Help needed reading 1745 death please

Startet af Pamela Alley, 29 Okt 2014 - 17:47

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Pamela Alley

Hi

Information is in 2 church books

In Torup: AO: Torup, Hundborg, Thisted new version 1689-1812, ops 52, bottom of the right page, January 1745

In Vang: AO: Torup, Hundborg, Thisted new version 1688-1796, ops 82, left page, 27 January 1745

I'm trying to figure out this womans relationship to Jens Christensen Helleberg. I know it's not his wife, she died in 1769, so perhaps his mother? He died 4 years later when he was 64 so she would be well into her 80's, but I don't see an age. It looks to me like the priest in Torup wrote her name as Maren Ni- but then part of the page is missing until it says Helleberg. I think I'm reading ?sten Helleberg, but I'm not sure. The Vang church book simply names her Maren Helleberg. No clues at all in that record except a more accurate burial date.

Could someone please help and take a look at the Torup record for me to try to access some more information off it?

FS links for your convenience. Same church books and pages as AO:

Torup https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-33549-6932-12?cc=2078555&wc=M5KV-LLS:357516601,358126201,358126202,358132001

Vang https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-33549-6642-32?cc=2078555&wc=M5KV-L2Y:357516601,358126201,358409501,358423101

Thank you for your time and help.

Regards,

Pam Alley

Ole Westermann

Hi Pam

I read:

TORUP
- - - - Januarii blef Sl. Maren Ni-
- - - - ter Hellebergs* Liig iordet (corpse grounded)             *maybe Maren Nielsdatter Helleberg
- - - - - .er hører til Wang. (belongs to Wang)

VANG
d.27 Januarii blef Maren Hel-
lebergs Liig begravet.

See http://ddd.dda.dk/nygaard/visning_billed.asp?id=140481&sort=e , which says:
Maren Nielsdatter Helleberg, widow after Kristen Kristensen Spillemand (fiddler), who more than 28 years
ago had left (home). She died ca. 1746 in a house in Vang parish.

No age, but having got married at least 28 years earlier she must have been over 50-60 years old.
So maybe her former husband could be a brother to Jens Christensen Helleberg ?!

mvh Ole

Pamela Alley

Hi Ole

Thank you so much for your help. I don't know how you do it, but you always come through for me. I'll dig around in the Vang church book to see if I can put any more pieces of this puzzle together.

Two quick questions, if you don't mind:

Is Mr. Nygaard saying that Maren's husband deserted her 28 years before she died?

And does Sl. mean salig?

Thank you again, Ole. You're so awesome!

Regards,

Pam

Ole Westermann

Did Jens Christensen Helleberg die in 1773, 4 years after his wife ? Born ca 1710 ?
Where did they die ? Torup/Vang ?

In that case he could of course be a son of Christen Christensen (fiddler) and Maren Nielsdatter Helleberg.
The fiddler left home ca 1717 according to Nygaard.
And Sl. means Salig (blessed/late).

Best regards
Ole

Pamela Alley

I'm terribly disappointed but I think I'm barking up the wrong tree with Maren.

I found a Niels Nielsen Helleberg in Torup and I think Maren Nielsdatter Helleberg is most likely the sister of Niels, rather than the mother of Jens Christensen. Jens Christensen Helleberg had 15 children in two marriages. Maren Helleberg isn't mentioned on any of their baptisms but I do find her on the baptisms of Niels Nielsen Helleberg's children. Niels and Jens are just a few years apart in age so if there's any connection I'm thinking Jens Christensen's father and Niels Nielsen's father were perhaps brothers, making Niels and Maren cousins to Jens. I'll look in Vang today anyway to see if I can find anything there.

Thank you so much for all your help Ole. You are very appreciated!

Regards,

Pam