Please help again with "Harry" Sørensen

Startet af Meredith Sarmento, 09 Okt 2014 - 11:05

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Meredith Sarmento

Hello,
A few days ago I got some great help here tracking down my father's biological grandfather - Harry Sørensen (b. 3 Jan 1902). I thought his father was Hans Jørgen Søren Sørensen, but in a strange twist of fate it seems that he was adopted as well - or at least Hans was not his biological father.

I now have his mother:  Anna Christine Jørgensen, b. 3 Sep 1871 in København and his biological father: Carl Christian Jensen, b. 14 Nov 1858 in København.  He was a machinist and probably died between 1911 and 1913.  He and Anna Christine were married by 1899, I think.

I got Harry's father's name from Harry's birth record in the parish records for St. Andreas, Sokkelund, København.  I got his date of birth from the København police registers.

I would be very grateful for assistance in tracking down birth, marriage, and death information for both Anna Christine Jørgensen and Carl Christian Jensen.

I have just about exhausted my very limited knowledge of Danish, though I am always willing to learn more.

Sincerest thanks,

Meredith Sarmento

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hello

Please stay in the same thread. It makes it much easier.

Carl Christian Jensen moved to Nørrebrogade 199 in 1910.
http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/component/sfup/?controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2394342&searchname=polit_simple

He can be found in the census (FT1911 København, Nørrebrogade ulige nr., opslag 273) as divorced.

Hans Jørgen Søren Sørensen got his own flat in 1914 which may be the time of his wedding to Anne Christine.

Poul-Erik

Sanne Andersen

You can find them in the 1901 census in Voldmestergade 18, opslag 78.

Meredith Sarmento

Thank you all very much for your help!  I greatly appreciate it.
If anyone ever needs research in California - specifically around the Sacramento area I work in an archive and would be happy to assist.

Meredith