Locating birth of Ane Marie Andersdatter in Hjarup Ribe Amt

Startet af Erik Schaefer, 28 Mar 2015 - 05:53

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Erik Schaefer

I know from her burial record she was born about 1807 in Hjarup.  But the handwriting is awful and I can't read it to know which is her record and what the exact date is.

Thank you.
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Erik Schaefer

Ok I found her confirmation which says her father's name was Anders Fløjstrup (I wondered where that tilnavn came from, because I saw it a lot).  It looks like she baptism was 16 sept 1807 if that helps.  Still looking for the birth record.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Inge Nissen

Ribe, Anst, Hjarup, 1802-1814 ny udgave, opslag 19, nr. 5

I can not read all, but it says that Anders Sørensen and Maren Andersdatter's daughter Anna Marie was baptized 16. sept 1807

Fløjstrup could be a tilnavn, not always used.

According to www.krabsen.dk/stednavnebase/, der are more places called Fløjstrup, but not near Hjarup.

Perhaps they can help you here:

www.kongeaamuseet.dk/hjarup_sogn/page_000.htm

kongeaamuseet@mail.dk

Ralph Rasmussen

Continuing:  Daaben kendes d: 18, xx 21 S: efter [trinitatis] Fadd: Kjersten Marie Andersd: tj[enende] i Har..., Jens Laurids:, Hans Jens: i Skovstrup? xx Michel xxx Østergaard, Maren, Jes Andersens H:, Kjersten Jørgen J...s H: [hustru, wife]

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Erik Schaefer

Thank you Ralph.

I think this is Anders baptism.  Very hard to read.  I am also trying to find his marriage to Maren.  Currently I am downloading the new images with AOV.  They are easier to read than the old ones that I had been using.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XY5T-PZG

EDIT:

Ok found marriage record:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FKH1-JHC

Thanks again everyone.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Erik Schaefer

Sorry, one last question.  It appears Hjarup census for 1801 and 1787 is not online.  Has it not been transcribed, does it not exist, or was Hjarup not part of Denmark at the time? 

I always forget the history of southern Denmark.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Ralph Rasmussen

You will want to check 'hvad er indtastet', what is transcribed in DDD.  Ribe was part of Denmark proper, rather than the duchies.

The marriage you found indexed is recorded with the betrothal here, with details on Maren's birth parish.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1961-33506-23046-84?cc=2078555&wc=M5KZ-ZNP:357516701,359868701,359923201,359933502

That's image 14, page 22 in the original.  Page or folio numbers, if they can be sniffed out, are good to record because the records are sometimes rephotographed.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Erik Schaefer

Hi Ralph, I don't understand the second half of your message. How are these page or folio numbers different than what I can download using AOV?

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Ralph Rasmussen

The opslag, (lookup) numbers change on occasion.  Or there may be a whole new series of images.  With luck, the handwritten page numbers are visible on the images.  It is not that much fun to go back and reexamine a page only to find you have to track it down again.  

Citing a page number or a year is added insurance against typos in your notes or your citations in an inquiry.

PS:
I was also into DDD and their list of transcribed censuses and see that Hjarup 1787 and 1801 are listed as done.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Erik Schaefer

Ah I see.  Thanks.  I use the notes in AOV to mark pages in addition to saving the images to my tree.  So far it has not been too difficult to go back and find things.

I see the censuses on DDD now.  I think before I was doing Census <1834/1835 and it was giving me the error.  When I changed it to Census = 1801 then I got results and found the families.

Thanks again.

Ribe, Anst, Hjarup, Hjarup Sogn og Bye, , , FT-1787, C5772
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:       Occupation:       Birth place:
Søren Sørensen    33    Gift    Mand    er Dagleyer og sidder i Leyhuus    
Sidsel Marie Lauritzd.    42    Gift    Hans Kone       
Lauritz Andersen    20       Børn af 1ste Ægteskab       
Kiersten Andersd.    12       Børn af 1ste Ægteskab       
Bodel Maria Andersd.    10       Børn af 1ste Ægteskab       
Niels Andersen    6       Børn af 1ste Ægteskab       
Anders Sørensen    2       Børn af 2det Ægteskab    

Sidsel Lausdatter    57    Gift    hans Kone       
Anders Andersen    15       deres Søn

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Erik Schaefer

What is the occupation:  "Sidder i Leyehus" (I've also seen it Leyehuus).

Is that a place?  I can't find it on a map.  Google translate doesn't translate it though.  I see many people in the 1787 census in Hjarup are listed as "Sidder i Leyehus"

Nevermind, someone told me it is "lejet hus" and google translate told me that means "rented house"

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Eric
"Sidder i Leyehus" or "Leyehuus" means 'lives in a rented house'.

/Ellen

Erik Schaefer

Thank you Ellen.

Ralph, what do you read as Maren Andersdatter's place of birth?  I read it as:

D_____
L_b_rg Sogn

I found this census record for 1787, I think this might be her family, but maybe I am reading "Drorstrup" and "Læborg" into the marriage record because I want to believe I found her.  Do you concur this looks correct?

Ribe, Malt, Læborg, Drorstrup By, , 5, FT-1801, B9194
Name:     Age:     Marital status:       Position in household:       Occupation:       Birth place:
Anders Hansen    48    Gift    Husbonde    Bonde og gårdbeboer    
Ane Cathrine Nissdatter    37    Gift    Hans kone       
Anders Andersen    13    Ugift    Hans søn       
Ane Margrethe Andersdatter    8    Ugift    Deres barn       
Karen Andersdatter    6    Ugift    Deres barn       
Maren Andersdatter    3    Ugift    Deres barn       
Karen Nielsdatter    66    Enke    Konens moder    Nyder ophold på gården    

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Ralph Rasmussen

Given the vagaries of spelling in th parish records, that certainly seems to be your Maren.  As best I can, I transcribe the original as 'Dresdrup in Leberg Sogn'.  Check for a confirmation at age 14, and a second son with the name Anders, perhaps a second daughter with the name Anne Cathrine.  Baptismal sponsors are another source of tie-ins.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Erik Schaefer

Whoops, I realized that girl is too young to be the Maren I need (married in 1806).  I thought I was looking at the 1787 Census, not 1801.   I will keep looking.  Thank you for the sanity check. I think the parish is correct.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi Erik

You can find the death record for Maren on opslag 72, Hjarup 1826 - 1839 (ny udgave). It tells that her father was Anders Lauritsen in Drostrup.

Her birth record is on opslag 151, Vejen - Læborg (ny udgave) 1759 - 1785.

On opslag 65,Hjarup 1826 - 1839 (ny udgave) you can find where the name Fløjstrup came from!

It was from the village Fløjstrup under Wilhelmsborg.

The death record for Søren Sørensen Fløjstrup tells that he died in Anders Sørensen Fløjstrups house, and he was at son of Søren Sørensen in Fløjstrup.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Erik Schaefer

Thank you Hans

I believe we have talked before via email, I may not have realized you are here.  You have much of my family on your website, but I have some additional names I can help you with. 

Could you please email me schaef60@hotmail.com

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi Erik

Yes, we have talked before by email. We have some common ancestors, and that is why a part of your family is on my website.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi.

Try also  - Flojstrup. dk or com websites have some answers too.

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi.

My interest because I have Schaeffer on the sidelines througt Germany, mentioned our  my old acestry/fam.book.

Regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr