Abbelone Ebbesdatter or Ebbesen

Startet af George Hawkins, 17 Okt 2014 - 11:54

Forrige emne - Næste emne

George Hawkins

Hi, I am trying to find what happened to Abbelone Kjerstine Ebbesdatter, also referred to as Ebbesen. She was born in Malt, Ribe on 28 August 1820. She was in Hammelev, Haderslev in 1852, when my gg grandfather Jens Christian Jensen was born on 13 December. She was not married to his father, and I can not find her after that date. I am wanting to find if she married or died. Any help welcomed.

Gary Jacobson

In the 1860 census she is found in Copenhagen:

Navn: Abelone Kirstine Ebbesen   Køn: K   Alder: 38   Civilstand: Enke
Fødested: Malt Sogn, Ribe Amt
Kilde: FT-1860  Amt: København   Herred: Sokkelund   Sogn: Frederiksberg   Stednavn: Godthaabsvej
Matr.nr/adresse: Huset nr. 14 P   Husstands-/familienr: 346 - F17   Indtastningsnr: D5204   Løbenr.: 5249

On June 16, 1861 she gave birth to Karen Christine Magdalene Eskildsen at Frederiksberg.  See attached image.

Gary

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

George Hawkins

Thanks for that Gary - I would never have thought to look in Copenhagen.

George Hawkins

I can't find her after that though and have tried searching for her children too, with no luck. She had five that I know of including my gg grandfather Jens Christian Jensen b 1852 in Hammelev Haderslev. The other children were: Jørgen Peter Lidst b 1848 or 1849 in Jegerup Haderslev, Hansine Christine Ebbesen born 1857 Utterslev, Karen Christine Magdalene Eskildsen as cited above, and probably Anne Magdalene Ebbesen born around 1872 possibly in Frorup Haderslev, but I can not find it.

George Hawkins

Here are details for Anne Magdalene from an earlier thread.

Anne Magdalene Ebbesen born 29 May, 1846 in øster Lindet (1826-1855 Oster Lindet, Frøs, Haderslev ops 73).  Married 1872 in Frørup, Sønder Tyrstrup (1852-1938 ops 169)