laursen

Startet af annette laursen, 26 Maj 2015 - 20:55

Forrige emne - Næste emne

annette laursen

Hello

I have found church book of my grandfather(einar laursen) born in july 6th 1894 and baptised in Also parish and am wondering how to proceed further since all my other searches have gone nowhere?  I will be in randers this summer for a few days.

THANK YOU

Best wishes

annette laursen

Mette Lund

Hi Annette,

Which kind of information are you looking for? Ancestors? Decendents? Einars parents or his siblings - or something else?

Best regards,

Mette
Med venlig hilsen

Mette Lund

annette laursen

Hi Mette

I am unable to find anything on Einar(my grandfather) or my great grandfather (Laurs Hansen Laursen) or my great grandmother(Bolette Cecilie Knudsen). I have searched censuses and many other web sources to no avail.

It would fun to see where they lived and died.  If nothing is available on the web perhaps i could have a starting point in Randers when i get there?  I have limited time however when there.

Best wishes

THANK YOU
Annette  laursen

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Hi

Einars parents and older brother is in the online census from Ålsø parish, Randers county, 1890 (opslag 18 in the old scannings).

The census shows their birth place to be Essenbæk parish, Randers County.

The older brother Wilhelm is born Sep. 5th 1888 in Essenbæk parish, Randers county, (opslag 20), when the father was serving the army in Odense. The parents was not married at that time.

The village Ålsø is close to Grenå.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

annette laursen

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!   any chance you could send the links along? Hoping to find somethings like the church etc when i vist this summer. Wonder what happened for the 1901 census?

Mette Lund

Einar's mother Bolette Cecilie Knudsen is born in Virring parish, Sep 15, 1863. Father: Knud Nielsen, Mother: Vilhelmine Andersen.
Randers - Sønderhald - Virring (new version), 1860-1873, opslag/page 68, no 16.

The marriage of Einar's parents Laurs Hansen Laursen and Bolette Cecilie Knudsen is in Essenbæk, Dec 7, 1888.
Randers - Sønderhald - Essenbæk (new version), 1884-1891, opslag/page 80, no. 7.

Regards,
Mette
Med venlig hilsen

Mette Lund

annette laursen

Thank you so very much!! it will be exciting to visit these areas at with all this info on hand.  I will relay this information to my Dad who is 87 and he will LOVE it!  We never knew much about his father and grandfather.  Thank You So Very Much again for this invaluable information!!

Mette Lund

Laurs Hansen Laursen is born Jan 7, 1868 in Essenbæk. Father: Peder Laursen, mother: Helene Sørensen.
Randers - Sønderhald - Essenbæk, 1859-1870 (new), opslag/page 37, no 1.

The family in the 1880 census:

Randers, Sønderhald, Aarslev, Aarslev Sogn, 1 hus, 20 (4), FT-1880, D2211
Navn:     Alder:     Civilstand:       Stilling i husstanden:       Erhverv:       Fødested:
Peder Smed Laursen    37    Gift    husfader indsidder bødker       Essenbæk Sogn Randers Amt
Helene Sørensen    38    Gift    hans hustru       Nielstrup Rud Sogn Randers Amt
Laurs Handsen Laursen    12    Ugift    deres børn       Essenbæk Sogn Randers Amt
Karoline Laursen    9    Ugift    deres børn       Essenbæk Sogn Randers Amt
Med venlig hilsen

Mette Lund

annette laursen

My father and I had a Fabulous time talking about all the information you gave us!  We learned SO much about our ancestors now it will be fun to go to Denmark and see the places now.  Thank You SO Very Much again for Everything!!! :)

annette laursen

Hi,

Is there any reason why I can not find any of these relatives after the 1894's census?  I am using the Danish Family Search records.  I know that Einar Laursen (my grandfather) arrived in 1913 in the USA but as far as I know everyone else stayed in Denmark.

Thank You So Very Much!

Annette Laursen

annette laursen

Hi Anne,

Thank You So Much for the links!

Will be plugging the links into the GPS when we get to Denmark :)

Annette

annette laursen

Would there any reason why I can not find any of these relatives after the 1901's census?  I am using the Danish Family Search records.  I know that Einar Laursen (my grandfather) arrived in 1913 in the USA but as far as I know everyone else stayed in Denmark.  Randers, Also parish.

Thank You So Very Much!

Annette Laursen

Thomas Friis

Vilhem Laursen  b. 5/9-1888 Conf.  1902 Sct Morten, Randers [Opslag36]                                                       (Vestergade 9,  Randers)

Einar Laursen b.6/7-1894, Conf.1908 Sct Morten, Randers [Opslag162]                                                                (Gammel  Jennumvej 46,  Randers)  FT1911 Opslag 111)
http://www4.sa.dk/ao/billedviser?epid=16924429#66441,12660984

Anges Laursen b. 12/9-1899 Conf.1913 Sct Morten, Randers [Opslag282]                                                            (Nørrebrogade 46, Randers)  FT1916 Opslag 71)
http://www4.sa.dk/ao/billedviser?epid=16925558#73941,13249843

Regards
Thomas Friis

annette laursen

Thank you so much this made our day!!!  We thought it was the end of the road. So happy to find new information