Please help to read and translate this Skifte

Startet af Peter Jones, 05 Okt 2014 - 09:04

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Peter Jones

Image is attached.
Can some kind person please read and translate this Skifte?

It is from Roskilde, Herredsfoged, Lejre Herred, Skifteprotokol 1891-1895, opslag 122.  The first line (Not in the image) is a the bottom of the left page, and continues at the top of the right hand pane - where the image comes from.

Thanks for any help.
Peter Jones

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Karin Andersen

Hi Peter.

First I´m very sorry my English is so bad today  :o
I´ll give it a try anyway – just to practice a little bit and it will give you an idea:

First line: My guess [Direk]tør = CEO
Ceo Meyer at Sanct Hans Hospital, that the patient at the hospital Peter Johansen from Copenhagen is dead the 11th this month, 73 years old. The desieced who was married, was hospitalized june 11th  1887 the bill payed by the county of Copenhagen and the effects he left behind at the hospital would be sendt to the magistrate of Copenhagen.  The death is registered in the probateoffice in Copenhagen. X? Dahlerup

Kind regard
;)
Karin Andersen
Rhode-listen. ca. 650 personer findes under "Slægtshistorier" https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,118658.0.html

Peter Jones

Hi Karin,
Thank you so much.

Believe me, your English is much much better than my Danish!

I am trying to confirm that this person was the same one in other records that I have so far, and because his fees were paid by the County of Copenhagen is in line with his being a soldier who may have been injured.  I need to pursue this more, find more records to confirm that.

Regards,
Peter Jones
Australia

Karin Andersen

Hi Peter :)

I´m not sure if you know that the Sankt Hans hospital is a hospital for mentaly ill people. If he was a soldier he probably had some very bad expiriences.

Kind regards :)

Karin Andersen
Rhode-listen. ca. 650 personer findes under "Slægtshistorier" https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,118658.0.html

Inge Hedal

Hi Peter
After some research I'm convinced that this Peter Johansen was born in Præstø amt, Vraaby parish in 1818. Is he the one you're looking for?
Regards, Inge

Peter Jones

Hi Inge,
No, the one I want was not born in Præstø.  He was born 5 January 1817 in Tolstrup, Særløse.
The 1850 Census record matches that, with Tolstrup being part of his name, as a soldier, and the military records confirming his admission.

Bus as yet, I cannot be sure that the 1880 Census record and the 1891 death record at the hospital are for the same person.

Regards,
Peter Jones