Translation help please

Startet af George Hawkins, 14 Sep 2014 - 01:12

Forrige emne - Næste emne

George Hawkins

Hello, I can't work out what Magna Magnussen's occupation is in the 1925 census, Vejle, Tyrsted, page 23. Can someone please let me know what it is. Thanks in advance.

Ralph Rasmussen

I reads 'sygepleyerske', nurse.  She would be formally trained, but the level of training is a bit uncertain.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

George Hawkins

Thank you. I thought that might be the case. In the census, the man above her, Heinrich Morck's wife, my great-grand aunt had died earlier that year. In 1926, Morck appears to be married to the nurse and they have a child in April 1926. Going by the church book in Nebsager, they appear to be married though I find no marriage record either there or in Tyrsted.  His first wife, Ellen Marie, died aged only 40 at the end of March 1925. I wonder if she had been ill, and Magda Magnussn had been her nurse. No way to know of course.

Ralph Rasmussen

The baptism of the child, Ingeborg, born in August 1926, is recorded in the Nebsager register, opslag 111.  The baptism was actually in Horsens Vor Frelser October 24 and may be recorded there with a marriage date and place.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

George Hawkins

Thanks, I'll check that out.

George Hawkins

Can not find it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place...is Horsens in Aalborg?

George Hawkins

No problem, found it in Skanderborg!  :)