Kutter Annie

Startet af Bjartmar Sigurdsson, 15 Mar 2013 - 21:17

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Dear all

I have been working on a research concerning two Danish (possible one Faroes)men buried in Iceland following a tragic accident. I have written hear before and have had really good help. These two men were found by my grandfather in 1942 on the shore of East Iceland along with their stranded boat. There were 6 people on the boat so 4 men missing. My grandfather and other farmers nearby buried the men. Never had anyone asked for the them for 71 years....
Turned out after my research that none of the relatives of the crew knew what happened to them.

Well, now I have a copy of a document which I found in the National Archives in Iceland which could help me put a gravestone with the names of the men. They have been buried in the cemetery of my families farm for 71 years now without identity.......

What I have a copy of a document with a stating a numbered list. On this list are stated the things found in the boat mad the most important thing....The description from the local doctor of the two men who were found.

I have with a great help traced the journal and this is what they found :

Arkivinstitution: Rigsarkivet
Arkivskaber(e): Reykjavik, diplomatisk repræsentation
Arkivserie: Gruppeordnede sager (aflev. 1960) 1907-1946
Eksemplar: Original, Papir m.m.
Indhold fra: 59 K 22
Indhold til: 59 K 43
Indhold beskrives med: Journalnummer (Hovedgruppe, Bogstav eller landekode, Resten af j.nr.)
Nr: 58

The journal which contains the case of Kutter Annie is :  " Jr.nr. 59 K 34 "

I have been told that I have to come to Copenhagen from Iceland to see the documents. That is a exspensive journey and I am hoping to find another solution. There is the option of paying the Danish Archives to look at it as well... I just feel that I wanted to ask here if someone would be interested in the story and helping me to find out the truth ? Somehowe I feel that a personal touch in this case can lead to a better solution... I might be wrong..

Is there anyone who has easy access to the Danis Archives and interested enough to look into this with me ?

All the best
Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Eva Morfiadakis

Hej Bjartmar,

Yesterday somebody asked about the same document in Another thread.

She seems to live closer to Copenhagen than you.

https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,55510.0.html

Eva M

By the way I was on Iceland two months ago. A marvellous country.
Eva M

Bjartmar Sigurdsson

Thank you Eva. Nice to hear from you again. Yes it was posted here for sure. I have very good people like yourself who have been helping me :)