Searching for Ellen's death

Startet af George Hawkins, 28 Jan 2015 - 09:28

Forrige emne - Næste emne

George Hawkins

Hello, I am trying to find when my 3x great grandmother Ellen Marie Jacobsen (born Clausen) died. She is here in the 1890 census living in Torstrup with my great-great grandmother's sister Jørgine and her family. I can't fond them anywhere after this. Any help would be much appreciated.
http://dfsimage.danishfamilysearch.com/data/folketaelling/ft1890/01046/00367.jpg

Heidi Ilsoee

Ribe, Øster Horne, Tistrup, Gaarde Bye, Huus, 11, FT-1870, D5906
Jes Jacobsen 49 Gift Huusfader Dagleier ??, Ribe Amt  
Elen Marie Clausen 54 Gift Huusmoder  S. . .?? i Faarup, Ribe Amt  
Zacarias Bastian 19 Ugift Søn  Jernvedlund, Ribe Amt  
Jørgine Jacobsen 12 Ugift Datter  Jernvedlund, Ribe Amt  
Jacobine Jacobsen 10 Ugift Datter  Strelluf, Ringkjøbing Amt  

Ribe, Øster Horne, Horne, Horne By, en Gaard, 183, FT-1880, C9906
Jes Jakobsen 59 Gift Husfader  Thistrup Sogn, Ribe Amt  
Ellen Maria Jakobsen 65 Gift Husmoder  Vester Vested Sogn, Ribe Amt  

Do you know where her husbond Jes is burried? I can not find him in either Horne, Tistrup or Torstrup parish, Ribe 1880-1890.
Maybe she is burried with him.

Heidi

George Hawkins

No, I am not even sure when he died unfortunately.

George Hawkins

Well, I found Jes Jacobsen's death - Aarre on 10 Aug 1885. Wonder if as was suggested earlier Ellen Marie was also buried there.

Eva Morfiadakis

Jes Jacobsen 64 was son of deceased Jacob  Nielsen, living at Hesselgaard where he was born. Married.

I interpret it that his wife was still alive in 1885.

Årre 1881-1892 image 57.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Maybe it should be interpreted like this:

Jes Jacobsen 64 was son of deceased Jacob  Nielsen at Hesselgaard where he was born. Married.

It does not say "living at" but only "at". The Jes Jacobsen you are looking for was born in Tistrup sogn at Hesselho. Maybe the places have been mixed up.

Hav you found him and his wife in Årre in Census 1880?

Eva M
Eva M

George Hawkins

In the 1880 census Jes and Ellen Marie were living in Horne. Presumably she went with him to Aarre, then after his death she went on to Torstrup with her daughter where she is recorded in the 1890 census. I assume she died between 1890 and 1900 as I can not find her after that.

Yes, Jes Jacobsen was indeed born in Tistrup in 1817.

George Hawkins

Put the wrong date for Jes' birth - too late to edit - should be 1821 in Tistrup.