Niels Anders Kristian Morten Johannesen - birth record - last column

Startet af Peter Jones, 06 Okt 2014 - 08:29

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Peter Jones

I would like some help with reading and understanding the last column of this birth/christening record - there are actually 2 - but they refer to the same person and event - one in Særlse and the other in Borup
The birth of Niels Anders Kristian Morten Johannesen on 22 July 1903.

Særløde Kirkebog  1892-1924 opslag 12/6  Johannesen is crossed out and replace with Kristiansen, and 4 candidates seem to be put forward as the father - am I reading this correctly?  And the last column says?  I note that the 4 given names of the child correspond to the men's given names.

Borup Kirkebog 1902-1909 FS image 12, page 8, nmr 19  - as above but with some different spellings and annotation.  please tell me what the last (right hand) column says.

Thanks for help

Peter Jones

Inge Hedal

Særløse:
Yes, there are 4 possible fathers.
The boy had his mother's surname, but later he was given up for adoption, and that is what the last column is about.
The first sentence says that the mother worked in Hejrede (a small village) when she got pregnant. And then: Navnerettelse ved kgl. bevill. af 5.4.1907. Barnet adopteret af jordbruger Jens Peder Kristensen og hustru Petra Sofie Kris. f. Petersen.
(Name changed by royal license dated 5th of April 1907. The child was adopted by Jens Peder Kristensen (farmer) and his wife, Petra Sofie Kristensen, née Petersen).

Borup:
The boy is also in this record because his mother worked in Hejrede when she got pregnant, and Hejrede is in Borup parish. In column 6 you can see that he was baptized in Særløse.
If he was not provided for, Borup parish would be financially responsible for him.
Regards, Inge

Peter Jones

Hi Inge,

Thank you so much for transrcibing this and translating for me.  It gives me important information.

I haven't yet been able to track down the mother after this time, but apparently she did marry before 1909, and not one of those 4 guys.

Regards,
Peter Jones