Johannes Christian Moller b 1830 Apenrade? - came to Australia

Startet af Susanne Larson, 01 Dec 2014 - 04:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Susanne Larson

Hi. I am now on my husband's side of the family! And stuck again.

His ancestor is

Johannes Christian Moller (do I presume Johannes Christian Møller?)

Born about 1830 in Apenrade, Denmark (according to records I do not have access to)

Parents:
Jorgen Christian Moller and Marine Christine Jensen

In Australia, he married Elizabeth Jane Dunshea on 29 Sept 1864 in Majors Creek, NSW,  and then worked in the goldfields until he died in 1873. His children were all named Miller, not Moller.

Unfortunately, in the early days of starting our family research, we simply accepted a lot of family tree matches.  Therefore his ancestor tree is completely corrupted and does not make any sense whatsoever.

I was hoping someone could set us on the right track again with accurate data on him and his parents - and if possible when he left Denmark for Australia.

Thank you and much appreciated.

Susanne

John Wrenholt

Could this be the correct family?

Aabenraa, Rise, Aabenraa Købstad, Apenrade, Ramsherred 88, 616, FT-1845, c6174
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Position in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Jürgen Christopher Möller   37   Gift      Tagelöhner   Kel...??
Marie Catharine geb. Jensen   36   Gift      Dessen Ehefrau   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Johann Christesen Möller   16   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Jürgen Christesen Möller   12   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Peter Rasmussen Möller   10   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Maria Catharina Möller   6   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Loit Kirkebye
Hans Christensen Möller   2   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Apenrade

His birth record is found here:

1810-1853 Dybbøl, Nybøl, Sønderborg (ny) ops 61

Susanne Larson

Interesting! I take it that is a bit in German due to the place/history?

To be honest I am very intrigued but have to go to bed! Will look again in the morning but looks very promising I reckon.

Thanks!

Inger Buchard

To make a look up in the church books at
http://www.sa.dk/content/dk/ao-forside/find_kirkeboger#
you might want to know where to find them
Jürgen Christopher Möller   37   Gift      Tagelöhner/worker   Kekenis (when reading the original entry)
Marie Catharine geb. Jensen   36   Gift      Dessen Ehefrau/his wife   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Johann Christesen Möller   16   Ugift      Denen Kinder/their children   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Jürgen Christesen Möller   12   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Peter Rasmussen Möller   10   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Staugaard pr. Düppel
Maria Catharina Möller   6   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Loit Kirkebye
Hans Christensen Möller   2   Ugift      Denen Kinder   Apenrade

Kekenis, today's Kegnæs is on the island Als, Sønderborg county
Staugaard pr. Düppel= Stovgård in Dybbøl, Sønderborg county
Loit Kirkebye: Løjt Kirkeby, Aabenraa county
Apenrade: Aabenraa

Inger
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Susanne

Something to start on:

In the churchrecord for Dybbøl parish (1810-1853, Ny udgave) in Sønderborg County you can find on view #61:

1829 nr. 31.
Born. Nov 24th. Baptised: Dec 3rd
Johannes Christensen Müller en ægte søn af .. Jürgen Christensen Müller i Staugaard og sammes hustru Marie Cathrine fød Jensen. (JCM a son in wedlock of JCM in Staugaard and his wife MC nee Jensen)
Faddere: (Witness)
1.   Johannes Jensen i Staugaard
2.   Jürgen Christensen i Kier
3.   Anna Elisabeth Christensen

And you find the marriage of the parents on #160 in the same Churchrecord:

1829 nr. 3:
Jurgen Christensen Müller, ungkarl, en ægte Søn af Christian Rasmussen Müller parcelist på Kekenis og hustru Anna Cathrine Chrestens, ægteviet med Pigen Marie Cathrine Jensen, en datter af Parcelist Johannes Jensen i Staugaard og hustru Anna Dorthea Christensen.
... den 20. Juni.

(Jurgen Christensen Müller bachelor a son of Christian Rasmussen Müller smallholder on Kekenis and wife Anna Cathrine Chrestens, married to maid Marie Cathrine Jensen, a daughter of smallholder Johannes Jensen in Staugaard and Anna Dorthea Christensen  on June 20th)

His father's baptism can be found at Churchrecords Kegnæs Parish, Sønderborg County view #68.

Year 1808 nr. 13.
Birth Apr. 25th. Bapt. May 1st
Jørgen Christensen Møller en søn af Christian Rasmussen Møller parcelist i B... og hans hustru Anna Cathrina PetersDatter.
Faddere: Peter Møller paa Kronborg, Hans Nielsen paa ..bjerg og Katrina Dorthea Christens i ....

His mother's baptism can be found in Churchrecords for Dybbøl (1763-1821), Sønderborg County view #101:

Year 1809 nr. 1
Birth: Feb 2nd, Bapt. Feb. 5th
Maria Catharina Jensen. Parcelist und .. i Staugaard Johannes Jensen u. Anna Dorothea Chrestens ....

Witness;
1.   Anna Jensen, Duppel
2.   Andreas Christiansen, Rachb.
3.   Abel Christina Andreas, Staugaard

/Ellen

Susanne Larson

Dear All, Thank you for your help. I am back working on Johannes Christian Moller. My last record of him is now:

Census
Ramsherred 88, Aabenraa, Aabenraa Købstad, Rise, Aabenraa
Living with parents, 4 younger siblings: Aabenraa, Rise, Aabenraa Købstad, Apenrade, Ramsherred 88, 616, FT-1845, c6174

Then he is married in 1864 in Australia to Elizabeth Dunshea in the gold rush area of Majors Creek in Australia.

I am trying to find out what happened in between and how come and when he came to Australia.

Any help would be appreciated.

I found this site with a wild chance it could be him: on a ship called the Aladin:
http://www.skibhist.dk/artikler/aladdin.html

But I have not found any links with his family.

Thank you
Susanne

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hej.

Mon slægten kan findes på Geni.com ? Maby the Family could be found at Geni.com

Med venlig hilsen
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Eva Morfiadakis

Hi,

If he is identical with John Miller who died in Braidwood (or if this is the place where his death was registered) in 1873, his parents were named John and Cathrine.

Eva M
Eva M

Rhonda Staskow

Hi-

I don't know if this is your JC Moller, but the name was very familiar from the shipping research I do regarding ships from Apenrade. (My family were ship builders and captains from Apenrade.) Here are a number of links regarding JC Moller and the ship MIRANDA.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/155020746?searchTerm=%22J.c.%20moller%22&searchLimits=l-decade=186

http://mariners.records.nsw.gov.au/1861/12/050mir.htm

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=ODT18640122.2.7

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?q=moller+miranda&l-decade=186

Hope this helps.

regards, Rhonda

Susanne Larson

Hi Rhonda - so interesting....so exciting....so close....but no.

Had a good look at all I could find, and they are not the same. D@#$! (Not that I am perfect, but think not.)

Such a lovely obvious fit with same name, same hometown, and same destination.

Your JC Møller was interesting though - but lived longer than mine.

So back to the drawing board.

Thank you anyway!!

Susanne