Translation help

Startet af Jan Nielsen, 14 Sep 2014 - 14:38

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jan Nielsen

Jørgen Hansen and Johanne Andersdatter were married in Fraugde parish, Odense Amt, on Nov. 3, 1773' see ops. 188 # 5, new version. Would appreciate the translation as I am hoping for clues on both of there birth place and ultimately the parents. I have their death record but no clues there.
thanks,
Jan Nielsen

Claus Nissen

Hej Jan

I think it must be something like this

In Danish

Onsdagen de 3.die November blev ungkarl Jørgen Hansen fra Vollerup og Johanne Anders Datter Tjenende som pige i Eilskov Copulerede.
Som ? Dom 14 efter Trinitatis den 12 September Trolovet.
Forlovernes Navne Poul Hansen af Vollerslev og Rasmus Madsen fra Dømmestrup.

On Wednesday the 3.die November was a bachelor Jorgen Hansen from Vollerup and Johanne Andersdatter serving as a girl in Eilskov Copulerede .
As ? Dom 14 after Trinity September 12 betrothed .
Best Mens Names Poul Hansen of Vollerslev and Rasmus Madsen from Dømmestrup.

Claus

Ralph Rasmussen

I read literally:

Ondsdagen d: 3die Novembr: blev unge Karl Jørgen
Hansen fra §Vullerslev og Johanne Anders Datter, tiennende
Hr Provst Eilschov, copulated, som *næst afrigte Dom:
14ta post Trinit: d: 12te Sept: vare trolovede, for-
loverne vare Poul Hans[en] af Vullerslev og Rasmuss[en]
Mads fra Dom͞elstrup.

§ Ullerslev
*last previous

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Jan Nielsen

Thanks gentlemen. Of course this brings up next question. Where is Vollerup or Vollerslev and Eliskov and Dømmestrup? I cannot find.
Thanks,
Jan Nielsen

Ralph Rasmussen

Dømmestrup (Stenløse parish?) lies about 5-6 miles southwest of Fragde/Fravde, and Ullerslev (Ullerslev parish) 4-5 miles east.  Even in the twentieth century spelling does vary.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Claus Nissen

Hello Jan

I think that it might be Volderslev (and not Ullerslev) as this is placed less than 4 miles north of Dømmestrup

These are small villages placed just sourh of Odense.

Claus 

Jan Nielsen

Ok... Would these villages be part of Stenløse parish? I am looking for birth records.
Thanks,
Jan

Ralph Rasmussen

Back to the original objective.

The marriage took place in the bride's parish.  But she had a considerable degree of freedom to move to another parish to be the servant of a parish and district pastor.

The groom was from 'Vullerslev,' in my reading.  He would likely have remained bound to the same manor, even in moving from one parish to the next. 

In reading the 1787 census it is best to remember that ages were supposed to be expressed in 'year entered into'.  Does the 1787 census give you a lead as to their ages?

With the usual caveats, it often helps to see what Family Search may suggest.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Jan Nielsen

Around 1775 Jørgen and Johanne moved to Nr. Lyndelse, Odense amt, their first child and all others were born there. They both died there as well. They are mentioned in the 1787 and 1801 census. The census, based on age given say he was born in 1744 and then 1801 census says 1738. Johanne was born abt. 1741. I looked in the Stenløse church record for Jørgen from 1737 to 1745. No luck.
Also to note family search shows him being born in Nr. Lyndelse on aug. 4 1744. Looked in that record but no luck.
Any suggestions?
Jan

Ralph Rasmussen

I couldn't say it is the right Jørgen Hansen, but Trinity X, which must be August 4, Jørgen Hansen was baptized in Nørre Lyndelse.

The record is at the top of the second column in opslag (lookup) 23 of Nørre Lyndelse 1729-1810, new version.  The father is Hans Jørgen(sen?) Sadelmager in Nr. Lyndelse.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Jan Nielsen

Thanks. Not sure what is next here. Looked at Nr. Lyndelse record you mentioned but could not read. Saw the name Jørgen... How can I be sure this record correct, what about marriage record village of Vollerup?
Jan

Ralph Rasmussen

Here's the transcription:

Dom: 10. p: Trin: hafde Hans Jørgen Sadlmager
her i byen en Søn til Daaben kaldet
Jørgen.  Præstens Hustrue bar ham.  fadd:
Jachob Hiort, Peder Niels, Jochum Jørgenss:
Marie Ols, Maren Ditlefs og Jens Larss Kone

Trinity X Hans Jørgen Sadler
her in the village had a son for baptism,
Jørgen.  The pastor's wife presented him at the font.  witnesses were
etc.

From the cover sheet it appears that the ca. 1758 confirmations may be in the record.

The names of his children and their sponsors may confirm a link between this birth and the marriage.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Jan Nielsen

Ok. Let's go back. Jørgen and Johannes daughter, my 3rd gr grandmother was Anne Jørgansdatter, b. Jan. 1781 in Nr. Lyndelse and married lars pedersen nov. 1 1816 in nr. Lyndelse. He is another challenge but will leave that for another time. This I know for fact.
So now I need to determine Jørgans and Johannes birth place and their parents. So far we have done clues but not sure if we have the correct Jørgen. What parish does Vollerup belong to? What about Johanne and her possible birth place of Fraugde, Odense amt per marriage record. I found reference to a Johanne b.abt 1741 in the Fraugde church book but showed father as Povel Andersen, is it possible in that era that she could have taken her fathers last name?
I know this is a lot but would like to move past this brick wall....Help.
Any help is appreciated.
Jan Nielsen