Birth register translation please - HINDBORG

Startet af Beg Clonrode, 05 Nov 2014 - 03:55

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Beg Clonrode

Hello...

May I please have a translation of the following birth register entry.

Amt: Viborg
Herred: Hindborg
Sogn: Hindborg
Kirkebog: Hindborg (Ny udgave)
Fra 1813 Til 1851
Opslag: 17

9 November 1842
Lovise HINDBORG

FamilySearch has her parents as Laurs HINDBORG and Anne Marie PEDERSDR...

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XYRV-4H3

... but the 1845 census lists the child as Luvise FREDERIKSDATTER

Viborg, Hindborg, Hindborg, Hindborg, Et huus, 44, FT-1845, b8060

Krestiane Jensdatter    40    Ugift       Almisselem    Hem sogn Viborg amt
Anne Marie Pedersdatter    28    Ugift       Almisselem    Dølbye
Luvise Frederiksdatter   3    Ugift       Hendes barn    Heri sognet

In the "Parents" column of the birth register there seems to be a Frederik Wilhelm. I'm wondering what his involvement is.

---

If it's of any help, here is Lovise's 1870 marriage to Peder JENSEN (as Louise HINDBORG)

Sogn: Dølby
Kirkebog: Dølby (Ny udgave)
Fra 1853 Til 1877
Opslag 94
Entry no.3

and the 1871 birth of their son Jens Peter JENSEN (as Louise FREDERIKSEN)

Amt: Thisted
Herred: Morsø Sønder
Sogn: Redsted
Kirkebog: Redsted (Ny udgave)
Fra 1862 Til 1891
Opslag 18
Seventh entry from the top

And for the record, I believe this Louise JENSEN died on 1 Jan 1906 in New Zealand. Her death was registered in the Newman district which covered the Forty Mile Bush.

Many thanks
Beg      

Ralph Rasmussen

Here is the baptism from the more legible old scanning, opslag 32:

9 November, Lovise Hindborg, døbt i Kirken 3de Søndag i Advent, d 11 December
Born November 9,Lovise Hindborg, baptized at church Advent III, December 11.

Fruentimmeret Anna Marie Pedersdatter, Almisselem i Hindborg.  Som Barnefader blev udlagt ung Karl Frederik Vilhelm Ginesser, opholdene sig for Tiden i Skive hos afskiged Toldbetjent Ginesser.

Floozy AMP, pauper in Hindborg.  Putative father is bachelor FVG, presently living in Skive with retired customs clerk Ginesser

Witnesses renter David Pedersen's wife in Vinde, pauper Krestiane Jensdatter, David Pedersen, bachelors Mathias Sørensen and Jens Christian Jensen in Skive

Her vaccination later noted as July 28, 1847.

For most of the nineteenth century the old naming system ran parallel to the new one with its fixed surnames and the option of using something other than 'sen'.  Most people had one surname, but others used or were given two or more surnames on different occasions.  Under the old system as practiced in rural areas, she should be Lovise Frederiksen.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Beg Clonrode

Hello Ralph...

Thanks very much for the translation. Certainly unexpected but most appreciated :)

May I also ask for a translation of Louise's 1870 marriage register entry to Peder JENSEN, especially the Remarks column. I can make out the vaccination date but not the 1852 event.

And hopefully I can get a clue as to the origins of Peder JENSEN.

Fra 1853 Til 1877
Opslag 94
Entry no.3

Thanks again
Beg

Ralph Rasmussen

I read:

Ungsen fra Sahl Sogn,
en Søn af ugift Fruentimmer Ane
Pedersdatter af Hvidbjerg paa Mors
23 Aar gammel

Ugift Fruentimmer Lovise [unmarried floozy (presumably with at least one child)]
Hindborg under Fattigvæsenets [in the care of welfare at the poor house, Dølby]
Forsørgelse Dølby Fattighuus
28 Aar gammel

Guarantors husmand Søren Kaastrup, Jens Mildgaard of Ørenvad?
married Tuesday December 20th at the church

The groom provided a vaccination certificate from 1852.  The bride one for July 28, 1847.  Marriage application (indskrivelse) was November 12th.

This time the indskrivelse is not in the unused pages of the record superceded in 1814.  In time, the book it was recorded in may be posted by Family Search.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Beg Clonrode

Hello Ralph...

Once again, thanks very much for the translation :)

I might be pushing your generosity a bit too far but would you mind looking at the father's of Louis's four children. As I see it there are four different fathers. Would you mind translating the following register entries.

Absolutely no hurry and I promise this will be the last time I bother you :-)

Sogn: Oddense
Kirkebog: Oddense (Ny udgave)
Fra 1862 Til 1876
Opslag 25
Entry no.9 - Larsine Mathilde LAUSTSEN
Born 10 October 1864

Fra 1853 Til 1877
Opslag 43
Entry no.3 - Christine CHRISTENSEN
Born 5 June 1866

Fra 1853 Til 1877
Opslag 25
Entry no.3 - Anton Frederik Wilelm DOLBY
Born 12 June 1870

Fra 1862 Til 1891
Opslag 18
Jens Anton JENSEN
Born 18 Nov 1871

Once again, many thanks.

All the best
Beg

Beg Clonrode

Oooops....and something I forgot to ask...there is a previous birth registration for the youngest child, Jens Anton JENSEN.

Same parents, same birth date, different location. Is this the same child?

Herred: Salling Nørre
Sogn: Lyby
Kirkebog: Lyby (Ny udgave)
Fra 1854 Til 1878
Opslag 21
Entry no.3 - Jens Anton JENSEN
Born 18 Nov 1871

Thanks again
Beg

Ralph Rasmussen

It may take some time to do all four transcriptions, but the short answer is that there are four fathers, based on the childrens' last names..

Larsine Mathilde Laustsen, baptized at church October 23.

'Fruentimmer' Lovise Hundborg, putative father farmhand Laust Andersen of Næsfeld.  The mother employed in Neder-Saustrup. 

Sponsors: bachelor Jens Christian Nielsen of Næsfeld and Jens Peder Andersen, with Laust Christensen of Neder-Saustrup, miss Maren Gersom Nielsen of the same presented the child at the font and miss Else Marie Jensen of Framlev accompanied her.
The mother was aged 22.

On the previous page a mother is merely pigen, 'miss'. It is a question whether fruentimmer is a value judgement or says that Lovise has already had a child.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Ralph Rasmussen

More:

Christine Christensen (vaccinated July 8, 1867 by district physician Schou in Skive) baptized Trinity IIII, July 15.
Unmarried floozy, pauper Lovise Hindborg in Ørenvad poorhouse and putative father bachelor Peder Christensen from Tøllerup, Morsø.
Sponsors Misses Maren Nielsen from Hagen Mølle and Maren Koth? Mortensen from Nortild?, bachelors Jens Nielsen from Andemølle, Laurt Christensen from H..., and Christian Peder Hindborg from Lÿbye.

Anton Frederik Vilhelm Dølby (vaccinated august 9, 1871 by district physcian Schou in Skive), baptized in church Trinity V, July 17
Pauper, unmarried floozy Lovise Hindborg in Ørenvad poorhouse; putative father bachelor Erik Nielsen, employed by gårdmand Christen Troelsen in Hindborg.
Sponsors Renter Christen Peder Hindborg's wife, Ellen from Sæby, miss Jette Hindborg from Kreiborg, renter Chr: P: Hindborg from Sæby, villager Jens Christensen from Selde, bachelor Daniel Pedersen from Balling.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Beg Clonrode

Hi again Ralph...

Thanks once more for your efforts.

Would love to be able to do what you do and make sense of all of the squiggles :-)

Is there any reason given why the youngest child was registered twice or is this a common occurrence.

All the best
Beg

Ralph Rasmussen

As a rule, a child noted in two different parishes is born in one, but is the welfare responsibility of the second parish, where it was conceived.  Ideally, in that second parish the child has not been assigned a number at the far left.

Again, on the face of it, there is usually something in the remarks column of one of the parishes.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Beg Clonrode

Thanks (again) for the explanation.

So one final related question, if it's okay :-)

There are three dates given in the 1871 birth register entry that I mentioned earlier...

Fra 1862 Til 1891
Opslag 18
Jens Anton JENSEN
Born 18 Nov 1871

18 Nov 1871 (date of birth)
20 Nov 1871 (presumably date of baptism)
29 Jun 1872 (presumably the date the second parish takes responsibility for the child)

Then in March/April 1873 the family leave Denmark and make their way to England where they board the Punjaub departing to New Zealand in May 1873.

The Danish Emigration database says that Jens is nine months old. Do you think that this age fitting a June 1872 birth, and not his actual November 1871 birth, has any relevance. Or is it more likely an error (deliberate or otherwise) somewhere along the way.

Not a major concern. Just curious.

Thanks again for all of your help

Regards
Beg

Ralph Rasmussen

As I imagined, there is no number for Anton in Redsted  The June date ostensibly doesn't have to do with parish responsibility, but rather with the 'publication'. 

I don't have both baptisms in front of me, to confirm that a second set of witness/sponsors were present for the publication.

The parents must have presented a certificate from the second ceremony, which was not read that carefully.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Beg Clonrode

Citat fra: Ralph Rasmussen
The parents must have presented a certificate from the second ceremony, which was not read that carefully.

Hello Ralph,

That's what I thought too.

Many thanks for all the help you've given. It's been most appreciated :)

All the best
Beg