Translation help needed please

Startet af Linda Sciffer, 27 Apr 2015 - 12:01

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Linda Sciffer

Hi there, I have a very old photo with writing on the back that I would love to know what it says. Unfortunately it is not very clear so please excuse my spelling it probably will say something totally stupid instead of what it is meant to say.

Jeh er eh Bilede af Peter da vi var Forlovede kam dei kinde have dei

Thanking you all in advance and hoping I havent written anything to stupid or rude. :D

Linda

Ole Holst Petersen

Hi Linda,

In my translation:
Her er et billede af Peter da vi var forlovede kan dit barn have det
or:
Here is a picture of Peter when we were engaged, your child can have it.

The word "kinde" makes me think that the writer sometimes used German language, (kinde maybe read as Kinder = child).

Are you able to send the original text?
Venlig hilsen
Ole Holst Petersen
Alrø
8300 Odder

Linda Sciffer

Hi Ole,
Thank you for your help. I can email the original wording to you unfortunately I cant "copy and paste" due to the way the photo was sent to us.
If that is ok with you, just let me know and I will email it to you.
Once again many thanks
Linda

Ole Holst Petersen

Hi Linda,

You are most welcome to email to my private address.

However, if you write in this thread, a lot of competent people may be able to help you.

Have you found any further details of the person who wrote on the photo? Please state all you know about her, so it may be possible to find this person and maybe other members of the family.
Venlig hilsen
Ole Holst Petersen
Alrø
8300 Odder

Linda Sciffer

Hi,
I have enclosed a file with the original wordage on the back of the old photo. I hope this works out otherwise I will have to try another way. We believe the photo comes from the Simonsen family many years ago. Thanks

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ole Holst Petersen

Hi Linda,

That helped a little concerning the translation.

I read it as follows:
"Det er et billede
af Peter da vi var
forlovede kan du
kende ham der"

"It is a photo
of Peter when we were
engaged do you
recognize him there"

The photographer was Emil Tromholt, Gravensgade 15, Aalborg, which indicates that at least Peter spent some time in Aalborg (in the northern part of Jutland).

Maybe someone on this thread knows of the photographer Emil Tromholt in Aalborg, or if you are a bit lucky knows of Peter Simonsen.
Venlig hilsen
Ole Holst Petersen
Alrø
8300 Odder

Ole Holst Petersen

Hi Linda,

With some help from other members of DIS I found that the photographer Emil Tromholt worked in Aalborg from Gravensgade 15 about 1898 to 1901. That ought to narrow the search for Peter Simonsen.
Venlig hilsen
Ole Holst Petersen
Alrø
8300 Odder

Linda Sciffer

Hi,
This shows our Simonsen/Hansen family maybe Peter is in here. Could be he is one of the girl husbands instead of a Simonsen? I know they came from around Jutland. I will get the front of the photo copied and will put it up just in case anyone recognises him. Thank you for your help,

Linda

Linda Sciffer

These details were found with the help of members of this website which is greatly appreciated.

Simonsen Family
Svendborg, Ærø, Marstal Handelsplads, Marstal Handelsplads, Pæregaardstræde 480 Matr. 605, 1, FT-1880, b8674
Navn:     Alder:     Civilstand:       Stilling i husstanden:       Erhverv:       Fødested:
Britta Catrine Simonsen f. Sørensen    42    Gift    Husmoder       Tranderup Sogn Ærø
Niels Simonsen    10    Ugift    Deres barn       Tranderup Sogn Ærø
Rasmus Hansen Peter Simonsen    6    Ugift    Deres barn       Marstal
Caroline Catrine Simonsen    5    Ugift    Deres barn       Marstal
Niels Simonsen    37    Ugift    Skipper, Husfader       Marstal Landsogn

Niels Simonsen and Birthe Cathrine Lauritsen (not "Britta Catrine" and not born Sorensen) were married in Tranderup, Ærø, Svendbog 8/5-1870. He age 27, she age 34.

The young Niels Simonsen was born in Tranderup 12/1-1870 with the above mentioned parents but before their marriage.

The Niels Simonsen, age 37 in 1880, could be:

Svendborg, Ærø, Marstal Landsogn, Landfogderiet Ærøe bondebyen Marstal, smedien, 19, FT-1845, B7121
Navn:     Alder:     Civilstand:       Stilling i husstanden:       Erhverv:       Fødested:
Johan Christian Jørgensen    32    Gift       smed    Steenstrup, Svendborg Amt
Karen Jacobsen    40    Gift       hans hustrue    Marstal sogn
Elisabeth Simonsen    10    Ugift       deres børn    do [Marstal sogn]
Jacob Christian Simonsen    7    Ugift       deres børn    do [Marstal sogn]
Hans Nielsen Simonsen    4    Ugift       deres børn    do [Marstal sogn]
Niels Simonsen    2    Ugift       deres børn    do [Marstal sogn]
Jørgen Christian Jørgensen    1    Ugift       deres børn    do [Marstal sogn]
Maren Pedersen    18    Ugift       tjenestepige    Marstal sogn
Hans Andersen West    18    Ugift       læredreng    Ollerup, Svendborg Amt
Jacob Jacobsen Liflænder    80    Enkemand       aftægtsmand, svigerfader til huusfaderen    Marstal sogn

He is born 2/4-1843 in Marstal. Father (deceased): Niels Simonsen, mother: Karen Jacobsen.

Cheers,
Hansen Family
Hjørring, Vennebjerg, Sankt Hans, St. Hans. Bagterp Hede., Hus, 22(14), FT-1890, C4525
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Position in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Hans Kristoffer Hansen   43   Gift   Husfader   Landpost   Hjørring
Ane Johanne Frederiksen   39   Gift   Husmoder      St. Olai Sogn Hjørring Amt
Louise Boline Hansen   11   Ugift   Barn      Skallerup Sogn Hjørring Amt
Mikkael Frederik Hansen   8   Ugift   Barn      St. Olai Sogn Hjørring Amt
Ida Elise Hansen   5   Ugift   Barn      St. Hans Sogn Hjørring Amt
Hansine Johanne Hansen   3   Ugift   Barn      St. Hans Sogn Hjørring Amt
Ottilie Sofie Hansen   1   Ugift   Barn      St. Hans Sogn Hjørring Amt

In this we can see, that Ida’s father was a ’Landpost’ (postman in the countryside), and that he was born in Hjørring on 1847.

We can find his baptism in the churchrecord for Hjørring Parish 1839-1850 (new edition) on page 32.
He is born on June 11th 1846 and christened Hans Christopher Hansen.

And we can find the family in the census:

Hjørring, Vennebjerg, Hjørring Købstad, Hjørring Kiøbstad, Østergade, 211, FT-1850, C0070
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Michael Hansen   36   Gift      Pottemager, Huusfader   Hjøring
Sofie Louise Nielsen   33   Gift      hans Kone   Hjøring
Nicoline Frederikke Hansen   13   Ugift      deres Børn   Hjøring
Grethe Hansen   10   Ugift      deres Børn   Hjøring
Ida Christine Hansen   5   Ugift      deres Børn   Hjøring
Hans Christoffer Hansen   4   Ugift      deres Børn   Hjøring
Asmine?? Christine Hansen   2   Ugift      deres Børn   Hjøring

Linda Sciffer

The front of the photo of Peter.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Ole Holst Petersen

Hi Linda,
Sorry, I don't know what to do.
Do you have the name of Peter's fiancé?
Venlig hilsen
Ole Holst Petersen
Alrø
8300 Odder

Linda Sciffer

Hi there,
Sorry I just put the information and the photo of Peter up in case anyone recognises the family or photo. No we do not know Peters fiances name. We think Peter maybe a brother to Niels Simonsen who emigrated to Queensland Australia. Thank you for your help with the translation now all we can do is keep searching. One again many thanks.
Regards, Linda