AO running? and meaning of Ny udgave

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 18 Apr 2015 - 03:01

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

All day today when it tried to open an opslag the red box turned black. Am I the only one?

Question: AO displays multiple registers now many of which indicate (Ny Udgave) {new edition}

What does this really mean? more images, higher quality. or ?. I am finding that some of the new editions do not cover the same data as the old and my image reference do not apply to the new editions. Do I have to redo the references or will the old version be retained?

Just interested----thanks...
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Ralph Rasmussen

The easy question first:  The new images of the older books are gray scale renderings of the same microfilms as Family Search had a hand in.  A number of the 19th century books are the second version covering the same years.  The selection may be different from those also available here:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-33444-4276-10?cc=2078555&wc=M5VK-MNL:357517801,357517802,360923901,360923902#uri=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2Frecapi%2Fsord%2Fcollection%2F2078555%2Fwaypoints

Through FS you have an opportunity to change brightness and contrast.

Some changes in Google Chrome affect the ability to download AO files.  This may be the source of the inability to open images, or it may be something quite different.  I have some time back had this problem and seen it go away without explanation.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Anne Marie Holck

Something is wrong at AO today >:( I get the black 'opslag' as well. Probably nothing to do about it till monday morning, when people is back at work there...

Erik Schaefer

The New Edition are SO much better.  I have to go back and redo many of my old images now.  It's like the difference between a really bad photo copy machine and a crisp digital photo.
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Lynn Christiansen

Access to AO has returned.

I am finding in some Ny udgave image sets that some have more images than before.

Did they re-digitize the books and get better images and perhaps sequence them differently and/or pick up pages/images missed before?
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg