Birthe Hansdatter

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 16 Mar 2014 - 23:01

Forrige emne - Næste emne
I have located the death record of my 4 times great grandmother but I still do not know where she is born.  The death record looks like it might say where she is from but I cannot read it.

Is someone able to translate this for me?

Olsted, Hatting, Vejle, Denmark parish records.
1807-1828
Opslag 16
2nd from the bottom
17 Feb 1814 Birthe Hansdatter age 64 wife of Iver Pedersen

Edit:
I found her death record repeated in the new parish book.
Olsted, Hatting, Vejle, Denmark
1814-1840
Opslag 206
2nd entry from the top

If I could also have this translated it might lead me to where she was from.

Ralph Rasmussen

Nothing different in the older record.

Død den 17 Februarij, begravet 1ste Søndag I Faste Birthe Hans Datter,
forrige Huusmanden, Aftægtsmand Iver Pedersens Hustrue Ølsted, 64 Aar,
Død formedelst Alders og en ........ Hun havde mange Aar

Died Frebuary 17, buried first Sunday in Lent, Birte Hansdatter, wife of former village property owner with a life care arrangement, Iver Pedersen in Ølsted

Did you have this census, suggesting they were married before 1772?  Looking at their respective details, this is the first marriage for both of them.

Vejle, Hatting, Ølsted, Ølsted Sogn, Ølsted Bye, 18, FT-1787, B8586

Navn:   Alder:   Civilstand:   Stilling i husstanden:   Erhverv:   Fødested:
Iver Pedersen   45    Gift   Hosbonde   Bonde   
Birte Hansdatter   39    Gift   Konen      
Peder Iversen   15    -   Sønner      
Hans Iversen   12    -   Sønner      
Niels Iversen   10    -   Sønner      
Christian Iversen   7    -   Sønner      
Rasmus Iversen   5    -   Sønner      
Jørgen Iversen   3    -   Sønner      
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Hi Ralph,

Yes, I believe they married around 1768-1769.  Together they had 10 children and all were born Olsted, Hatting, Vejle, Denmark.

Peder Iversen 1770-
Rasmus Iversen 1771-1771
Rasmus Iversen 1773-1773
Hans Iversen 1774-
Niels Iversen 1776-1852 (my 3 times great grandfather)
Christian Iversen 1779-
Rasmus Iversen 1781
Jorgen Iversen 1783-
Christiana Iversdatter 1787-
Anders Iversen 1790-

I had hoped that her death record might tell me where she was from so I could find their marriage record and then find her birth.  I will keep looking.  More than likely she was in Hatting, Vejle so I will check the other parish records to see if I can find their marriage.

John Wrenholt

It's smudged and hard-to-read but I'll mention this marriage record for your consideration.  If I squint just right, I believe I can read Iver Pedersen and Birthe ?sdatter. 

1731-1797 Stenderup, Hatting, Vejle ops 132 (the first marriage for 1769).

Inger Toudal

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Thank you both!  I have looked at the page in different lights and sizes and it does say Iver Pedersen and Birthe Hansdatter.  Yay!

Now having looked at the birth records for 1749-1751, which are very worn, I am sure she was born in Stendrup but the records are hard to read.  How sad.

I am thinking that her father must have been Hans Rasmussen given that their first son was named Peder, after his father Peder Iversen and their 2nd, 3rd and 7th sons were all named Rasmus presumably after her father.  Unfortunately, the first two Rasmus Iversen's died in infancy.

Hanne Bjørn

Maybe this could be the father from Boller probate record:
780. Hans Sørensen i Lystrup 8-6-1750, s. 99 b. E: Maren Jørgensdatter. LV: STEDFAR: Henrik Sørensen, Ølsted. B: Jørgen 10, Søren 6, Inger Marie 12, Birthe 3, Hans 4 uger. FM: FARBROR: Jesper Sørensen, Lystrup, FARS MORBROR: Rasmus Jespersen, sst, FASTERSMAND: Hans Jørgensen, Ørnstrup. Se lbnr. 840.

regards
Hanne

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn [313] Dato 19 Mar 2014 - 18:35
780. Hans Sørensen i Lystrup 8-6-1750, s. 99 b. E: Maren Jørgensdatter. LV: STEDFAR: Henrik Sørensen, Ølsted. B: Jørgen 10, Søren 6, Inger Marie 12, Birthe 3, Hans 4 uger. FM: FARBROR: Jesper Sørensen, Lystrup, FARS MORBROR: Rasmus Jespersen, sst, FASTERSMAND: Hans Jørgensen, Ørnstrup. Se lbnr. 840.

regards
Hanne

Hi Hanne,

Wouldn't this mean she was born in 1747?  Her death record indicates she was 64 making her born in 1750.

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn [313] Dato 19 Mar 2014 - 18:35

regards
Hanne

An update to the earlier posts:

In the parish transcripts for Stenderup, Hatting, Vejle I found the following (I already had the marriage document but not the transcription):

22 februar blev Iver Pedersen af Ølsted og Birthe ?datter af Lystrup trolovede, copulerede d. 14 marts

I am pretty confident that she is Birthe Hansdatter because I find my family in the 1787 Census in Olsted, Hatting, Vejle.  In 1801 she is listed as Birthe Rasmusdatter but I think this is a mistake by the Census taker (possibly because the family above was Rasmussen?).  Birthe Hansdatter dies 17 Feb 1814 in Olsted (husband Iver Pedersen).

In both Census records Birthe is older than I expected by 2-3 years which makes me think she could be the Birthe mentioned in the probate record.  Is it possible her death age of 64 is wrong?

The new information is that Birthe was from Lystrup (also now ties into the probate record).  I see this is in Aarhus but I cannot find Lystrup in the list of parishes.  I went to the map and thought maybe Ega or Elsted but the index list for both of these parishes does not have Lystrup listed.  I went to Family Search and did not find much help on the Aarhus page for where to look for Lystrup.  And where is "Boller" (ie: the probate post)?

Any help is appreciated.

Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Rebecca Johnson [32640] Dato 16 Nov 2017 - 20:31

In both Census records Birthe is older than I expected by 2-3 years which makes me think she could be the Birthe mentioned in the probate record. 
Is it possible her death age of 64 is wrong?

Yes, her age at death could be wrong.

It must be Lystrup in Stenderup parish. See place names at http://www.krabsen.dk/stednavnebase/

The probate extract is from Bjerre herred: https://www.brejl.dk/bjerre.html

https://www.brejl.dk/bjerre.html#boller (Boller and Møgelkær estates)

200 Hans Sørensen i Lystrup. 8.6.1750, fol.99B.
E: Maren Jørgensdatter. LV: stedfar Henrik Sørensen i Ølsted. B: Inger Marie 12, Jørgen 10, Søren 6, Birthe 3, Hans 4 uger. FM: farbror Jesper Sørensen i Lystrup, fars morbror Rasmus Jespersen sst, fasters mand Hans Jørgensen i Ørnstrup [i Torsted sogn]. Desuden nævnes afdødes bror Jens Sørensen i Lystrup. Arv efter afdødes forældre her på stedet, [Søren Jensen og hustru Inger Marie Jespersdatter]. (Sml. lbnr.262).

https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/kilder/afskrevne-kilder/vejle-amt/kirkeboeger-mv-fra-vejle-amt

Hatting herred: Stenderup kirkebog 1731-1796:

12 marts begravet Hans Sørensen i Lystrup

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Thank you Inger.  You always have the best links.

Just so I understand this probate record better, do I have this right?

E: Maren Jørgensdatter. (the widow of Hans Sorensen)

LV: stedfar Henrik Sørensen i Ølsted. (step-father to who?  To Hans Sorensen or his surviving children?)

B: Inger Marie 12, Jørgen 10, Søren 6, Birthe 3, Hans 4 uger.

FM: farbror Jesper Sørensen i Lystrup, (he is brother to Hans Sorensen)

fars morbror Rasmus Jespersen sst, (father's mother's brother = Hans Sorensen's Uncle because he is Marie Jespersdatter's (below) brother?)

fasters mand Hans Jørgensen i Ørnstrup [i Torsted sogn]. (is this a relation to Maren Jorgensdatter?)

Desuden nævnes afdødes bror Jens Sørensen i Lystrup. (brother to Hans Sorensen?)

Arv efter afdødes forældre her på stedet, [Søren Jensen og hustru Inger Marie Jespersdatter]. (Sml. lbnr.262). (Soren Jensen is the father of Hans and Inger Marie Jespersdatter is mother to Hans?)

Inger Toudal

This is how I interpret the probate extract:

E: Maren Jørgensdatter. (the widow of Hans Sørensen)

LV: stedfar Henrik Sørensen i Ølsted. (step-father to Maren Jørgensdatter)

B: Inger Marie 12, Jørgen 10, Søren 6, Birthe 3, Hans 4 uger.

FM: farbror Jesper Sørensen i Lystrup, (he is brother to Hans Sørensen)

fars morbror Rasmus Jespersen sst, (father's mother's brother = Hans Sørensen's uncle because he is Marie Jespersdatter's (below) brother)

fasters mand Hans Jørgensen i Ørnstrup [i Torsted sogn]. (father's sister's husband = husband of Hans Sørensen's sister)

Desuden nævnes afdødes bror Jens Sørensen i Lystrup. (brother to Hans Sørensen)

Arv efter afdødes forældre her på stedet, [Søren Jensen og hustru Inger Marie Jespersdatter]. (Søren Jensen is the father of Hans Sørensen,
and Inger Marie Jespersdatter is mother to Hans Sørensen.)

(Sml. lbnr.262). [Sml. = sammenlign 'compare']

Erik Brejl's estate probate extracts: https://www.brejl.dk/skift.html#gods

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Inger Toudal [1655] Dato 17 Nov 2017 - 08:59

This is how I interpret the probate extract:

E: Maren Jørgensdatter. (the widow of Hans Sørensen)

LV: stedfar Henrik Sørensen i Ølsted. (step-father to Maren Jørgensdatter)

Best regards,
Inger

Thanks Inger.  I spent the day unravelling the various probate extracts related to this family.  There were lots of new people to add to my family tree so thank you.