Please help with birth record for Jørgen Rasmussen

Startet af Meredith Sarmento, 22 Nov 2014 - 12:16

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Meredith Sarmento

Hello,

I am looking for the birth record of Jørgen Rasmussen, born about 1810 in Fakse (Faxe), Praestø.  I have located 3 records for Jørgens born  there in 1810 and early 1811 but I can't decipher these older records very well and looking at census records for Fakse parish I was disappointed to find that Rasmus was a very common name there.
The record that pointed me towards the records below is here: http://www.danishfamilysearch.com/cid6134848

Many thanks in advance,

Meredith Sarmento

http://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn938/churchbook/source4954/opslag2015571

http://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn938/churchbook/source4954/opslag2015573

http://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn938/churchbook/source4954/opslag2015574

Lynn Christiansen

Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Meredith Sarmento

Thank you, Lynne.  So it would appear that none of them are "my" Jørgen.
The search continues...

Meredith

Ralph Rasmussen

The third one is Jørgen Rasmussen, as the putative father is Rasmus Jørgensen, a cavalryman with the third squadron of the Holstein's cavalry guard? regiment (livsregiment).

To find out whether he is your man, you need to hope that both his confirmation and eventual marriage agree on a birth or vaccination date, ideally both.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Meredith Sarmento

Thank you very much for that!  I will start searching for those records and hopefully it will confirm things.  It would be a "break" in the case for me if it does.

No chance he is a relative of yours?

Ralph Rasmussen

No, and you never know whether there is at least an overlap. 

In 1810 my ancestors were all in Hammer herred, and the Rasmussens date from the 1840's and all three emigrated. I'm unclear at the moment where their wives came from, except that my great grandfather first married in the states.  By the 1860's some of their cousins had moved and married closer to Copenhagen.

We'll stay tuned to see whether we have anyone in common.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Meredith Sarmento

I haven't found a confirmation record yet but I have attached the marriage record and I think it may answer the question.  I am pretty sure it reads "Illegitimate" after his name but I have been known to make mistakes - both with reading the old handwriting and my translations.  I wouldn't be here otherwise  :)

Also, as far as the vaccination information goes - is that the name of the person who performed it or the place is was done? Looking at the other entries on the page I am assuming it is a proper name and not a place but again I am not sure.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ralph Rasmussen

I read:

8 Jørgen Rasmussen Ungkarl [JR, bachelor]
Væver og Hmd: Høsten 26 Aar [weaver and villager in H, age 26]
Er vaccineret 1813 af Dithmer [vaccinated in 1813 by dr. D.]

Ane JørgensDatter
Tienestepige I Høsten 21 Aar [servant in H, age 21]
vaccineret 1815 af Tode

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Meredith Sarmento

And this is why I check these things...  :-\

Thank you!

Meredith Sarmento

Can someone please help me decipher the birth place of Jørgen Rasmussen, entry #4 under 1825 on the following:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-33499-3695-32?cc=2078555&wc=M5KH-T3R:357517501,359844901,359888901,359898101

In regards to the marriage record for Jørgen Rasmussen and Ane Jørgensdatter I know that the vaccination date doesn't match - but the doctor does.  I haven't found this physician in any other parish records so I am beginning to think that Jørgen was confirmed in Sønder Dalby. If so, then this is the only likely candidate.

Many thanks, again, in advance,

Meredith

Inger Toudal

The mother of Jørgen born 1. Dec., baptized 16 Dec. 1810 in Fakse, is Maren Matthias D.:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-33499-10980-94?cc=2078555&wc=M5KH-2JF:357517501,359844901,359964701,359982901 - left page.

In the confirmation record, the birth place is not mentioned, but the birth date fits with the above Jørgen.

The parents mentioned at Jørgen's confirmation 1825:

Hmd. i Brøndshøy Rasmus Jørgens
og Hstr. Maren Mathias datter

- the word wife has been crossed out.

The mother of Jørgen born 4 Jan., baptized 13 Jan. 1811, is Kirsten Niels Datter. I cannot decipher the initial
of the alleged father of the child ? Jørgensen:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1951-33499-11454-25?cc=2078555&wc=M5KH-2JF:357517501,359844901,359964701,359982901

- but it's probably A., as the name August Jørgensen is written at the top of the page.

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Meredith Sarmento

Thank you so much, everyone for your help with this!  It is deeply appreciated!

Meredith

Inger Toudal

I'm not able to help with the whereabouts of the mother Maren Mathiasdatter. There are some clues in the birth record: Moderen er kommen fra et fremmed Sogn til sin Søster Hans Hansens Hustrue i Tuehusene for der at ligge i Barselsseng 'The mother has come from another parish to her sister Hans Hansens's wife in Tuehusene to give birth'.

But this could be the alleged father Rasmus Jørgensen, Rytter ved 3die Esquadron af det Holsteenske Liv-Regiment Ryttere, who according to Jørgen's confirmation record was living in Brøndshøy in 1825:

København, Sokkelund, Brønshøj, Et Huus, Brøndshøi By, 41, FT-1834, C2575
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Pos. in household:       Occupation:       
Rasmus Jørgensen    52    Gift       Arbeidsmand    
Ane Jens Datter    53    Gift       hans Kone    
Ane Catrine Rasmus Datter    22    Ugift       deres Datter

København, Sokkelund, Brønshøj, Brønshøi By, Et Hus, 13, FT-1840, C4316
Rasmus Jørgensen    59    Gift       Arbejdsmand    
Ane Jensdatter    59    Gift       Hans Kone

København, Sokkelund, Brønshøj, Brønshøj Bye, Et Huus, 41, FT-1845, B6458
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Pos. in household:       Occupation:       Birth place:
Rasmus Jørgensen    63    Gift       Graver    Tansløv Als [Tandslet]
Ane Jensdatter    64    Gift       hans kone    Brønshøj sogn

København, Sokkelund, Brønshøj, Brønshøi By, et Huus, 14, FT-1850, C1721
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Pos. in household:       Occupation:       Birth place:
Rasmus Jørgensen    68    Enkemand       Graver, Huusfader    Sønderborg
Lovise Veisel    42    Enke       Huusholderske [Rasmus Jørgensen]    Kjøbenhavn
Julliane Veisel    10    Ugift       hendes Datter [Lovise Veisel]    Her i Sognet

København, Sokkelund, Brønshøj, Brønshøj By, Et Hus, 28 - 1/2, FT-1855, C6949
Rasmus Jørgensen    73    Enkemand    Husmand, graver, husfader       Tandslet på Als
Helene Louise Petersen    47    Enke    Husholderske       København

København, Sokkelund, Brønshøj, Brønshøj Skoledistrikt, Et Hus, 23 - F1, FT-1860, D5201
Rasmus Jørgensen    78    Enkemand    Almisselem       Tandslet Sogn, Sønderborg Amt !!
Helene Louise Petersen    52    Enke    Husholderske       København

- and here in the 1803 census:

Haderslev, Haderslev, Haderslev Købstad, Alt Hadersleben 4te Rotte, Hauptstrasse No. 180, 58, FT-1803, C0487
Caspar Ludwig von Abramowitz    23    Ugift    einquartirt    Cornet    
Mathias Lausen    38    Gift    einquartirt    Wachtmeister    
Maria Storm    38    Gift    des Lezteren Frau       
Christopher Lausen    17    Ugift    Ihre Kinder    Trompeter    
Jürgen Lausen    14    Ugift    Ihre Kinder       
Botilla Möllers    9    Ugift    Schwestertochter       
Johanna Terckelsen    23    Ugift    Dienstmagd       
Mathias Blad    38    Ugift    einquartirt    Unterofficier    
Thomas Lausen    22    Ugift    einquartirt    Reuter beim Hollsteinischen Regiment    
Johann Franzen    19    Ugift    einquartirt    Reuter beim Hollsteinischen Regiment    
Eschild Nimtrup    23    Ugift    einquartirt    Reuter beim Hollsteinischen Regiment    
Niels Sünderbye    23    Ugift    einquartirt    Reuter beim Hollsteinischen Regiment    
Jens Herup    22    Ugift    einquartirt    Reuter beim Hollsteinischen Regiment    
Niels Klagering    22    Ugift    einquartirt    Reuter beim Hollsteinischen Regiment    
Rasmus Jürgensen    22    Ugift    einquartirt    Reuter beim Hollsteinischen Regiment
- - - - -

Regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Meredith Sarmento

Wow. Thank you very much for all this, Inger! I really appreciate it and look forward to the challenge of tracking his mother down.

Thank you again!

Meredith

Meredith Sarmento

Inger Toudal

Hi Meredith,

Looks promising! Maren's sister Mette married a Hans Hansen.

I found this about Jørgen Rasmussen's daughter Ane Cathrine mentioned in the 1834 census:

Confirmation 1827 in Brønshøj, Sokkelund, København 1814-1842 (ny), opslag 211. Baptized 11 Sep. 1812 in Fredensborg.

The baptism is in Fredensborg Slot, Lynge-Frederiksborg*, Frederiksborg 1733-1814 (ny), opslag 69, right page. Ane Cathrine was born 31 Jul. 1812 to parents Hmd [husmand] Rytter Rasmus Jürgensen and wife Ane Jensdatter.

* This must be an error on AO - it should be Lynge-Kronborg district, as Fredensborg Slot and Fredensborg Slotskirke are situated in Asminderød.

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal