Hansen Tofte Family, Sonderborg around 1740 - 1765

Startet af Karin Tofte Rosenstrom, 23 Mar 2015 - 01:01

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Karin Tofte Rosenstrom

Still trying to locate the birth of Johan Hansen Tofte. Have obtained several shipping records that states, he came from Sonderborg  but have not been able to locate his birth. He died in Copenhagen, 1803 at age 60, so his birth would have been in 1743 (or there about). I have all other info on him and his family but would really like to find his birth record and thereby find out, where my name came from. Have tried to get help from Sonderborg, but no luck there. There was a Peter Hansen Tofte family in Marstal in 1789 - wonder if he could be a brother? Anyone?? :)
Dorthe

Lise Gorgone

Hi,
I've got two persons with that surname of more recent date:

Kjørnum Hansen Tofte no data, Iceland
Son:
Truels Hansen Tofte1915 Iceland-1983 Denmark.
Just an info.

Kind regards
Lise Gorgone

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Karin

I believe this is the Johan, you are trying to find the birth of:

København, København (Staden), Øster Kvarter, Øster Kvarter, Matr. 293, 881, FT-1801, A5021
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Johan Hansen Tofte, Huus Eier 60   Gift   Husbonde   Islandsk Købmand og Skipper
Anna Chatrine Tofte   52   Gift   hans Kone      
Hans Mattias Tofte   18   Ugift   deres Søn   Islandsk Købmand   
Jens Severin Tofte   15   Ugift   deres Søn   Assistent   
Johan Hansen Tofte   7   Ugift   deres Søn      
Maren Cathrine Tofte   20   Ugift   deres Datter      
Bodil Tofte      10   Ugift   deres Datter      
Kirstine Marie Rosenberg   25   Ugift   Tienestepige

To you have an example on one of the shipping records, that states his is born in Sonderborg?

/Ellen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Karin
Are you aware of the Hans Jacob Tofte who is the builder of the house Nyhavn 53 in 1756.

http://www.kobenhavnshistorie.dk/bog/matrikel/skta_oester.html - look under Matr.nr.27.

/Ellen

Karin Tofte Rosenstrom

Hi Ellen,
Yes, I'm aware of the house I Nyhavn, but I've not found a family connection between the two.
Thank you for the 1801 Census, which I already have together with info about their children's birth. Two things I'm missing is Johan Hansen Tofte's birth and his marriage record.
Have tried to attach the record where's it states he was born in Sonderborg without any luck. So I'm going to try to email this to you separately.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Dorthe