Anne Christophersdatter

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 13 Feb 2014 - 05:06

Forrige emne - Næste emne
I am now looking for the birth record of my five times great grandmother Anne Christophersdatter.  In the marriage record to Niels Jensen Falster it appears to note where she is from but I cannot make out what it says to now know where to look for her birth.

I tried searching the Census records for her in Vejle assuming that after her husband died in 1784 that she might still be alive but it looks like she may have died before that census as well.

Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark parish records
1687-1755
Opslag 555 betrothal 28 Apr 1743
Opslag 559 marriage 16 Jun 1743
Niels Jensen Falster and Anne Christophersdatter

Is anyone able to make out what it says after her name in Opslag 555?

Ralph Rasmussen

This one is still on the map.

She is from Biörns Knude, i.e. Bjørnsknude.  It is a physical feature, a point, and evidently also a farm or a small village.  It is at the southeast tip of Klakring parish.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Citat fra: Ralph Rasmussen [3835] Dato 13 Feb 2014 - 05:29
This one is still on the map.

She is from Biörns Knude, i.e. Bjørnsknude.  It is a physical feature, a point, and evidently also a farm or a small village.  It is at the southeast tip of Klakring parish.

Thank you Ralph.  So would that mean that she should be registered in the Klakring parish records as well?  Or a different parish?

Ralph Rasmussen

She should be in Klakring.  If the confirmation records are fairly complete, that may be the simplest way to estimate her age, before searching among the births.  But confirmation records usually start when it was officially introduced in 1735.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Per Kühlwein

Dear Rebecca

Anne Christophersdatter died, Klakring 02.04.1773 (FS-opslag 69) - Age: 54 years. Means birth around 1719. I found her birth record 10.12.1721 (FS-opslag 225). I searched from 1717 and you will find a couple of her brothers before her birth. But I think there will be a lot more.

After her name in "opslag 555":  "----- af Biorns Knude Trolovede med Forlovere Jens Rasmussen ved Strand og Ole Clemmensen i Klakring."

Regards
Per

Per Kühlwein

Maybe a little explanation:

"----- af Biorns Knude Trolovede med Forlovere (Betrothed with groomsmen Jens Rasmussen by the beach (Strand) and Ole Clemmensen in Klakring.)"

Regards
Per

Citat fra: Per Kühlwein [660] Dato 15 Feb 2014 - 14:46
Maybe a little explanation:

"----- af Biorns Knude Trolovede med Forlovere (Betrothed with groomsmen Jens Rasmussen by the beach (Strand) and Ole Clemmensen in Klakring.)"

Regards
Per

Thank you!  So does this mean she was betrothed twice?

Also, I must be looking at the wrong parish records because I cannot find these ones that you note in the Klakring parish records.  I already had the betrothal and marriage between Anne ChristophersD and Niels Jensen Falster but I cannot locate these new ones.  Am I in the wrong parish (Klakring)?

Per Kühlwein

No, normally each part in a marriage has a groomsman - one from both side. Jens Rasmussen seems to be Niels's father and Ole Clemmensen is from family/friends of Anne Christoffersdatter.

The other problem - finding the pages in Klakring parish records. First, the book with records consist of 2 parishes - As and Klakring - means the first part/half consist of As parish and the last is Klakring parish.

(FS-opslag 69): https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-33552-20898-34?cc=2078555&wc=M94Q-48M:1369776065
Line 6, left page.

(FS-opslag 225): https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-33552-21660-82?cc=2078555&wc=M94Q-4ZB:n1207456430
See second from the bottom page 146

Hope now you will find the pages.

Regards
Per

Oh, okay, I see now what you mean.  So her father is Christopher Jensen.  :)

Thanks Per!

I found what looks to be another Anne Christophsdatter in Klakring.  Likely the same parents and this child died hence my 5 times great grandmother also being named Anne when she is born in 1721 but I couldn't locate a death record for the first 'Anne' so I am not sure now.

1687-1755
Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark parish records
Opslag 420
midway down the page
Christopher Jensen's child named Anne?

I see a similar written name on opslag 421 and she is Jorgensdatter.  Are they both named Anne?  I am just trying to familiarize myself with the writing tendancies of this parish record taker.

Citat fra: Per Kühlwein [660] Dato 15 Feb 2014 - 13:51
Dear Rebecca

Anne Christophersdatter died, Klakring 02.04.1773 (FS-opslag 69) - Age: 54 years. Means birth around 1719. I found her birth record 10.12.1721 (FS-opslag 225). I searched from 1717 and you will find a couple of her brothers before her birth. But I think there will be a lot more.

After her name in "opslag 555":  "----- af Biorns Knude Trolovede med Forlovere Jens Rasmussen ved Strand og Ole Clemmensen i Klakring."

Regards
Per

Hello again.  It has been awhile since we talked about this topic but I think this death record relates to a different wife of Niels Jensen of Falster.  Probably his 3rd wife.

I found Anne Christophersdatter death 12 Dec 1756 record here on the upper right:

Died: Anne Christophersdatter at Niels Falster buried
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159776#159776,26863760

The record above dated 2 Apr 1773 does not name his wife.  Only that she died aged 54 making the woman born about 1719. 

My record actually names her and it also coincides with the birth record I found for her 10 Dec 1721 Klakring here on the lower right:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159774#159774,26863460

There is a gap between the birth of children from 1754-1757 but the only confusing part is that there was a stillborn child born/died 13 p Trin (4 Dec 1757) here on middle left:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159776#159776,26863763

I have not yet found a 3rd betrothal or marriage of Niels Jensen of Falster yet but the stillborn death comes one year after the death of Anne Christophersdatter.

Am I reading the death record for Anne Christophersdatter wrong?  Or is that indeed her death record?

Citat fra: Rebecca Johnson [32640] Dato 01 Nov 2017 - 21:24

Hello again.  It has been awhile since we talked about this topic but I think this death record relates to a different wife of Niels Jensen of Falster.  Probably his 3rd wife.

I found Anne Christophersdatter death 12 Dec 1756 record here on the upper right:

Died: Anne Christophersdatter at Niels Falster buried
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159776#159776,26863760

Correction: She actually died 12 Dec 1755.

I then have a problem as to who the mother was of the following children:

Death of Wife Anne Christophersdatter(1721–1755)
15 Dec 1755 • Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark

Birth and Death of Child Stillborn Nielsen of Falster(1757–1757)
4 Sep 1757 • Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark

Birth of Son Jens Nielsen of Falster #5(1758–1842)
8 Oct 1758 • Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark
my 4th great-grandfather

Birth of Son Peder Nielsen of Falster(1762–1831)
4 Jul 1762 • Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark

Birth of Son Thomas Nielsen of Falster(1765–1790)
9 Jun 1765 • Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark

Birth of Son Antoni Nielsen of Falster(1768–1838)
30 Oct 1768 • Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark

I have checked the records a few times and see no betrothal or marriage of Niels Jensen Falster to a new wife yet there are children being born to him in Klakring.  Any suggestions as to how I might find the mother as she is my 5th great-grandmother.  Until I found the death record for Anne Christophersdatter I thought she was.

Inger Toudal

It must be another Anne Christophersdater who was buried Helligtrekongersdag (Epiphany) 1756.

- the record doesn't say she was Niels Falster's wife, and no age is mentioned.

Maybe these transcripts can help you: https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/kilder/afskrevne-kilder/vejle-amt/kirkeboeger-mv-fra-vejle-amt

I found Anne in the probate extracts at https://www.brejl.dk/bjerre.html

7 Maren Sørensdatter i Klakring. 20.11.1742.
E: Niels Jensen Falster. B: Birgitte 3, Karen 2, Jens 10 uger.

- source: https://www.brejl.dk/bjerre.html#jens

Niels Falster's wife Anne Christophersdatter was alive when her father died in 1755:

34 Christoffer Jensen i Bjørnsknude. 4.1.1755, side 134.
B: Thomas i Strandhuse, Anne g.m. Niels Falster i Klakring, Anne 39, vanfør. FM: Søren Rasmussen, smed i Klakring.

- source: https://www.brejl.dk/bjerre.html#pals

Niels Jensen Falster's wife Anne Christophersdatter in Klakring died 1773:

121. Anne Christophersdatter i Klakring 4-5-1773, s. 13 a. E: Niels Jensen
Falster. B: Christopher 28, Rasmus 24, Christen 18, Jens 14, Peder 11, Thomas 7,
Anthoni 4. FM: Christopher Nielsen, Klakring, Peder Ladefoged, Klakring. Se lbnr.
3232, 3598 & 3602

- source: https://www.brejl.dk/bjerrezacho.pdf

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Thank you so much Inger.  I have not seen those sites/pages before and cannot wait to learn what they are about.

So I wonder what the 1756 record is all about.  It has Anne Christophersdatter and Niels Falster mentioned in the burial record.  It does not mention a child except that it says 'dito' to the record above presumably meaning the same day but could also be son?

How does the record translate?

Inger Toudal

https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Denmark_Probate_Records

dito [Død] - - dito [H.T.K. Dag] Anne Christophersdaatter hos Neils Falster begravet.[/i]

'dito [Dead] - - dito [Epiphany] Anne Christophersdaatter at Neils Falster's buried.'

- she could have been a lodger, a relative, or a servant, or ??.

If you look at the other records, the names of the deceased wives are not mentioned.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Inger Toudal [1655] Dato 03 Nov 2017 - 16:57

- she could have been a lodger, a relative, or a servant, or ??.

If you look at the other records, the names of the deceased wives are not mentioned.

Best regards,
Inger

True, and that is why it struck me odd that Anne Christophersdatter is named.  It is even more strange that his wife has the exact same name as this lodger/relative/servant.

Inger Toudal

I think the two Annes could be sisters. Take a look at the probate of Christopher Jensen in Bjørnsknude:

B: Thomas i Strandhuse, Anne g.m. Niels Falster i Klakring, Anne 39, vanfør. FM: Søren Rasmussen, smed i Klakring.

vanfør 'crippled, disabled'

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Just so I understand the record:

54 Peder Jensen Hviin i Klakring. 20.9.1823, side 121.
E: Anne Christoffersdatter. LV: Jens Falster i Klakring. B: Stine 25, Mette Marie 22, Jens 21, Christoffer 18, Laurids 10. FM: farbror Morten Hviin i Barritskov By, Jens Enevoldsen på Klakring Mark.

This is for the death of Peder Jensen (Falster) 20 Sep 1823.  Is this saying his widow was Anne Christoffersdatter?

LV does not translate well.  What does it mean?

A: arving/arvinger = heirs?
B: barn/børn = the children
E: enke/enkemand = widow/widower
Fb: fæstebrev = ??
FM: formynder = executor of the will?
g.m.: gift med = married to
lbn.: løbenummer = serial number
mdr.: måneder = months
LV: lavværge = ??
sst.: samme sted = same place/address?

Citat fra: Inger Toudal [1655] Dato 03 Nov 2017 - 19:37

I think the two Annes could be sisters. Take a look at the probate of Christopher Jensen in Bjørnsknude:

vanfør 'crippled, disabled'

Best regards,
Inger

It would be odd to have two daughters named Anne would it not?  Now, having said that, I did come across two Anne Christophersdatters earlier in my search and perhaps the Anne that died in 1756 was the crippled/disabled Anne Christophersdatter?  I am going to try to find a birth record for the 2nd Anne to see if she is born around 1716.

My Anne C who died in 1773 was born in 1721 (although the age says 54 at death and not 52).  I guess it is possible that my Anne C was really born in 1719 (would need to find another birth record) and the other Anne, who died in 1756, would have to have been born around 1716 to be aged 40 at death in 1756 based on the above.

Also, Bjørnsknude is some distance from Klakring?  Not knowing about a son name Thomas in Strandhuse, I wonder if Christopher Jensen moved near him?  Bjørnsknude is certainly closer to Strandhuse than Klakring. 

Inger Toudal

A: arving/arvinger = heir/heirs
B: barn/børn = child/children
E: enke/enkemand = widow/widower
Fb: fæstebrev = copyhold document
FM: formynder = (children's, minor's, unmarried woman's) guardian
g.m.: gift med = married to
lbn.: løbenummer = serial number
mdr.: måneder = months
LV: lavværge = wife's/widow's guardian/spokesman
sst.: samme sted = same place

The reason for having two daughters named Anne could be that both the father's and the mother's mothers were called Anne.
Or the first Anne could be named after a grandmother, and the second Anne after the father's deceased wife.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Rebecca Johnson [32640] Dato 03 Nov 2017 - 21:07
Just so I understand the record:

54 Peder Jensen Hviin i Klakring. 20.9.1823, side 121.
E: Anne Christoffersdatter. LV: Jens Falster i Klakring. B: Stine 25, Mette Marie 22, Jens 21, Christoffer 18, Laurids 10.
FM: farbror Morten Hviin i Barritskov By, Jens Enevoldsen på Klakring Mark.

This is for the death of Peder Jensen (Falster) 20 Sep 1823.  Is this saying his widow was Anne Christoffersdatter?

His death record in the church book https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17124508#165493,27797858 - No 43

Vejle, Bjerre, Klakring, Klakring Sogn, Klakring, 48, FT-1801, B9165
Name:     Age:     Marital status:     Position in household:     Occupation:     
Peder Jensen     32     Gift      Mand      Indsidder og tiener paa Stedet       
Ane Christoffersdatter     26     Gift      Hans Kone

Stine Pedersdatter     3     Ugift      Deres Børn             
Mette Marie Pedersdatter     1     Ugift      Deres Børn  

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal