Peter Hansen Boysen Origins?

Startet af Gary Jacobson, 17 Okt 2014 - 03:47

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Gary Jacobson

I am trying to locate the birthplace of Peter Hansen Boysen who left Åstrup parish in Ribe Amt for America in 1889.  At that time he lived in a village called Gettrup.  He was born 2 June 1848 in Sønderjylland/Slesvig.

In 1880 he was living in Gettrup, Åstrup Parish, Ribe Amt.  The census states that his birthplace was "Slesvig".
From 1877-1889 he was living in Gettrup at the birth of his children in 1877, 1879, 1881, 1883, 1886 & 1889.
In 1875 he was living in Vamdrup, Ribe Amt at the birth of his daughter Kirstine Marie in August.
In 1875 he was married in Vamdrup, Ribe Amt and is listed as from a place called Refsø (Revsø), which could be in Sommersted, Haderslev Amt.

I was wondering if the lægdsruller would provide some information about his birthplace.  I have found the lægdsruller on arkivalieronline.dk, but I am not having any luck finding anything useful.  Could someone offer some advice?

Thank you!

Gary Jacobson
Rochester, Minnesota, USA

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi

There is a boy with the name Peder Hansen Boisen born in Gram on June 26th. 1848. (Gram, Frøs, Haderslev 1846-1858, opslag 7).

I have not found him in "Lægdsruller" for Vamdrup an Aastrup, so I can't see if it is your Peter. The older records from Gram an Sommersted is not online.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Søren Juul Mikkelsen

The 1870 census for Skanderup parish seems to confirm that the boy born in Gram is the correct person:

Ribe, Anst, Skanderup, Skanderup by, Gaard, 40, FT-1870, D4579
Navn:     Alder:     Civilstand:       Stilling i husstanden:       Erhverv:       Fødested:
Lauge Hansen    37    Ugift    Huusfader    Gaardeier    Skanderup S., Ribe A.
Marie Kirstine Christensen    71    Enke    Mandens moder       Heils, Veile A.
Peter Hansen Boiesen    21    Ugift    Tyende       Gram, Slesvig
Dortee Kirstine Hansine Sindberg    19    Ugift    Tyende       Skanderup S., Ribe A.
Anders Nielsen    12    Ugift    Tyende       Skodborg

Skanderup is just next to Vamdrup parish.

Best regards
Soren