Translation help

Startet af Trisha Weathers, 14 Jul 2014 - 00:09

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Trisha Weathers

Please help translate the death of Ane Kirstine (Jensen) Frederiksen found at København, Vor Frue 1892-1914, ops. 180, no 23.

Also the registerblade for her husband is found here:

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3321721&searchname=polit_simple

Do either of these sites give reason of death, provide their burial site, or offer any type of information surrounding their death (besides dates)?

Tak
Trisha

Anne Marie Holck

Ane Kirstine died March 1st, 1899, was buried March 5th, 1899. No mention of cause of death in either of the registers.

Lissa Pedersen

You will have to order documents at Rigsarkivet using the Daisy ordering system:

"The Catalogue of The Danish State Archives, Daisy
Daisy is the online catalogue of the State Archives.

In Daisy you can search for information about the creators of our Archive series (authorities, companies, private individuals, etc.) as well as searching through the Archives series itself. An increasing portion of the documents held by the Danish State Archives are recorded in Daisy. Once the records have been registered in Daisy, you can use Daisy to search for them. If the records are scanned, you can see them online. If the records are not scanned, you can order them for use in the reading room".

An example is here - unfortunately only in Danish:

"Arkivserie:
Dødsattester, København  1840 - 1980

Navn(e):
Dødsattester, København (officielt)

Dateringer:
Arkivserien er dannet i perioden: 1840 - 1980

Eksemplar:  vis infotekst   Fysiske enheder:  vis infotekst   Arkivinstitution:
Original, Papir m.m.   1084 fysiske enhed(er) vis/bestil   Rigsarkivet
Brugskopi, Mikrofilm 35 mm   657 fysiske enhed(er) vis/bestil   Rigsarkivet

Bemærkninger:
1841 mangler 1974-1976 er kasseret, findes kun som film

Fra   Til   Arkivskaber(e)
1840   1980   Sundhedsstyrelsen"

Lissa

Trisha Weathers

Thank you Anne.

Is that all it says under the "deceased's position and residence"? (4th Category)

Trisha Weathers

Thanks Lissa, I will take a look at Daisy!

Lissa Pedersen

Note this: ".. if the records are not scanned, you can order them for use in the reading room", i.e. you will have to go to Rigsarkivet yourself .. or have someone do it for you! I don't think they are scanned!

Lissa

Trisha Weathers

Guess I will have to start looking at flight plans!

Inger Toudal

Hi Trisha,

Arbeidsmand F's Hustru Farverg 15 - 'Worker F's wife, Farvergade 15'

Remark: K. H. - probably Kommunehospitalet, which would be the place of death.

Unfortunately, the church books from Kommunehospitalet for that period are not online. You find them at the National Archives in Copenhagen:

http://www.sa.dk/content/dk/daisy/arkivskabers_arkivserier?a=&b=&c=kommunehospital&d=1&e=2014&f=&g=&h=&ngid=791568&ngnid=791570&heid=&henid=&epid=&faid=&meid=&m2rid=&side=&sort=&dir=&gsc=&int=&ep=&es=&ed=

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Trisha Weathers

Awesome!  Thank you Inger

Trisha Weathers

Death of Ane Kirstine (Jensen) Frederiksen found at København, Vor Frue 1892-1914, ops. 180, no 23.

In the first box of the "day of death" there is something hand written at the bottom of that line.

I can't make it out.  Anyone able to read that and translate?

Thanks

Inger Toudal

Hi Trisha,

Do you mean Kjøbenhavn Vor Frue Sogn? 'Copenhagen Vor Frue parish'.

One place to look for more info about the cause of death and burial site, would be the burial protocols
at the Copenhagen City Archives:

http://www.kbharkiv.dk/wiki/Begravelser_i_K%C3%B8benhavn

They are being scanned or have been scanned, and will eventually be accessible on the Internet:

http://www.kbharkiv.dk/nyheder/for-arkivbrugere/begravelsesprotokoller-til-scanning

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Trisha Weathers

Hi Inger. 

Yes, that is what I was looking for.  Thanks for that, and the extra info!