Saving an opslag from AO as a JPEG picture

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 11 Dec 2014 - 03:20

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

How can I save an image from AO as a JPEG file to my pictures folder.  Tak for hjælp.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Debra Roe

I use windows. Click "save" in the upper left corner of the church record and save to your computer.  Open the file with a paint or photo program and save as a .jpg file. That should do it.

Deb

Claus Nissen

Hello Paul

When you "click" the save in the upper left corner
and your give your file a Name just add   .jpg as the extension in the namefield, then it is saved as an JPG picture.

mvh

Claus

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Lynn Christiansen

Paul---

FYI---

When you open an opslag via AO it is automatically saved to your hard drive. If you use AO Tools you can direct it to a specific folder otherwise it is saved to your C: drive but "not My Documents" under the folders AO/data/kirkeboeger, the rest of the location string is given in the title bar of the opslag

i.e. 1961-1974, Sennels, Hillerslev, Thisted/data/kirkekboeger1892/C105/G/009C/0000a-A.jpg

you would find the file for opslag #1 as file 0000a-A.jpg in the folder

--- "C105" for  Thisted
--- The "G" is the Sogn i.e. Sennels, Hillerslev
---  and the "009C" is the respective year range i.e. 1961-1974

There is a logical breakdown that gets you to the folder where the images are saved.

It is a round about way to get to them but most users do not realize that AO saves the images to your hard drive. That is why the box in AO changes color from red to green, green meaning you have viewed it before and it's on your drive.

If you are not prone to keeping the images you can delete them from your drive and reclaim the space.
After a while they take up a LOT of space. I have on my system 259,700 plus files using 71.3 GB.

If you do delete them the next time you go to look at one of them, instead of being green it is red again and it will download again
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Karsten Damén

Claus wrote:
CitatWhen you "click" the save in the upper left corner
and your give your file a Name just add   .jpg as the extension in the namefield, then it is saved as an JPG picture.

A common misunderstanding.  But changing the file extension to .jpg will not make it a JPG file.
Inside it's still a TIFF (look inside and you will see that it is a file with CCITT T.6 bi-level encoding - still a TIFF file).

You'll need to save the file locally and use a programme to open and change the file - exactly as stated by Debra Roe.  Microsoft Office Picture Manager will be just fine; or most other (free) photo programmes .

best regards
Karsten

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Tusind tak Karsten.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul