Reading and translation help please.

Startet af Peter Jones, 05 Okt 2014 - 12:52

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Peter Jones

This is a separate request to my previous one today.

It's a big ask, I know.  It is the Skifte for my GGG grandfather Jens Johannesen (spelt the shorter way - Johansen -here) of Tolstrup, and it contains information important to me.  He had 9 children as well as 3 step children I know of.

Skifte = opslag 83-84 Roskilde Herredsfoged Lejre Herred Skifteprotolol 1908-1915

I don't really need the inofrmation for the 3 children already in Australia - Jens Peter (my GG grandfather), Maren Sophie Jørgensen and Cecliie Marie Jacobsen.

However I do need some details of the others.
The ones I most need are the spouses and locations of - (nmr 3) Ane Kathrine (Doberck, but seems to be mispelled here), (nmr 7) Mette Kristine Kristiane, (nmr 8) Laura and (nmr 9) Thora Boline Emilie - who was adopted. 

I think it says (3) Katrine is in Kørsor.
Is (8) Laura married to Ar---- Henrik Pedersen or is he her employer?  Where is she?
(7) Mette Ch(K)ristine Ch(K)ristiane - There is a Niels Peter Andersen (in Borup?) and a Carlo Johannes Marius Andersen.  What is the relationship?  Is she married to one of them?
(9) Thora Boline Emilie - I know she was adopted out, and unmarried - but what esle does it say about her?  I know she  changed her surname to Jensen in 1907, and then to Lindegaard in 1909 - although I don't know why.
(10) Cyrilla Jacobine (aka Jacobine Cyrilla) - I only know she married Adolf Hansen.

Any other intersting family information I would be interested in, but do not need the financial information or other boring details.

I'll be so pleased if somone can help me to decipher this document.  Thank you.

John Damm Sørensen

Hi Peter,

Here is a transcript and the family in 1880.

g.m.=married to
Marschandiser=second-hand dealer
Tømrer=carpenter
Smed=blacksmith
#7 is dead but she had a child with Niels Peter Andersen
Snedker=joiner
Arbmd=Arbejdsmand=laborer

Duborg is written as Doberck when the document was signed. There are traces of Doberck in Korsør here:
http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/component/sfup/?controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=1511185&searchname=polit_simple
You find her in the church record for Korsør, Slagelse, Sorø 1888-1891 opslag 78.

But here is the family in 1890:
Sorø, Slagelse, Korsør Købstad, Fyrbøder Henrik Petersen, forsikring 356, Halskov, (markjorder) Stuen, 2, FT-1890, D7227
Navn:     Alder:     Civilstand:       Stilling i husstanden:       Erhverv:       Fødested:
Ludvig Olarius Vilhelm Doberck    27    Gift    Husfader    Overfyrbøder    Kalundborg
Kathrine Vilhelmine Doberck født Johansen    24    Gift    Husmoder    -    Tåstrup
pigebarn uden navn

Second wife Birthe Marie previously married to Niels Olsen with whom she had three children.

1 Ane Kristine Johansen g. m. Marschandiser Jacob Haagerup, Roskilde
2. Jens Peter Johansen farmer Australien
3. Kathrine Johansen g. m. Maskinmester Duborg, Korsør
4. Karen Sofie Johansen g. m. Maskinmester Jørgensen, Australien
5. Johannes Johansen Tømrer Brønshøj
6. Cecilie Marie g. m. Smed Hans jacobsen, Australien
7. Mette Kirstine Kistiane død men efterlader af Ægteskabet med
Arbmd. Niels Peter Andersen Faulkistrup pr. Borup Sønnen
   a) Carlo Johannes Marius Andersen f 2/9 1902
8 Laura Johansen g. m. Arbmd. Henrik Pedersen, Møen
9 Thora Boline Emilie Johansen, Ugift, adopteret af
10 Cyrille Jacobine Johansen f 31/10 85 g. m. Snedker Adolf Hansen
f 24/9 1884, Vindingevej 10, Hedegaardene, Roskilde

Birthe Marie f. Larsens børn med Skrædder Niels Olsen
   a Ane Marie Olsen g. m. Arbmd Niels Pedersen, Tolstrup
   b Lars Olsen, Tjenestemand, Lammestrup pr Borup
   c Karen Olsen g. m. Boelsmd Jens Rasmussen, Ørslev Vester, Ringsted

Roskilde, Voldborg, Særløse, Tolstrup By, Særløse sogn, et huus, 12, FT-1880, B0261
Navn:     Alder:     Civilstand:       Stilling i husstanden:       Erhverv:       Fødested:
Jens Johansen    46    Gift    huusfader, arbeider i træ       Skulleløv sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Marie Pedersen    35    Gift    huusmoder       Gadstrup sogn, Kjøbenhavns Amt
Jens Peder Johansen    11    Ugift    deres børn       Særløse sogn, Kjøbenhavns Amt
Maren Sophie Johansen    9    Ugift    deres børn       dito [Særløse sogn, Kjøbenhavns Amt]
Johannes Søren Johansen    7    Ugift    deres børn       dito [Særløse sogn, Kjøbenhavns Amt]
Sisilie Marie Johansen    4    Ugift    deres børn       dito [Særløse sogn, Kjøbenhavns Amt]
Mette Kirstine Kristiane Johansen    under 1 aar    Ugift    deres børn       dito [Særløse sogn, Kjøbenhavns Amt]

Best
John

Peter Jones

Hi John,
Thnaks so much for your help with this document.  Much appreciated.
I didn't see g.m. as "married" - I've seen it before as "gaardmand", but now I remember someone else saying it means married.

I already had the Censuses in Tolstrup up to 1900, maybe 1906, and know a fair bit about the families of number 1- 6.  But numbers 7-10 I did not know much about, and certainly didn't know nr 7 had died nor she had had a child.  I've looked in Borup as well as Særløse but cannot find the child, nor a marriage of the couple.

I've figured out "Møen" would be Møn Island, so I'll try and look at those parishes to find the marriage for  nr 8 - Laura Johannesen and Henrik Pedersen.  Previously I din't know anything of this union.

I already have the marriage record for nr 10 Jacobine Cyrilla to Adolf Hansen and have found them in the 1911 Census Skt Jørgensbjerg. Roskilde, but cannot find them after  that - they must have moved elsewhere.

As for nr 9 - Thora Boline Emilie - I have found the Copenhagen police record on her up to 1905, but have nothing on her after that.  I notice this document says something about "Lindegaard", the new surname she adopted, but I'm not sure what it means.

Thanks again. :)
Regards,
Peter Jones

John Damm Sørensen

Hi Peter,

I forgot to mention that Thora Boline Emilie was adopted by someone in Roskilde, whose name I was unable to read.

Best
John

John Damm Sørensen

Hi Peter,

The last name of the person in Roskilde who adopted Thora was Lindegaard.
I cannot make any sense out of the first name.

John

Peter Jones

Hi John,

Thanks for the update.
I cannot make out the first name of Lindegaard either, but maybe it doesn't matter.

On her birth record it records that she changed her surname to Lindegarrd officailly in 1909, althoug police record of Copenhagen show she had already been using it earlier.

I also know that she previously had the name changed to Jensen, the family name of the godparent who first took her in after her mother's death.  But it was nice to see the family had not forgotten her and she was inclued in the Skifte of her birth father.

Hopefully I can eventually track her down in the 1911 Census somewhere, after it is completed online.

Regards,
Peter Jones