Help with research in Tønder

Startet af Marlon Henvit, 02 Feb 2015 - 20:58

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Marlon Henvit

I am researching my ancestor Hans Andresen Bossen. I have his name from the marriage record of his daughter, Helena Catharina Bossen, which can be seen at Tønder, Tønder, Tønder 1763-1850 Opslag 399, line 1. His death can be seen in Tønder, Tønder, Tønder 1763-1785, Opslag 419, # 59. This would put his birth as 1709 but years ago someone from this forum thought he found the record as 26 April 1705, This is found in Tønder, Tønder, Tønder 1653-1726, Opslag 287, 1st column. I have a paper titled Bossen in Tønder which has the birth, death  and marriage of everyone found in the Tønder parish. Hans' death is listed but not a birth for Hans. Hans father's name should be Andreas. There is no birth for an Andreas listed in the correct time frame. The only Bossen in the correct time frame is a ?. Could this be the father of Hans. I can not find this record.

Any help with the birth of Hans or Andreas would be appreciated.

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevada USA

Ole Westermann

The suggestion about Hans Andreasen Bossen born in 1705 is not correct.
The record is better seen in new edition ops 292:
1705 Apr 26 Andreas Bossen's daughter Gyde is baptized.

And I don't see Andreas Bossen anywhere else 1701-1712 in Tønder.
Maybe he could have moved somewhere else nearby ?

Ole

Marlon Henvit

Thanks again for all of your help Ole. What about the birth of Boh, 26 January 1698, Opslag 248. I think this is another child of Andreas. Also, if it is any help, I have this information: An Andrea Bossen shoemaker became a citizen in 1705. page 43: "Bürger- und Einwohnerbuch der Stadt Tondern bis 1869" by Ludwig Andresen.

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevada USA

Ole Westermann

Yes, that is Andreas Bossen's son Boh being baptized 26.Jan.1698.
Witnesses: Pop Karstensen, Andreas Bossen and Catharina Lehnert's.

This could indicate that the surname Bossen more correctly should be Bohsen, but
in daily speech it became to Bossen.

And the shoemaker AB must be him. Do you know when he died ?

Ole

Marlon Henvit

No, I have never been able to find a death for him. I guess this will remain a mystery. Thanks again Ole.

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevaa USA

Marlon Henvit

Revisiting this post I noticed that family search shows the birth of Andres Boysen on 13 February 1670. Father is Boy Andersen. I think it is Opslag 87 in the new book. I am wondering if this could be my Andreas Bossen. I am wondering about the similarity (at least in English) of the names Boy and Boh, as my Andreas Bossen had a first son named Boh/

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevada USA

Ole Westermann

Yes, that could very well be him. Boysen/Bossen is not that far from eachother.
It is his day of baptism (tauffen).

Ole

Marlon Henvit

Hi Ole,

There were two Andres Boysen. The 2nd born April 1674, Opslag 109. I assume the first died before 1674 but I can't seem to find deaths in the book. Could I get a translation of that record? Is Boy a variation of the given name Boh? I am wondering because my Andreas had a first son named Boh.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevada USA

Ole Westermann

Hi Marlon,

It says
Item (April 26) Boy Anderss(en)  Tauffen l(assen)
     Gefatt(er)
Andress Jebssen
                                Andress
Hanss Cornelss
(en)

Same date Boy Andersen had his son Andress (Andreas) baptized
Witnesses: Andreas Jebsen/Jepsen and Hans Cornelsen

Unfortunately data about burials are missing before 1740 and marriages before 1758.

Boy/ Boje/ Bøje is a name with Frisian origin and is definitely most common is this area (Schleswig).
Bo /Boe /Boh is probably the same name.

In the local dialect Andreas was called Andrés og just Drés. I grew up in this area.

Ole

Marlon Henvit

Ole, thanks for all the information.

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevada USA