Oluf Christian Smidt

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 01 Feb 2015 - 21:33

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have been searching for years for the history of Oluf Christian Smidt.  I have his birth and confirmation in Svendborg.  Then he is in the København police register as Oluf Christian Schmidt and he is in København to at least 1901.  Then I lose track of him.  Today I found this website that mentions him in the last line.  http://www.starbas.net/bestillingsenhed.php?bestillingsenhed_id=500665&laes_mere_enhed=ja  Does this give me any idea of where to look for him?

Mange tak for din Hjælp.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Heidi Ilsoee

The words from the mentioned website:
afskedigelse af maskinarbejder Oluf Christian Smidt (j.nr. 326)

Translation:
dismissal of a machinist Oluf Christian Smidt (Case No. 326)

The cases on this page is from 1931-32, where he is i Frederiksberg (A part of Copenhagen)
You can order these cases for reading in Frederiksberg City Archive Reading Room:

År (Year): 1931-1932
J.Nr.: 201-329, 1931/32.
Bestillingsnummer (Order number): A 10
Unfortunately I am not living in that part of the country, but I will try to find someone who is.

Heidi

Heidi Ilsoee

He is here in 1925 with wife and 3 children:

København, København (Staden), Folkvarsvej (lige numre), , -, 7, FT-1925, D6238
Oluf Christian Smidt 7/2 1879 G Husfader Maskinarbejder. Frbg Gasværk Svendborg 
Johanne Smidt 14/5 1878 G Husmoder  Fredericia 
William Edvard Smidt 9/2 1905 U Søn Uden Beskæftigelse Frederiksberg 
Ludvig Bernhard Smidt 29/9 1906 U Søn Arbejder hos P Johansen Eftf Ricksvej 109-111 Frederiksberg 
Frode Christian Smidt 5/1 1917 U Søn  Frederiksberg

http://www.geni.com/people/Frode-Christian-Smidt/6000000023727527044?through=6000000023727430265

Heidi Ilsoee

And in 1921:

København, København (Staden), Folkvarsvej, Folkvarsvej, 11DR, 6-F8, FT-1921, D5196
Smidt, Oluf Christian 7/2 1879 Gift Husfader Maskinarbejder Svendborg 
Smidt, Johanne 14/5 1878 Gift Husmoder  Fredericia 
Smidt, Ludvig Bernhardt 29/9 1905 Ugift Søn Messedreng Frederiksberg 
Smidt, Frode Chrsitian 5/1 1916 Ugift Søn  Frederiksberg 

Eva Morfiadakis

hello Paul,

If you look at the link that Heidi enclosed the family tree is managed by Kell Schjern Schmidt. Maybe he can help you. He is the grandson of Oluf Christian Schmidt.

Eva M
Eva M

Heidi Ilsoee

Frode Christian Smidt is born 05.01.1917 in Skt. Lukas parish, Copenhagen (AO 264)
Son af machinworker Oluf Christian Smidt and wife Johanne born Hansen.
The family lives in Folkvarsvej 6, 3.floor

The parent are married 12.05.1904 i Skt. Thomas parish, Copenhagen (AO 177)

Oluf Christian Smidt - son of Joachim Bernhard Smidt and wife Ane Marie Petersen.
Born in Svendborg parish, Svendborg County 07.02.1879
Living: Helgesvej 22, 4.th

Johanne Hansen - daughter of Thomas Hansen and wife Gretchen Marie Henningsen
Born in Fredericia county, Vejle County 14.05.1878
Living: Brandes Allé

Vejle, Elbo, Fredericia Købstad, , Prindsensgade Hjørnet af Kongensstræde nr. 24. - 10 Forhus Stuen a, 1267, FT-1880, C9909
Thomas Hansen 33 Gift Weversvend  Gaarslev Sogn Veile Amt 
Gretchen Marie Hansen født Henningsen 27 Gift hans Kone Husmoder  Fredericia 
Hans Heinrich Hansen 7 Ugift deres Søn  Fredericia 
Johannes Hemming Hansen 5 Ugift do [deres] do [Søn]  Fredericia 
Kathrine Hansen 3 Ugift do [deres] Datter  Fredericia 
Nielsine Hansen 1 Ugift do [deres] do [Datter]  Fredericia 
Johanne Hansen 1 Ugift do [deres] do [Datter]  Fredericia 
Lauge Petersen Holm 24 Ugift Sergent ved 10de Bataillon  Malt Sogn Ribe Amt 
Christen Christensen Bjerregaard 26 Ugift Corporal ved 10de do [Bataillon]  ?? Sogn Ribe Amt

Heidi

Paul Londahl-Smidt

What a wonderful present to find on a dreary Monday morning.  God bless you Heidi and Eva.  I can't tell you how happy I am.  I have found many of my Løndahl relatives in Denmark but never any of the Smidts.  Oluf's father, Joachim Bernhardt Smidt is my great grandfather.  You have made my year.

Heidi, how did you find the information on Oluf? 

Med venlig hilsen fra South Carolina, USA
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Eva og Heidi,

Because of your help I am finally in contact with a Danish Smidt relative.   After searching for over 5 years I feel like I have found the lost Ark of the Covernent.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Heidi Ilsoee

First I tried diffent spelling in the Copenhagen census and found the Family in 1921 and 1925 - then I tried to locate which church the children may have been babtised in and when I found Frode's babtism, it said where the parents were married.

Good luck with you future relation with the Danish Smidt Family.

Heidi

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Heidi,

I have had many e-mails from my Danish Smidt relatives and they are really interested in what I have found about our ancesors.  What a great joy to share this information.

Thanks for telling me about locating them through the København police records.  I will remember that in my future research.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul