In search of birth record

Startet af Betty quinlan, 13 Jun 2015 - 19:38

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Betty quinlan

Hi
I am trying to find birth record for Lars Johan Holm. He married Conradine Fransiska Castella on April 11 1856 in trinitas church in Copenhagen. I have found the record it's line 121 on page 337. It says where he lives but I'm not sure if that's where he was born or just living and I can't read the name. I've tried attaching with no success. I found it on my danish family search.  I cannot find Lars parents. Any help would be appreciated. They had three children and I have found them on church records but none say where he is from.

Betty

Ralph Rasmussen

Lars's address was Gothergade 19.  More to the point, he is said to be from Lidkøping in Sweden, born about 1832.

This may help in searching for Swedish records:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidk%C3%B6ping

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Betty quinlan

Thank you, I'm trying to search Swedish records, nut. Not very good at it

Betty quinlan

Would it be possible for someone to help me with the Swedish records? I'm having trouble finding them and don't understand swedish.

Betty quinlan

He was 24 in 1856 so he was born about 1832 in lidkoping Sweden.

Janice Simpson

The county of Västa Götland was created from several other counties in the 1990s.  Using the database, Sweden Church Records, 1500-1941 in Ancestry.com, I found that Lidköping was part of the old county called Skaraborg.  Paging through the church book of births for that location, I found three possible candidates:

Lars Johan born to the unmarried Anna Larsdotter on 26 Apr 1831

Lars Johan born to Johan Larson and Maja Goransdatter on 13 Jan 1832

Lars Johan born to the unmarried Mar. And. dotter on 25 Jan 1833.  The name Joh. Johansen was written for the father and crossed through.