Hans Mogensen - translation help please

Startet af David Madison, 06 Aug 2014 - 00:17

Forrige emne - Næste emne

David Madison

Hej,

I would appreciate your help with Hans Mogensen's baptism record: 9 Apr 1724 [Palmarum – Palm Sunday], Öster Lars Kirke, Öster Herred, Bornholm: Öster Larsker Sogn Kirkebog 1701-1751, opslag 98b, and FamilySearch image 106a

I have attached an image of the record for your use.

Please transcribe the record into Danish and then translate it into English.

Thanks!!

Med venlig hilsen,

David

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi David

This baptisme is for a girl named Karen, daughter of Lars Munch, so I do not know if the record is relevant for you?

Regards
Ruth

David Madison

Hej Ruth,

Thanks for reviewing this record.  I do not read Danish so searching for the correct record is a constant struggle.

According to his burial record, Hans was born 86 years, 10 months, 2 days before his death.  He was buried 11 Feb 1811, with no death date provided.  So I thought the date of the record I asked to be reviewed was correct.  I will keep searching.

With appreciation,

David

David Madison

Hej Ruth,

I have been studying these church records further.  I am wondering if you think the baptism record for Hans Mogensen son of Mogens Hansen (1681-1752) is the entry following the one I provided the image of ??

I am having much difficulty reading the pastor's handwriting.  It appears to me the correct names are in that entry.  However, I can not decipher it well enough to be certain. 

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Mvh,

David

Ralph Rasmussen

I now read:

Noch samme Dag blef Mons Hans Søn
Hans døbt. Krsten [sic] Povel Peders bar
ham.  Faddre vare Jens Fridrichs
Peder Peders, Ingeborg Nels Hendrichs,
Gundel Hansdatter

Again that day, Palm Sunday, Mons Hansen's son Hans was baptized, presented at the font by Povel Pedersens wife Kirsten/Kersten.  Witnesses Jens Fridrichsen, Peder Pedersen, Nels Hendrichsen's wife Ingeborg and Hundel Hansdatter.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

David Madison

Hej Ralph,

Thanks for your research.  The information you found is a match to what I was looking for  -  another piece of the puzzle found!!

I am curious about the customs of when years/months/days are recorded in the church burial record.  For example in this case the years/months/days listed as the age are actually the time from baptism to burial not from birth date to death date.  Was that the custom?

Mvh,

David