Looking for biological grandfather Jens Pedersen

Startet af Carmela, 16 Dec 2014 - 19:08

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Carmela

Thank you Henrik for clearing that up.  Too bad, it would have been interesting if they were related but thats the way it goes.  Still, I will add them to my family tree too, for respectfulness.

For anyone interested, I have done dna tests through AncestryDNA (where I have my family tree), and 23andme, as well as FamilyTree DNA.

Citat fra: Inger Toudal [1655] Dato 20 Sep 2017 - 09:37

Here's a photo of Jens Johan Pedersen at the age of 14: https://arkiv.dk/vis/3874021

Hi Inger.  Is that website for all of Denmark or just Samsoe?

Inger Toudal

It's a website for local archives in Denmark: https://arkiv.dk/

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Thank you.  I am going to add that to my list of sites for my Denmark research.  Love seeing the old photos.

Carmela

It's a great site, I look through it often, and have noted many possible relatives with it.

Carmela

Hello all,

It's been a few months, and, while I am sure of the marriage between my grandmother and Jens, I cannot seem to connect with any people who can confirm or elaborate with further info. 

I am also wondering - are Danes even allowed to do DNA testing?  Because all of my matches are pretty much British/Scottish/
Irish, with a minimum of Scandinavian.  I really should be around 25% Scandinavian, but I haven't found the matches to support that.  Which is why I'm wondering....

Anders M. Petersen

DNA testing is fully legal in Denmark, but not that popular yet, but I am working on it  ;)

Most Danes test with FamilyTreeDNA and MyHeritage.

Kind regards
Anders
Medlem af DIS / Bruger Legacy 9.0
Mine aner: www.morup-petersen.dk/stamtavle/1.htm

Carmela

Thanks for the info Anders,  I have now added MyHeritage to the list of DNA companies I've tested at. 

Regards,
Carmela

Carmela

I was looking through arkiv.dk this morning and came across a photo someone uploaded of Aksel Marinus Pedersen.  He is my mother's half-brother through their father Jens Johan Pedersen.

Thank you!  It is nice to have at least a photo, though to know any of them would have been better, of course.

Once again,  thank you very much for all your help in tracing this previously unknown side of my family - and myself, I greatly appreciate everyone's efforts.

Best regards,

Carmela