Sine Jensen born 10 April 1853 in Denmark ---info on birthplace or parents??

Startet af Kathryn Raymond, 02 Jul 2014 - 22:02

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kathryn Raymond

Thank you for the translation.  That is very interesting.  Is there any chance of finding Mette Andersine Jensen's parents---Jens Andersen and Grethe Nielsdatter in a marriage, birth or death record?
Any chance of finding Christian Wilhelm Jensen's parents---Jens Sørensen and Bodil Larsdatter in a marriage or birth record?  We already have Jens' and Bodil's death records.   Is Larsdr a shortened version of Larsdatter?

Also, what does the long handwritten note on the 6th column across Mette Andersine Jensen's  birth record translate to tell us?  I Cannot even understand the heading on that column. 
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-33492-5854-58?cc=2078555&wc=M5KW-RMN:357516301,358698601,358842601,358850701

Eva Morfiadakis

Hello,

Grethe Nielsdatter was born 2 March 1829 in Solbjerg, Løve, Holbæk. Baptized 29 March, 1829.
Parents lodger and weaver? Niels Pedersen and Kristense Kristensdatter in Solbjerg.

I can't find the book on FS.

On arkivalieronline.dk it is image 103 in book 1812-1860.

The column you mean is the names of the sponsors.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

At the wedding one of the garantors (is that the right word in English?) is a Gaardmand Michael Andersen of Vedby and the groom Jens Andersen is of Vedby. It may be him here in census 1850 taken on 1 Feb 1850:

Holbæk, Løve, Ruds Vedby, Vedby mark, 1 Gård, 43, FT-1850, C8465

Michael Andersen 40 Gift  Gårdmand, husfader Finderup, Holbæk Amt  
Mette Berthelsen 22 Gift  Hans Hustru Gørlev, Holbæk Amt  
Karen Jensen 17 Ugift  Deres steddatter Reerslev, Holbæk Amt  
Line Jensen 10 Ugift  Deres steddatter Her i Sognet  
Carl Michaelsen 6 Ugift  Deres barn Her i Sognet  
Sidse Michaelsen 4 Ugift  Deres barn Her i Sognet  
Jens Andersen 28 Ugift  Tjenestefolk Hørve, Holbæk Amt  
Jens Hansen 18 Ugift  Tjenestefolk Svinninge, Holbæk Amt  
Niels Hansen 35 Ugift  Tjenestefolk Ørslev, Holbæk Amt  

Jens A is employed by Michael Andersen on his farm. However he is a year older in the census than in the marriage record. The marriage was 17 days later?

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

I looked in census 1855 for Finderup. Mette Andersine (2) was in fostercare with her grandparents together with her sister Else Marie Jensen (5). Census 1855 Finderup image 34.

Else Marie Jensen was born on 11 Dec. 1850 in Finderup, image 62 in book 1842-1869.

I couldn't find the parents.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Jens Andersen and his wife left Finderup in 1853 and I think they went to Slagelse.

AO Finderup T/A 1852-1856 image 94, No. 69

Eva M
Eva M

Kathryn Raymond

Any chance of finding Jens Anderson's & wife's death or burial between 1853 and 1855?  I'm assuming that they died between those dates since Mette Andersine and her sister were then living with grandparents.  Family history was that Mette Andersine came to America with relatives---not her parents.  Is Larsdr a shortened version of Larsdatter?
I don't know how you find all of this info.  I have tried.  I am very grateful for all of you assistance.  Thank you Kathryn

Kathryn Raymond

Eva, I know you are giving me the location to find these facts, but I don't understand where I need to go to find AO Finderup T/A 1852-1856 image 94, No. 69.  Can you enlighten a novice? Thanks Kathryn

Eva Morfiadakis

I found the information on arkivalieronline.dk. If you go to that page, you will find instructions how to download the Java reader which you need to be able to see the images.

Then you choose Kirkebøger. Then Amt:  Holbæk Herred: Løve  Parish: Finderup

T=tilgang=arrival
A=afgang=departure

As to the census. Instead of kirkebøger you choose Folketællinger. Then the year and then landsogn.
Amt:Holbæk Herred:Løve Sogn: Finderup.

In census 1860 Grethe Nielsdotter was alive and was divorced. Probably the children had been left with their grandparents in 1853. Maybe the parents went looking for work and couldn't take care of their children.

The elder sister is not in census 1860. She may have died.

Somebody suggested that Grethe Nielsdatter had emigrated to America in 1869.

Eva M

PS dr is short for datter (daughter).
Eva M

Kathryn Raymond

Can someone look for Niels Pedersen (birth about 1801-1803) in the 1803 census?  He was born in Finderup Sogn, Holbæk.
Also, does anyone know why so many people are listed in one household in the following 1840 Census?  Holbæk, Løve, Finderup, Tjørnelunde, et Huus, , FT-1840, C3087
Thank you Kathryn

Eva Morfiadakis

Jens Nielsen and Maren Nielsdatter are servants=tjenstefolk.

Eva M
Eva M

Kathryn Raymond

Why are so many people are listed in one household in the following 1840 Census?

Holbæk, Løve, Finderup, Tjørnelunde, et Huus, , FT-1840, C3087

There are about 100 hundred people listed in the "household".  Is it a commune or something like that?

Eva Morfiadakis

I can't find the specific image but if you look in the margin before the name you see figures like 1,2 3. These figures indicate the number of families living in the house. It may be a house with several apartments.

Eva M
Eva M

Helmer Christiansen

It's an error.

The household number is missing in the transcribed data. So what you see is not one household but a lot of households. It is all the people living in 'et Huus' in the village of Tjørnelunde.

Images of the original census data, the village of Tjørnelunde, starts on image 22:
http://www.sa.dk/ao/billedviser?bsid=5023#5023,119038
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Kathryn Raymond

Would like to find the parents of any of the following:
     1) Kristine Christensdatter born 1877 in Denmark
     2) Niels Pedersen born 1802 in Finderup Sogn, Holbaek, Denmark
     3) Christence Christensen born 1805 in Havrebjerb Sogn, Holbaek, Denmark

They are all ancestors of Mette Andersine Jensen.
Thank You Kathryn

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Kristense Christensen was baptized in Havrebjerg on 9 Jun 1805, father Christen Povelsen, opslag 172.  Here is the family in the 1801 census
All persons in the household

holbaek, Løve, Havrebjerg, Blæsinge, , 15, FT-1801, A5010
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:       Occupation:       Birth place:
Christen Povelsen    47    Gift       Bonde, Gårdbeboer, Husbond    
Margrethe Arentsdatt    36    Gift    Bonde Christen Pedersens Hustru       
Povel Christensen    13    Ugift    Bonde Christen Pedersens Og Margrethe Arentsdatters Søn       
Kirsten Christensdatter    7    Ugift    Bonde Christen Pedersens Og Margrethe Arentsdatters Datter       
Lars Hansen    25    Ugift       Tjenestekarl    
Birthe Jensdatter    11    Ugift       Tjenestepige

Sincerely,
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Here is Margrete Arentsdatter with parents and siblings in the 1787 census

holbaek, Løve, Solbjerg, Soelberg Bye, , 4, FT-1787, C0910
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:       Occupation:       Birth place:
Arent Jacobsen    56    Gift    Hosbonde    Bonde og Gaardbeboer    
Kirsten Jensdatter    53    Gift    Madmoder       
Jens Arentsen    25    Ugift    Deres ægte Børn       
Jacob Arentsen    9    Ugift    Deres ægte Børn       
Margrete Arentsdatter    22    Ugift    Deres ægte Børn       
Christenca Arentsdatter    17    Ugift    Deres ægte Børn       
Dorthe Arentsdatter    13    Ugift    Deres ægte Børn    

Sincerely,
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Kathryn,

According to the Finderup church records, Niels Pedersen, the son of Peder Rasmussen, was confirmed in 1820, opslag 202 nr 9.  It says he was born 4 Nov 1802.  His 1803 baptism can be found in Finderup, opslag 151.  His parents are Peder Rasmussen and Karen Nielsdatter.  Here is Peder and Karen in the 1801 census.

holbaek, Løve, Finderup, Kulbÿe Bÿen, , 2, FT-1801, B7658
Peder Rasmussen    32    Gift    huusbonde    gaardmand    
Karen Nielsdatter    26    Gift    hans kone       
Jens Pedersen    2    Ugift    søn af konens 2det ægteskab       
Maria Pedersdatter    5    Ugift    datter af konens 2det ægteskab       
Anna Pedersdatter    1    Ugift    datter af konens 2det ægteskab       
Rasmus Hansen    19    Ugift    tjenestekarl       
Christopher Hansen    18    -    tjenestedreng    opfostringshuusbarn    
Margrethe Olsdatter    26    -    tjenestepiger       
Ane Rasmusdatter    16    -    tjenestepiger

Sincerely,
Paul
North Carolina, USA