read and translate this 1732 Daastrup christening please

Startet af Peter Jones, 02 Aug 2014 - 16:03

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Peter Jones

Can some kind person please read and translate this record for me please.  See the attached file.
It is from Daastrup christenings (Kirkebog 1731-1790) Family search image  32, the first one in 1732 for Daastrup.

The date seems to be Dom: Inter Circ: et Epiph.:   Which I assume is just Epiphane , 6 the January 1732 - don't know what the "inter circ" means.

I think I have something like: be?t Jeppe (Lausens or Larsens) søn Lars af S______døbt: Christens _____ i ____ bar barnet   etcetera.

Another question:  The records for deaths in Daastrup from 1773 until about 1790 seem to be missing.  Are they really not available/lost/destroyed or mixed up with another Sogn?

Thanks for all the help I get from this list,
Peter jones

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Pamela Alley

Hi Peter

On Family Search: Dåstrup, Ramsø, Roskilde 1731-1790 baptisms through 1774 end on image 88 and you'll find them resuming 1775-1790 image 98-108 in the same church book.

Regards

Pam

Ralph Rasmussen

I read:

1732 født i Daastr: Sogn.
Dom inter Cir: et Epiph: blef Jeppe Larsens Søn
Lars, af Svenstrup døbt : Christens Kone i Kirke? bar
barnet: faddere Peder Lars Gl. Peder Anders, og xxxx-xxxx
derens

And interpret:

Born/baptized in Dåstrup parish in 1732.
The Sunday between January 1 (aka circumcision of Christ) and sixth Jeppe Larsen's son of Søster Svenstrup, Lars was baptized.
Christen's wife of ..... [Kirkebjerg in Osted parish?] presented the child at the font.  Further witnesses were Peder Larsen, the elder Peder Andersen and .............

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Peter Jones

Hi Pam,
Thank you for your reply.

I have found the christening records, but the death records are missing from 1773 - 1796 - quite a gap.  Also marriage records after 1771 are missing.

I was trying to find the deaths of Lars Ipsen between 1774 and 1787; Søren Hansen between 1781 and 1787; and Margrethe Olsdatter after 1787.  In her case she may have married again and just be listed as somebody's "hustru".  I was also looking for a marriage of Kirsten Larsdatter to Peter Jacobsen in the missing zone.

Oh well, I guess I'll never know - but maybe the skifte have a mention somewhere.  I'll leave that for later.

Regards,
Peter Jones

Peter Jones

Dear Ralph,

Thank you for your help once again in reading and translating for me.

Regards,
Peter Jones

Jørgen Thue Pedersen

Hi!

Christens Kone i Kirke? >>
Christens Kone i Birke
(near Daastrup a small village called Birkede, I think it is.)

mvh

jørgen
mvh
Jørgen