Birth of Margrethe Kirstine Nielsdatter

Startet af Kristján Unnar Ellertsson, 16 Nov 2014 - 00:53

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kristján Unnar Ellertsson

Hi

I have been trying for some time to locate her birth date.

In census 1787 she is listed living in Ansager, Øster Horne, Ribe, so I tried looking at the church book from there but it's barely understandable. I could not locate her name (she is born around 1772 - 1775)

By a Google search I found this interesting piece. http://www.myheritage.com/names/christiane_hvid#
This is one of Margrethe's daughters, Christiane Tagesdatter.

CitatChristiane Tagesen, 1800-1881
Christiane Tagesen was born on month day 1800, at birth place, to Tage Jespersen and Margrethe Kirstine Nielsdatter Bruun.
Tage was born on September 10 1769, in Vester Kærby.
Margrethe was born on May 4 1774, in Skovby sogn.
Christiane was baptized on month day 1800, at baptism place.
She had 7 siblings: Niels Tagesen, Anna Kirstine Tagesdatter and 5 other siblings.
Christiane married Hans Nielsen Hvid on month day 1835, at age 35 at marriage place.
Hans was born on September 9 1799, in Munkebo sogn.
His occupation was Muremester.
They had 4 children: Maren Hansdatter Hvid and 3 other children.
Christiane lived in 1801, at address.
She lived in 1850, at address.
She lived in 1860, at address.
She lived in 1870, at address.
She lived in 1880, at address.
Christiane passed away on month day 1881, at age 81 at death place.1, at age 81 at death place.

(This is from the linked page)

Margrethe was indeed married to Tage Jespersen who was born on the same date as this result is. They both indeed had a daughter named Christine born in ~1800, and there was also a child called Niels like this result says. (cencus 1801 Agedrup, Bjerge, Odense (dont remember opslag)).
I have though never seen that Bruun name, but there was barely any research focused on her before.

Now, I see she is said to be born 4th may 1774, in Skovby sogn.. so I look there, but she is nowhere to be found! Unless I am misunderstanding something - she's not in the church book.

I am all out of ideas so now I am posting here. I need help finding her birth record and preferably parents names. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kristján

Inge Hedal

Hi
Here she is in 1787 with her family:
Odense, Skovby, Skovby, Schoubye, Gaardmænd, F 37, FT-1787, A3170
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Niels Bruun   50   g   Hosbond   Degn til Schoubye sogn   
Christiane Hansdatter   46   g   Madmoder   -   
Peter Brun   17   -   Deres barn   -   
Margrete Kirstine   13   -   Deres barn   -   
Johanne   8   -   Deres barn   -   
Elisabeth Marie   7   -   Deres barn   -   
Karen   1   -   Deres barn   -   

It is correct that she was born 4th May 1774, in Skovby sogn: Odense amt, Skovby sogn 1750-1793 (ny udgave), opslag 75.

The text says "Christij Himmelfarts-Dag, som var
d. 12te Maji, var Degnens barn
af Schoubye i Kirche, hvis hiemme
Daab blev confirmeret, som for-
hen var kaldet Margretha
Kristina, og var fød Onsdagen
d. 4de Maji Kl. 7 Slett om
Morgenen. Test. Huusholder-
ske Jomfrue Boller paa
Gyldenholm bar det. For-
valter Pedersen ibid. Male-?
ren  Monsr. Da__? ibid. Ur-
tegaardsmanden Monsr. Dehn
paa Harritzlevgrd, og Hans
Michelsens Hustrue af Schou-
bye

Regards, Inge

Hi

Thank you very much for this. I see I had a wrong census then, but good that you corrected me and found it.
The Bruun name is interesting and new to me. I wonder why she is not listed as Bruun in the census.

I see the parents are not listed in the church book. I tried looking at my self, but I might as well be reading norse runes. These are interesting information. Thank you for writing up the whole text from the book, a lot of interesting information there, which I'm surprised to see in there.
Who are the people who are listed in the end of the church book? Do you know?

This has helped me a lot. Will see what I can find on my own. Thank you.

Best wishes,
Kristján

Found this good thing;
http://www.dis-danmark.dk/forum/read.php?1,677681,690651
with Margrethe's grandparents and great grandparents.

Inge Hedal

Hi again
I see the parents are not listed in the church book

It was enough to call the girl "daughter of the teacher and parish clerk" (degnens datter). There was only one "degn" in every parish. As a rule, the name of the child's mother was not recorded if the parents were married.

Who are the people who are listed in the end of the church book? Do you know?

They are Testes (witnesses) at the baptism. They could be family or friends, or they could be members of the local community. I do not know if there are any relatives among the witnesses at this baptism, but they are certainly local.
I have studied the church book again, and I am sorry to say that I had misread the name of the estate where three of the witnesses live. The estate is Gyldensteen – not Gyldenholm, and the name of the painter is Dahlin.
So testes are:
Test. Huusholder-
ske Jomfrue Boller paa
Gyldensteen bar det. For-
valter Pedersen ibid. Male-
ren Monsr. Dahlin ibid. Ur-
tegaardsmanden Monsr. Dehn
paa Harritzlevgrd, og Hans
Michelsens Hustrue af Schou-
bye

Do you know this site? http://sedler.dis-danmark.dk/wad/
Regards, Inge

Hi

Nice, so this is then perhaps Niels's Bruun's handwriting.. Well, if priests were the ones who wrote in the church books.

At least you now see the correct names. It's of course fine, your help is greatly appreciated.

I have never seen this website. I only know of sa.dk and danishfamilysearch.com - which has not helped me too much. Is this website for last-names search. I see with my limited danish skills that one can search for last names there - I'm still trying to figure out the purpose, or well - why exactly does this website exist?

Best wishes,
Kristján