Ane Jensen

Startet af sandi olson, 01 Feb 2013 - 01:13

Forrige emne - Næste emne

sandi olson

There was an 'Ane Jensen', age 30, who registered to emigrate to the US on March 3 1882. She gave her last residence as Købelev (Lolland), Maribo Amt.
Looking in the parish registers for Købelev I found an Ane Jensen born July 7 1850. Her parents were Jens Ramsus Henriksen and Karen Johanne Pedersen. Looking a bit further in the records (some census some parish records - I didn't look up all the births) I found that she had siblings:
Cecilia Jensen b abt 1845
Carl Henrik b. Aug 5 1846
Karen Marie b. abt 1848
Petrine b. abt 1852
Knud Wilhelm b. abt 1854 (found him on the 1855 census but not the1860 so he may not have survived)
Hans Frederik b. Oct 21 1857
Camille Christine Vilhelmine b abt 1859
Rasmus Adolph b. May 27 1863
Christian Ludvig b Dec 29 1864

A very kind Genealogy helper gifted me with this information.. The birthdays I did have match these (above) Ane Jensen would be my Great Grandmother who married Martin Olson and Lived in Rock County , Wisconsin, USA. 
I (once again) am having a bit of a problem , Martin and Ane had a son Olef Olson who was born in 1879 yet Ane is still a Jensen when she registered to emigrate to USA in 1882,  Her Obit. stated that she and Martin Olson were married in Lolland Denmark... Something is not right here.. AND Martin Olson records state he was born 1854 in Sweden, That doesn't mean he wasn't in Denmark or they didn't get married there , and maybe Olef wasn't born in 1879...
This is my Fathers side of the Family and I'd love to give him info. on his family , He will be 88 years old in March.. So he's been waiting a long time.
Thank You so much for any help you can offer.

--
A Good Day To You
Sandi Olson

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Sandi,

Here is the emigration of Anna Jensen and Olaf Jensen.  From the names, I think that Olaf was born out of wedlock.  I looked in Købelev church records but did not find Olaf's birth.

Name:    Jensen, Anna   Occupation:    Kone
Contract no.:    46000   Registration date:    3/3/1882
Last res. parish:    Købelev (Lolland)   Last res. county:    Maribo
Last residence:    Købbelev, Maribo A.   Destination country:    USA
Destination city:    New York City   Destination state:    New York State
Name of ship:    Geiser
Remarks:    ANM: Geiser.   IDcode:    D8182J1906

Name:    Jensen, Olaf   Occupation:    Barn
Remarks:    ANM: Geiser.   IDcode:    D8182J1907
Fåborg    Barløse

Pamela Alley

Hi Sandi

Hi Sandi

Here's Ane and Olaf shown on the 1880 census living in Utterslev

All persons in the household

Maribo, Lollands Nørre, Utterslev, Utterslev by, Utterslev sogn, Lollands Nørre herred, Maribo amt, , et hus, 15, FT-1880
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Occupation in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Anna Jensen   29    Gift   husmoder      Købelev Sogn, Maribo Amt
Olaf Olsen   under 1    Ugift   hendes barn      Her i Sognet

His birth is found in Utterslev, Maribo 1869-1891, ops 25. It says that the parents are divorced wife Anna Jensen in Utterslev, 29 years and the alleged father is Martin Olson at (I think) Vesterborg. Maybe someone can take a look to confirm that.

I looked in both Utterslev and Vesterborg for a marriage and couldn't find it. It may be in one of the surrounding parishes. Is it possible they were married in the US?

Regards

Pam

Inger Toudal

Hi Sandi,

Ane/Anne/Anna Jensen is travelling together with her son Olaf - and her occupation is "wife":

Name:    Jensen, Anna   Occupation:    Kone
Remarks:    ANM: Geiser.   IDcode:    D8182J1906

Name:    Jensen, Olaf   Occupation:    Barn
Remarks:    ANM: Geiser.   IDcode:    D8182J1907

The info is from the Danish Emigration Archives http://www.emiarch.dk/search.php3?l=en.

Their age is off by a year, but I think it must be them, as I found them in the 1880 census for Utterslev parish:

Maribo, Lollands Nørre, Utterslev, Utterslev by, Utterslev sogn, Lollands Nørre herred, Maribo amt, et hus, 15, FT-1880
Name:    Age:    Marital staus:      Position in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Anna Jensen   29    Gift   husmoder      Købelev Sogn, Maribo Amt
Olaf Olsen   under 1    Ugift   hendes barn      Her i Sognet

In the census, Olaf is recorded, with the surname Olsen, as he is, too, in the birth record, where his parents are
"Divorced wife Anna Jensen in Utterslev, 29 years, and
alleged father of the child farmhand Martin Olsen at Vintersborg":

Fraskilt Hustru Anna
Jensen in Utterslev
29 Aar og udlagt
Barnefader Tje-
nestekarl Martin
Olsen at Vinters-
borg.

Two of the witnesses at the baptism are from Købelev (Kjøbeløv). Vintersborg is in Utterslev parish.

Olaf is born out of wedlock, but Martin Olsen has acknowledged the paternity. Otherwise Olaf would get the surname of his mother.

AO: Utterslev, Lolland Nørre, Maribo 1865-1891, opslag 25 # 9

Olaf's birth is also recorded in Sandby, as Anna Jensen was serving at Ellemosegaard in that parish 10 months prior to giving birth. In that record the word Ungkarl ('bachelor') has been added in front of Martin Olsen's name.

AO: Sandby, Lolland Nørre, Maribo 1872-1891, opslag 29 at the bottom.

This may or may not be your Martin Olsen:

Efternavn:    Olson   Fornavn:    Martin Marsch
Fødselsdatering:    07.06.1854
Ankomst:    19.09.1879
Oplyst næringsvej:    Tjenestekarl
Fødeland:    Sverige   Føderegion:    Kristianstads Län
Fødelokal.:    Ingelstorp
Opholdsbogsdater:    19.09.1879   Opholdsbogsembede:    Lolland Nørre Herred
Tj./Oph.sted (region):    Maribo Amt   Tj./oph.sted (sogn):    Vesterborg
Kildenavn:    Lollands Nørre Herred, Opholdsbogsprotokol 1875-1894, Vandrebøger 1884-1896

The info is from the Danish Immigration Database http://ddd.dda.dk/immibas/immibas1.asp.
If it's the right person, he's not in Denmark for the first time when registering 19 Sept. 1879  ;)

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Inger Toudal

It's him all right in the Immigration Database!

I found the marriage record  :)

Købelev, Lolland Nørre, Maribo 1872-1891, opslag 9 # 7

Bachelor Martin Marsch Olsen, 24 1/2 years, from Ingelstorp in Christianstad county, and
divorced Anna Jensen, 29 1/4 years, from Købelev, were married 19 Oct. 1879 in Købelev church
(the month is difficult to read, but I think it's October).

Timeline:
12 June 1879   Olaf Olsen born in Utterslev
12 Oct.  1879   Olaf Olsen baptized in Utterslev church
19 Oct.  1879   Martin Marsch Olsen and Anna Jensen married in Købelev church

For some reason, Olaf and his mother are both registered with the surname Jensen in the emigration records.

Best regards,
Inger T.

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Inger Toudal

Maribo, Lollands Nørre, Købelev, Købelev by, Købelev sogn, Lollands Nørre herred, Maribo amt, et hus, 8, FT-1880
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Position in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Jens Rasmus Hendrik Jensen   57    Gift   husfader, arbejder ved kirken      Nakskov
Karen Johanne Pedersen   58    Gift   hans kone      Her i Sognet
Carl Thorvald Hansen   7    Ugift   plejesøn af familien      Utterslev Sogn, Maribo Amt

The foster child Carl Thorvald Hansen is Anna Jensen's son of 1st marriage, born 10 July 1872.
Her first husband was Christian Vilhelm Hansen:

Utterslev, Lolland Nørre, Maribo 1861-1891, opslag 9 # 9

This is probably Carl Thorvald's father:

Maribo, Lollands Nørre, Sandby, Asserstrup i Sandby sogn, En gård, 150, FT-1880, C7679
Name:    Age:    Marital staus:      Position in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Karen Jessen f. Thorsen   70    Enke   Eierinde af gården      Sandby, Maribo amt
- - - - -
Christian Wilhelm Hansen   32    Fraskilt   Andre tjenestefolk      Horslunde sogn, Maribo amt
- - - - -

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

sandi olson

I can't tell you how very Thankful I am for this information.
My Father is going to be thrilled that his Grandparents have been found.!
and now I know who the 4th. child is that was mentioned in Anna's obit. We were sure there was a mistake made.. We never even would have thought that she had been married and had a child before Martin and Olaf..
Thanks again

Inger Toudal

Hi Sandi,

Here's a little more info about Ane/Anna Jensen.

She was married to Christian Wilhelm Hansen in Købelev church 21 May 1872. Her sponsor/witness was her father Jens Rasmus Henriksen.

Købelev 1851-1873, opslag 19 # 4

Her confirmation was 2 Oct. 1864. In the record you see the date of her vaccination (against smallpox) 14 June 1851, which is barely readable in her marriage record. Her place of birth is Vesterbo in Købelev parish.

Købelev 1859-1891, opslag 29 # 7 at the bottom

I made a mistake or two in the quote from Olaf Olsen's birth record, so here it is once more:

Fraskilt Hustru Anna
Jensen i Utterslev
29 Aar og udlagt
Barnefader Tje-
nestekarl Martin
Olsen paa Vinters-
borg.

The confirmation of Carl Thorvald Hansen 3 Oct. 1886:

Købelev 1859-1891, opslag 20 # 4 at the bottom

Only his father (Christian Vilhelm Hansen in Utterslev) is mentioned, but so is the case in the other records, too.

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

sandi olson

I just wanted to thank you for your time and all the help and records you have extended to me. My Father is very excited that his GrandParents have been found and that the mystery of Uncle Carl (AKA  "Charlie") has been brought to light.
Again , I Thank You
Sandi Olson