Christian Wilhelm Jensen Born May 1850 ----- Where in Denmark?

Startet af Kathryn Raymond, 02 Jul 2014 - 21:57

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kathryn Raymond

My great grandfather was named Christian Wilhelm Jensen. He was Born May 1850 in Denmark.  I would like any information that anyone has about his birthplace or parents or anything else.  I only have information about him after the US census in 1880 after he emigrated to the USA.

Eva Morfiadakis

Name: Christian Wilhelm Jensen 
Event Date: 21 May 1930 
Event Place: Mobile, Mobile, Alabama 
Age (Original): 80 y 2 d 
Birth Date (Original): 05 May 1850 

Is it him here?

Eva M
Eva M

Ralph Rasmussen

The 1900 census should give the immigration year.  Given that, we can try here (start søgning is search):

http://www.emiarch.dk/search.php3?l=en

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Eva Morfiadakis

If it is the Christian Wilhelm I found, he emigrated in 1870. His wife Sine (married Jensen) in 1872.
But they are not in the Danish database. Their first child was born in Michigan around 1874.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Hi,

I have seen your postings on another genealogy board so know I know it is the right C W Jensen I found on FS.

I found this on findagrave:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=jensen&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=3&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=115351626&df=all&

It says here born on May 19. I guess this date comes from the death record where it is said he was 80 years and 2 Days on May 21, 1930.

Eva M
Eva M

Kathryn Raymond

I have the info on his birth and death dates.  I have all the info on his marriage to Sine Jensen and all their children's info.  I just can't find where Christian or Sine came from in Denmark.  In the 1900, 1910 and 1920 census---Christian says he immigrated in 1868 and 1870.  Sine says 3 different dates---1868, 1870 and 1872.  I have not found any record to match these dates with Sine or Christian in any other records.  Thank you for your help.  Kathryn

Kathryn Raymond

Yes, Eva----this is him.

Name: Christian Wilhelm Jensen 
Event Date: 21 May 1930 
Event Place: Mobile, Mobile, Alabama 
Age (Original): 80 y 2 d 
Birth Date (Original): 05 May 1850 

There is a discrepancy about his birth date, though.  Some sources say May 5 and some say May 19.

Kathryn

Erling Agesen

Med venlig hilsen
Erling Agesen

Kathryn Raymond

Christian Wilhelm Jensen's birth date is May 5 not May 19. Kathryn

Kathryn Raymond

I'm not sure about Christian's birth date.  Probably it is May 19, 1850.  I've been told that the birth record is  found in: 1835-1884 Kirke Helsinge, Love, Holbaek ops 26.  I cannot find that.  Can someone give all of the info on the record?

Also, if his father is indeed Jens Sorensen form the 1860 census of Holbaek, Love, Kirke Helsinge Skoledistrikt, Vinde Helsinge By, En Gaard, 130, FT-1860, C5673---then
is there any other record of Jens Sorensen's birth or parents or Bodil Larsdatter's birth or parents?  I have their death dates and records. Also, I have them in the 1845, 1850 and 1860 census. 
Thank you Kathryn

Eva Morfiadakis

I attach the a copy of the entry. It's No. 6. The mother was accepted in church on  6 July 1850.

I think I once interpreted the name of the place wrong. It is Kirke Helsinge.

Eva M

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Eva M

Kathryn Raymond

Eva, Thank you for the record.  I can see Christian's name and the date and the parent's names, but What else does it say with the parent's  names?  Who are the other people listed and what else does it say?  I think some of the other names may help in my research. I'm sorry, but I also don't understand the titles in all of the columns either.  Kathryn

Eva Morfiadakis

Hi,

To the left of the middle are the parents, to the right the sponsors.

The father is a gaardmand= farmer.

Eva M
Eva M

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Christian's mother Bodil:

Kirkebog Finderup, Løve, Holbæk. 1810-1828. Opslag 28.
1de Søndag i Advent lade Gaardmand Lars Aronsen og hustru Mette Pedersdatter sin datter .. Bodild
Faddere: Mads Hansens hustru i Kulbye, Jens Jørgensens hustru i .. og Husmand Mattias Aronsen i Hallerslev, Mads Hansen i Kulbye og Dines Hansen i Høng.
Moderen introduceret samme dag.

Churchrecord for Finderup, Løve, Holbæk.1810-1828. Page 28
On the 1st sunday of Advent Farmer Lars Aronsen and wife Mette Pedersdatter brought their daughter Bodild to be christened.
Witness: ....
Mother was introduced on the same day

Bodil's father in the census of 1801:

Holbæk, Løve, Finderup, Hønge Bÿe, , 14, FT-1801, B7658
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Aaron Jespersen   54   Gift   huusbonde   gaardmand   
Anne Rasmusdatter   29   Gift   hans kone      
Mathias Aaronsen   24   Ugift   søn   landsoldat   
Anders Aaronsen   13   -   søn      
Lars Aaronsen   11   -   søn      
Johannes Aaronsen   8   -   søn      
Peder Aaronsen   1   -   søn      
Ellen Kirstine Aaronsdatter   17   -   datter

At Bodil's Konfirmation (same churchbook page 250) it states:
1830 nr. 15. Bodild Larsdatter, 14½ år. Født 3. dec. 1815. (Father) Afg. Gaardmand Lars Aronsen

Since 'Afg' means dead, we can find his burial (page 413):
11. august 1828 Lars Aronsen, Gaardmand i Høng, 38 år.

/Ellen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Christians' father:
Kirkebog. Kirke Helsinge, Løve, Holbæk. 1759-1818. Opslag 74.
År 1796. D. 8. May Dom. Erauch.  blev døbt i Helsinge K. Gaardmand Søren Hansen i W. Helsinge og hustru hustru Dorthe Larsdatter d 2nd Ejnid. Fødte Søn kaldet Jens frembaaren af Gaardm. Mu.. Larsens .. Else Jensdatter af K. Helsinge. Faddere: Gaardm. Michel Larsen af K. Hels. Af W. Hels. Jens Sørensen, Jørgen Christophersen og Hans Hansens hustru af W. Hels. Item Peder Pedersen ....

In the census af 1801;
Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Winde Helsinge, , 15, FT-1801, B7663
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Gl. Søren Hansen   50   Gift   huusbonde   bonde og gaardbeboer   
Dorthe Larsdatter   47   Gift   hans kone      
Jørgen Sørensen   12   Ugift   deres børn      
Jens Sørensen   5   Ugift   deres børn      
Lars Sørensen   2   Ugift   deres børn      
Ane Sørensdatter   10   Ugift   deres børn      
Zidse Sørensdatter   7   Ugift   deres børn      
Christopher Clausen   23   Ugift   tjenestekarl      

Kathryn Raymond

What is the translation for all of this?

År 1796. D. 8. May Dom. Erauch.  blev døbt i Helsinge K. Gaardmand Søren Hansen i W. Helsinge og hustru hustru Dorthe Larsdatter d 2nd Ejnid. Fødte Søn kaldet Jens frembaaren af Gaardm. Mu.. Larsens .. Else Jensdatter af K. Helsinge. Faddere: Gaardm. Michel Larsen af K. Hels. Af W. Hels. Jens Sørensen, Jørgen Christophersen og Hans Hansens hustru af W. Hels. Item Peder Pedersen ....

Thanks Kathryn

Eva Morfiadakis

in 1796 on 8 May (shouldn't it be Exaudi ?=6th Sunday after Easter) in Helsinge Church was christened Gaardmand Søren Hansen's in W Helsinge and Dorthe Larsdatter's second-born son named Jens held by Gaardmand Mu Larsens ...Else Jensdatter of K Helsinge Sponsors .. etc.

Eva M
Eva M

Kathryn Raymond

Thank you so much for the translation and information. 
Kathryn

Lynn Christiansen

FYI---

In response to your "I'm sorry, but I also don't understand the titles in all of the columns either"

here is a generalized listing of the Register column Headings with Translation that I use..

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Kathryn Raymond

Thank you Lynn!!

Can anyone help me find the parents of the following ancestors of Christian Wilhelm Jensen:

1) Soren Hansen born 1751 in Denmark (married 20 May in Kirke-Helsinge, Holbaek)
     2) Dorthe Larsdatter born 1754 in Denmark
     3) Mette Pedersdatter
     4) Lars Aaronsen born 1790 in Denmark, died 11 Aug 1828 in Finderup.  I have his
         father's name---AAron Jespersen born in 1747 but the wife I find he is married to in the
         1801 census may be his mother or may be stepmother---Anne Rasmusdatter

Thank you for any help!!  Kathryn