands = VADEHAVET - both Germany and Denmark side.

Have you tried to have a look at Helmut Martensens (Flensburg/Germany)  webside www.ADELBY.com ??

where we have many many related ourselfs - loong time back in time.

Kind regards from Copenhagen
LIse Østerberg Bahr

with fam.names  BAHR, Bar Bare,  (back to about the year 1500) Böhl, Walsleben, Zepelin, Hinsselmann millmann from Neumünster via the Danish King)  Landt, Lemmél), (Landt-Lemmél)  - look at " DAS LEMMEL ARCHIV", Detlefsen, Lorentzen, Jürgensen, Petersen, Boysen, Matsen, Freese and further more names.

Grethe Leerbech

Hello Roland
Its not possible to search for relatives in Munkbraup - I myself have relatives there from that time

But ask the member Cay-Erik Geipel, he has helped me and sometimes he goes to Germany at some archieves there.  He is very helpsome. But be as precise as possible, because he has to pay for his searches, pay per name, date etc.

he's mail is: Cay.Geipel@foni.net

You can mention  I gave you his mailadresse.

Merry Christmas

Good luck

Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Yes, Cay-Erik Geipel is very very helpfull, he and I once a loong time ago, in shildhood, - went to school together, at the same Danish school in Germany, in Southern Schleswig,  and he also helped me - more than once !!

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Roland Dennis Kisling

Citat fra: Grethe Leerbech Dato 07 Dec 2012 - 12:24
Hello Roland
Its not possible to search for relatives in Munkbraup - I myself have relatives there from that time

But ask the member Cay-Erik Geipel, he has helped me and sometimes he goes to Germany at some archieves there. 

Thank you very much for your response!I have just sent an email to Cay-Erik asking for advice on how to proceed with further research about my Nielsen ancestors.
If I can ever be of assistance in searching USA records please let me know-I'm fluent in German and Norwegian/Danish from studies at Univ Oslo and Goethe Institut 1973-75
The German American Society is near where I live and half the people here are of German descent,the other half Norwegian,Swedish or Danish lol.
My name comes from Kiessling emigrants from Sachsen 1866 to Baltimore USA.
R.Dennis Kisling
Somerset,WI Usa
dkisling@gmail.com
dkisling@msn.com

Roland Dennis Kisling

Citat fra: Lise Østerberg Bahr Dato 09 Dec 2012 - 17:38
Yes, Cay-Erik Geipel is very very helpfull, he and I once a loong time ago, in shildhood, - went to school together, at the same Danish school in Germany, in Southern Schleswig,  and he also helped me - more than once !!

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr
Thank you Lise for you responses! I did search www.ADELBY.com but found no connections to my Nielsen family origins.

On a personal note I worked with a man 30 years ago named Melvin Bahr-an engineer and later machinery business owner/president in Minneapolis Minnesota.
Do your Bahr family branches extend to Minnesota/Wisconsin USA?If so I would be happy to send you any information I can find about the Bahrs-or other of your families.
My Chr Nielsen married a norwegian woman from Oppland Norway after they met in the USA in the 1860's.
I visited Holnis,Munkbrarup and Glucksberg last October and went on to Norway to research family there.Also to UK and Picardie France where my wife's Hugenot family came from in 1845.
R.Dennis Kisling
Somerset,WI Usa
dkisling@gmail.com
dkisling@msn.com

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hallo,

sorry I not saw this before:

Yes , the Bahr Family should be observed in many places, also in the area Millwakee, Wisconsin.

The Bahr Family members marry in some of the old Danish nobel families also in Norway - they came from Germany (also England).

Aastrupgaard, Haderslev - a grandchild to the miller fam. Bahr, Flensburg, (the links -can be googled /with my name)  Elisabeth von Stemann+ Adam von Krogh, went to and lived in Norway - Family/ to Norway - Oslo and other Places.

Von Krogh, an old German Family.

You can see this Family also here:
www.krogsgaard.name ......

with also the fam. from Lundbygaard Gods og Herregaard - and Bækkeskov Gods - Munthe von Krogh relatives
I have had many questions througt the last many years - at the old Dis Forum, Danmark, now Slaegt og Data.

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Lise Østerberg Bahr

hi Again.

look also at

Geni.com for the Family von Krogh[

b]Adam Christopher Frederich Ferdinand von Krogh 1819[/b] -

and via Elisabeth von Stemann, parrents:
Ludvig August Julius Rudolf von Stemann 24.03.1834 (Nordstand) died 6.10.1882 (Hirchberg) married in (Jürgensby) = Jørgensby , Sophie Bahr from Flensburg born 09.01.1840 in Husby - died 13.12.1891 (Berlin).

some Family too:
Elisabeth von Stemann, 23.12.1866 in Liegnitz ( now called Legniza in Polen) Elisabeth von Stemann 23.12.1866- 18.02.1935 (Oslo) married to Adam Gottlob Ludwig Christian von Krogh, 14.06.1835 in Aastrupgaard, Haderslev - ived in Norway - died 21.12.1928 in Olso.

at Geni.com by:
Håkon Styri, Norway.

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Dennis

I hope that Cai Erik has helped you with your family in Munkbrarup.

I only want to tell you about a book, which I have been lucky to borrow/lend  from the "rigsarkiv" in Aabenraa and there founded  more about my family.  Its a little difficult to orientate in the books, but it is aso written in 1800.

The name is "Chronik des Kirchspiel Munkbrarup, Band 1-3 - it is written in german

In the books all the inhabitants in Munkbrarup are listed, often also the name of their parents and the wifes name and her parents and where and when they are married-Also dead date are listed there.

The books describes Munkbrarup Kirchspiel the houses, the landscapes and also who owned what and how big the area is they own etc.  Also if they are Kätners, or selfowners etc.

Maybe the Mormons may have it in their library. I don't know if it is possible to lend/borrow it from danish rigsarkiv (national library and archieve)

Greetings

Grethe Leerbech
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ