2 Ole Sørensen deaths in Jyllinge, 1797 and 1800

Startet af Peter Jones, 10 Jul 2014 - 20:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Peter Jones

I have tried to attach 2 JPGs - I hope they both appear.
I have 2 deaths of Ole Sørensen in Jyllinge.  Can some kind person have a look at both of these and let me know any important differences beside the date and age.
The 1797 one - Jyllinge Kirkebog opslag  94 has him died 28 Dec 1796 and buried on 1 January 1797 aged 72.
The 1800 one - opslag 98 (1800/4) has a 27 April date and died aged 75.

I cannot find the death of his wife, Margrethe Matthisdatter between 1787 (appeared on Census) and 1801 (not on Census), so is it possible that one of the above is referring to Ole Sørensen's wife?

Thanks for some advice.
Peter jones

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Peter Jones

Looks like the 1797 image did not appear on my first post, so hopefully it is here this time.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ralph Rasmussen

Transcribed:

4 Dom: Misericord:, den 27 April, blev Ole Sø-
rensen Skomager, som døde den 20 eiusdem,
begraven, gammel 75 Aar

Denati 1797
Den 1ste Januar 1797 blev Ole Sørensens
Hustrue, som døde den 28de December 1796, be-
graven, gammel 72 Aar

Given that the census records 'in nth year', do those ages largely match?

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Peter Jones

Wow!  That is "hustrue"?  Ralph, your eyes are certainly better than mine, but then again you know which combination of words to look for.  I was looking for Hustru or Kone but although I recognized the word began with a "h" I could not be sure at all.
I have met some other records where the wife's name was not mentioned, so was aware that might might be the case here too.

The 1787 Census ages do not match - not close.  Ole Sørensen 76-  and Margrethe Mathisdatter-73 - older than they should be.
However I have found Margrethe Mathisdatter's baptism - Jyllinge Kirkebog: opslag 38  Nati 1723  2nd entry.  Dom: Quasimodogenit (= 4th April) - which matches closely to her death age.

I am fairly confident these 2 are my ancestors although I can never be 100% certain.  Maybe someone else gave their ages incorrectly on the census, or they lied. 

Peter Jones

I have found a christening for Ole Sørensen in Stubbekøbing, Maribo, Denmark 19 Dec 1721
Stubbekøbing, Maribo kirkebog 1700-1753 opslag 104

But this would make him aged 78 rather than 75 at his death.  Maybe he stopped counting after he got Alzheimers and told others he was 75 in 1800.  My mother-in-law got Alzheimers and the clock stopped for her when she was 86.  She was 86 for 9 years!

Maybe there is a later christening in Stubbekøbing for the same name - I will check some time.