Help with Jacob Bertelsen, Tistrup

Startet af George Hawkins, 27 Jun 2014 - 11:52

Forrige emne - Næste emne

George Hawkins

I am wanting to find some information about Jacob Bertelsen, born around 1737 in Tistrup, who had a son, Niels Jacobsen, born 1760.The only wife I can seem to find for Bertelsen is Kiersten Christensdatter, born 1712, which seems somewhat old for having a child in 1760, so am wondering if I have this one wrong, or was there a second marriage with Kiersten being the second wife, and older, the mother of Niels being from a previous marriage, who died. Any help welcomed.

Keld Herbst

You need to specify the village Tistrup if you want help. Generally a helper will need the parish, district, county (sogn, herred, amt), and the data from any previous lookup you might have done regarding this issue.

Assuming someone, who otherwise might be willing to help, needs to search every herred and amt in order to find Tistrup, would probably be a little too much to hope for.

Kind regards

Keld Herbst
Keld Herbst (f. Pedersen)

Mit website: https://www.herbst-pedersen-family.dk/

Inger Toudal

Hi George,

I suppose you mean this couple:

Ribe, Øster Horne, Tistrup, Golthol, , 66, FT-1787, C6438
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:       Occupation:       
Niels Jacobsen    28    Gift    Hosbond    Gaardbeboer    
El Katrin Jesdatter    28    Gift    Madmoder       
Jacob Nielssen    5    Ugift    Sønnen       
Jes Nielssen    3    Ugift    Sønnen       
Bertel Nielssen    1    Ugift    Sønnen       
Jacob Bertelsen    50    Gift    Hosbonds Fader    Paa aftægt    
Kiersten Christensdatter    75    Gift    Hans Kone

Johanne Nielsdatter    45    Ugift       Vanfør

According to the indexed census, they are both in their 1st marriage (ALL FIELDS):

Source:    FT-1787
Name:    Jacob Bertelsen   Sex:    M
Position in household:    Hosbonds Fader   Marital status:    Gift
Parish:    Tistrup   District:    Øster Horne
County:    Ribe   Place name:    Golthol
Household-/family no:    66   Marriage no:    1

The original census at http://www.sa.dk/content/dk/ao-forside/find_folketallinger has the same info:

http://www.sa.dk/ao/billedviser?bsid=1363#1363,64168

The age of the persons may be some years off, but it's not  impossible to get a child at the age of 47.
Have you found the death records of Jacob Bertelsen and Kiersten Christensdatter?

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

George Hawkins

Yes, I have Jacob dead in Hesselho, 1814 and Kiersten in 1805, Tistrup. Their child, Niels Jacobsen was born around 1760 in Tistrup.

Don Roddy

Hi George,
   Just to set your mind at ease, I just recently completed a reconstruction of my wife's 3X great grandparent's family and was very surprised to learn that their last child (of fourteen children) was born when the mother was 47 years old!
   This is documented from the birth record of the mother, her marriage, and an unbroken chain of censuses from 1834 through 1870 and the mother's death record.
   Good luck on your research!
   Hilsen
   Don Roddy
      USA

George Hawkins

It looks like the only child...but for him I would not exist! Just seemed unusual to have such an older mother and an only child :-) One modernish branch of this family had 12 children born between the late 1920s and early 1950s.