Startet af Kathleen Mashburn, 17 Jan 2015 - 02:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kathleen Mashburn

From the 1855 Census:
Trying to find out parents -
Aalborg, Kaer, Hals, Hals By, et 58 FT 1855, C9085

Name:
Marthe Sophie Christiane Sorinne Bianche Schjott
Trying to find out where this girl was born and who her parents were. 
In the 1855 census she was listed as 17 years old living with her grandmother Marthe Schach, fodt Hesselberg.
States born Aalborg Amt - Hellum Sogn

Thank you

Ralph Rasmussen

It turns out to be Hjørring, Dronninglund, Hellum 1814-1855, opslag/lookup 64, # 2 of 1837, born December 30, 1837.  Baptized February 27 due to weakness, brought to church June 21.  Her vaccination date may be noted in otherwise unused pages of the previous book.  The Hellum confirmation record for the early 1850's. opslag 112, doesn't include Marthe.

Father Niels Kristian Frederik Otto Schjøtt [as corrected below the original entry], mother Chirstine? Frederike Schjødt, née Scharf
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Kathleen,

I found the birth of Marthe on 30 Dec 1837 in Hellum, Dronninglund, Hjørring, opslag 62 nr 2.  I cannot read the names of her parents because of the use of the old Gothic script.  Perhaps someone else can help.

Sincerely,
Paul

Ralph Rasmussen

Getting back to the birth, I can now see the mother's maiden name as Schach.  It's the new version where the lookup is 64.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Kathleen Mashburn

Thank you very much for all the help.  You can not believe how far we have come in searching our family with the help from all of you.  It is greatly greatly appreciated.
Kathleen

Ralph Rasmussen

The family, with their respective birth parishes:

Aalborg, Kær, Hals, Hals By, et Hus, 99, FT-1850, C9082
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Niels Christian Frederik Otto Schjøtt   35   Gift      Har Handelsbevilling, fraværende i Krigstjeneste, [absent, serving in the war] Husfader   Veile
Else Frederikke Schack   30   Gift      hans Kone   Ulsted Sogn, Aalborg Amt
Martha Sophie Biancha Schiøtt   12   Ugift      deres Børn   Hellum Sogn, Aalborg Amt
Julie Laurence Constance Schiøtt   11   Ugift      deres Børn   Hellum Sogn, Aalborg Amt
Schack Johan Lauritz Frederik Schiøtt   8   Ugift      deres Børn   Elling Sogn, Hjørring Amt
Dorthea Marie Nieldatter   18   Ugift      Tjenestepige   Sebber Sogn, Aalborg Amt

One way or another, the father must not have come unscathed from the war.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Otto Kjærgaard

Be aware of that the spelling of Schiøtt varies. Often the spelling changed when the person moved.
sch can be changed to Sk Skj Schj

o to ö ø y oi

tt to t dt

sometimes they added an e  Schytte , Skytte, Skjødt , Skioet are  just a few examples of possible variations of that name. so therefore it can be very tricky to search for them. 

I have a great great grandfather born near Haderslev Frederik Christian Schøtt born 1837.
I dont have a full overwiev of his family but I would look for connections in the South Eastern part of Jutland.

Ralph Rasmussen

I have found Elisa Frederica in Ulsted, Kær, Ålborg 1808-1815 'ny', opslag 8, right side 1812 #3.  She was born December 23rd, baptied the 25th.  Her parents recorded as F. C. ? Schaw and Madam M. Schaw.  She was vaccinated March 28th, 181?.

Her marriage is also in Ulsted, 1833-1851, opslag 186, November 11, 1836. The groom is Niels Christian Frederik Otto Schjøtt of Hellumlund manor, aged 24.

Reading the details is an ongoing project.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Ralph Rasmussen

A little more:

Marthe Hesselberg looks a lot to be the grandmother or a great aunt.  I found her baptism in Ulsted 1684-1808, opslag 237, the first entry for 1781.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Ralph Rasmussen

I should have read 'Schaw' as Schak in Elisa's baptism.  Marthe was in fact married to Christian Beyer Schak on the third Sunday after Easter 1809, 1808-1815, opslag 14, # 4 of 1809.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen