Simonsen from Vejle & Haderslev Circa 1850, Pedersen & Simonsen Ringkøbing 1870

Startet af Charles Smith, 17 Mar 2015 - 19:49

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Charles Smith

Looking for possible Danish relatives or ones living elsewhere. Hans Nielsen Simonsen born 9 Mar 1854 and Mette Christine Pedersen born 27 Jul 1853 are 2nd great grandparents and below are several Denmark censuses that show their families.

Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Ødis (Slesvisk), Øddis, Kaadnersted, 36, FT-1860, B1953

Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Andreas Peter Lauritzen    34    Gift    Besidder af en Kaadnersted. Huusf.       Her i byen
Anne Christine Simonsen    45    Gift    hans kone. gjordemoder       Øster Linnet sogn, Haderslev amt
Peter Nielsen Simonsen    19    Ugift    deres børn       Bjerning sogn, Haderslev amt
Ellen Marie Simonsen    16    Ugift    deres børn       Bjerning sogn, Haderslev amt
Hans Nielsen Simonsen    6    Ugift    deres børn       Bjerning sogn, Haderslev amt

Haderslev, Sønder Tyrstrup, Bjerning, Kafdrup, Inderststed, , FT-1845, B6540

Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Niels Hansen Simonsen    45    Gift       Smed    Bjerning
Anne Kirstine Tistrup    34    Gift       hans Kone, Jordemoder    Øster Linnet
Hans N. Simonsen    12    Ugift       deres Barn    Bjerning
Anders N. Simonsen    8    Ugift       deres Barn    Bjerning
Peder N. Simonsen    4    Ugift       deres Barn    Bjerning
Ellen Marie Simonsen    1    Ugift       deres Barn    Bjerning

Ringkøbing, Bølling, Sønder Borris, Agger, Et huus, 5, FT-1855, D3743

Peder Madsen    60    Gift    Inderste, huusfader       Bølling, Ringkb. Amt
Ingeborg Simonsdatter    43    Gift    Hans kone       Holmsland, Ringkjøbing Amt
Mette Christine Pedersdatter    2    Ugift    Deres datter       Her i Sognet

Ringkøbing, Bølling, Sønder Borris, Gaasdal distrikt, Et huus, 18, FT-1870, D3751

Ingeborg Simonsen    57    Enke    Huusmoder    Jordbruger    Nye S., Hl., Ringk. A.
Ane Kirstine Simonsen    20    Ugift    Hendes børn    Bølling S., Ringk. A. (Half-sister of Christine's)
Mette Christine Pedersen    16    Ugift    Hendes børn    Borris S., Ringk. A.

Hans and Christine married in 1880 and emigrated to the USA in 1884. They lived in Kansas City, Kansas and had five children. They both died in about 1932. You can contact me at smith chas r at gmail (no spaces). I have a family tree at ancestry.com and have also done the DNA testing there. Thank you.
Charles Smith
KC USA

Heidi Ilsoee

Tried to translate as well as possible:

Ingeborg Simonsdatter, born 25. oktober 1812.

She moved from Nørre Vium to Borris 4. april 1852. Married 8. maj 1852 in Borris in the grooms home to Peder Madsen Hedegaard, born in Bølling ca. 1795, dead in Borris 12. april 1869. Son of Mads Pedersen from Bølling.

At the marriage to Ingeborg Simonsdatter it says, that the groom is divorced from his wife 21. juni 1845, with permission to enter a new marriage.

It is also mentioned, that Ingeborg Simonsdatter has two children out of wedlock.

Peder Madsens and Ingeborg Simonsdatters marriage is disolved before 1860.
Ingeborg Simonsdatter lives 1860 in a house in Sønder Borris and is a divorced fashion-dealer. In 1880 she lives with Hans Nielsen and wife Marie Petersen in Borris.

Peder Madsen and Ingeborg Simonsdatter had a daughter:
Mette Christine Pedersdatter, born in Borris 27. juli 1853.
http://rosenkilde.nu/wp-content/uploads/AKS/EnevoldsenHaurvig3.htm

Erik Schaefer

My Great Great Grandmother was born in Ødis in 1874.  But she was married and lived in Vamdrup.  Her father was from Hjarup but died in Ødis.

I've got branches in Vejle and Haderslev as well, but not the exact parishes your family is from.  Close though!
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads