question from the Danish Demographic Database

Startet af Trisha Weathers, 25 Dec 2014 - 23:42

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Trisha Weathers

http://ddd.dda.dk/asp/alle_opl.asp

This is a grandparent of mine several times removed.  (Can't count right now :) )

Is there a reason there are two exclamation marks under the place of birth?  (Ousted Parish!!)

Also what is Bud mean, as the business?

If this link does not work, I am searching under cencus on ddd.dda.dk
Amt: Kobenhaven
Herred: Kobenhaven
Sogn: Farvergade

Name: Lars Frederiksen
FTar: All

Thank you

Trisha

Helmer Christiansen

Bud = Messenger

The exclamation marks of the transcriber could be because there is no parish in Denmark called Ousted.
There is an Ovsted in Voer, Skanderborg or Osted in Voldborg, Roskilde.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Inger Toudal

København, København (Staden), Farvergade, Farvergade 19, 137, 85, FT-1880, D3988
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:       Occupation:       Birth place:
Lars Frederiksen    40    Gift    Husfader    Bud    Ousted Sogn !!
Anna Elisabeth Frederiksen    42    Gift    Hans Kone       Farum Sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Jens Peder Hans Frederiksen    13    Ugift    Deres Søn       København
Anna Margrethe Frederiksen    9    Ugift    Deres Datter       København

Please refer to the old thread https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,26246.0.html

Lars Frederiksen, Bud, Birth place Kastholm:
http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3321805&searchname=polit_simple

http://www.krabsen.dk/stednavnebase/ - there's a place called Kastholm in Osted parish, Roskilde county.

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Eva Morfiadakis

Roskilde, Voldborg, Osted, Kastholm Bye, Et Huus, 70 F1, FT-1840, C8063

Frederik Jørgensen 38 Gift  Hmd. og Træskomand 
Margrethe Jensdatter 37 Gift  Hans kone 
Hans Frederiksen 8 Ugift  Deres børn 
Jens Frederiksen 7 Ugift  Deres børn 
Niels Frederiksen 3 Ugift  Deres børn 
Lars Frederiksen 1 Ugift  Deres børn

This is him and his family.  You find his birth in Osted, Roskilde amt in book 1814-1843, image 72.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Roskilde, Voldborg, Osted, Kastholm By, et huus, 76, FT-1845, B7860

Frederik Jørgensen 42 Gift  træskomand Særløse, Kjøbenhavns Amt 
Margrethe Jensdatter 40 Gift  hans kone Alleslev, Kjøbenhavns Amt 
Hans Frederiksen 13 Ugift  deres børn her i sognet [Ousted] 
Jens Frederiksen 12 Ugift  deres børn - " - [Ousted] 
Niels Frederiksen 8 Ugift  deres børn - " - [Ousted] 
Lars Frederiksen 6 Ugift  deres børn - " - [Ousted] 
Christen Pedersen 18 Ugift  træskolærling Lellinge, Kjøbenhavns Amt 
Ane Jensdatter 49 Enke(mand)  almisselem Kornerup, Kjøbenhavns Amt 
Karen Hansdatter 14 Ugift  hendes børn Særløse, Kjøbenhavns Amt 
Maren Hansdatter 12 Ugift  hendes børn - " - [Særløse, Kjøbenhavns Amt] 
Christian Hansen 9 Ugift  hendes børn - " - [Særløse, Kjøbenhavns Amt] 

Father is a clog maker.

Christen Pedersen is a clog maker apprentice. Ane Jensdatter is a poor person staying with the family. She is a widow and has got three children.

Eva M
Eva M

Trisha Weathers

Thank you everyone for your help!  I really appreciate the help I can get on this board.

On the registerblade that Inger provided the link to:
http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=3321805&searchname=polit_simple

It gives a place of death of Alderdomshjemmet

Is this a city or some kind of establishment?

Trisha

Trisha Weathers

Ok,  I found Lars' birth record as Eva had given (Thank you Eva :) )

"You find his birth in Osted, Roskilde amt in book 1814-1843, image 72."

Is anyone able to read that?

Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Trisha Weathers [19653] Dato 28 Dec 2014 - 14:41
It gives a place of death of Alderdomshjemmet

Is this a city or some kind of establishment?

It's an establishment.

You find the death record in København, Sokkelund, Alm. Hospital/De Gamles By 1917-1922, opslag 18.

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Trisha Weathers

Is anyone able to read the birth record for Lars Frederiksen?

Osted, Roskilde amt in book 1814-1843, image 72.

Trisha Weathers

So I have a question.  I found several census' for Frederik Jørgensen (as indicated above) spanning from 1834-1880.  His wife is Margrethe Jensdatter, as which she is referred to.  However starting in the 1850 census and on her last name is shown as Jensen.

Now I do understand that "datter" at the end of a surname mean "daughter of", and "sen" or "son" at the end of a surname means "son of".  Is there any significant reason her they would start spelling her surname differently?

I am also having a hard time searching for Frederik in the police registers.  This is my first time trying to search, so any tips on the best way to use the search function would be grateful.

Thanks

Inge Nissen

Hej

Jensdatter and Jensen is the same, some priests used Jensdatter and others Jensen, the latter became more and more common. At that time, when Margrethe was born, a child was only baptized with a firstname/firstnames.

www.politietsregisterblade.dk/en/

www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&view=politsearch
Udvidet søgning = advanced search

Bjørn Marcher

Hi Trisha,

The birth record is approximately:

11.Dec.1839   Lars Frederiksen    Døbt Dom. Septuagesima d.16.Febr.1840

(parents)  Hmd Frederik Jørgensen i Kastholm og Hstru . Margrethe JensDt

(Witnesses)   Baaret af Marie Lars dt. i Kasth.  Ungk. Søren Larsen, Hmd. And(ers) Nielsen i Skottebjerg, og Hmd. Hans Larsen i Saasth.

or with translation:

Born December 11, 1839 : Lars Frederiksen. Baptised Dominica Septuagesima (in latin) , i.e. Ferbuary 16, 1840.

(Parents) Small farmer  Frederik Jørgensen (living) in Kastholm and wife Margrethe Jensdatter.

Carried by Marie Larsdatter in Kastholm, Batchelor Søren Larsen, small farmer Anders Nielsen in Skottebjerg, and small farmer Hans Larsen in Saash.  

----

Concerning the transition of Jensdatter to Jensen: We had legislation of names in 1828 and 1856. The first demanded all members of a Family to have the same Family name (e.g. Jensen), it could be formed from the fathers patronym, or taken from his profession, or of a locality (the place he lived). It was not fully implemented by all priests, so the 1856 legislation again stated this, and commanded it to be valid for all future persons of that Family...!!  Lars could have had the Family name Jørgensen, but the priest did not implement the 1828 legislation.!

best regards

Bjørn
Bjørn Marcher
2670 Greve
www.bearfields.dk
Medlem af DIS-Danmark