Death record for Niels Mogensen

Startet af Marlon Henvit, 03 Feb 2013 - 20:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Marlon Henvit

I don't know how relevant this might be. I am looking at the death record for Niels Mogensen which can be seen at Ribe, Skast, Sneum 1736-1814, Opslag 40, 2nd record for 1764. I can not make out the first word in the record nor the word after his name. Can someone please help?

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Ralph Rasmussen

The first word is a place name, that I read as Tjærbye. 

The last word looks a lot like Moster, which is mother's sister.  Does the age make at least as much sense for that as for Niels Mogensen?  There are several similar entries on that page, but Mogensen lacks the 's' that could be expected with my reading.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Marlon Henvit

Hi Ralph

This was given to me by a member of the forum several years ago as the death of Niels Mogensen. Since I have not been able to go beyond Niels I know nothing about any of his Mother's sisters. According to this record he would have been 33 years old at the birth of his first child that I know about and 37 years at the birth of the last. The records that I have been given are fuzzy.

Thanks for your efforts.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Ralph Rasmussen

Following up:

I now favor 'Tyrabye'.  Combing through the confirmations to ge an idea of Niels's age, I came across Hans Nielsen, Niels Mogensen's son confirmed in 1752, opslag 25.  A guess as to his birth would be 1736.

I'd now rather give up on moster, with no new ideas.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Marlon Henvit

Thanks Ralph. I do have that confirmation record. Thanks for all your efforts.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA