Are these Døbte entries?

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 04 Jul 2015 - 19:41

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

In the parish register 1742-1813 Balle, Hids, Viborg Nu udgave img 78 page 121 right leaf under Anno 1753 entry for Jens 

also at: http://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1948/churchbook/source130981/opslag14010288

My transcription is: correct me if I am wrong

Jens

Anders Jensen af Gødvad baarn af Kjesten Sørensdtt
Fad Ch Jensen, Ch Nielsen og Hans Jensen

Are these entries for Births/Baptisms, if so what are the dates? I see Anno 1783 but no month or day indication.

Is this just a listing of Births for that period?

On image 76 there is a heading but I am not sure of what it says and hence its meaning.

http://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1948/churchbook/source130981/opslag14010286

Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you.....

RIN 25885
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Ralph Rasmussen

The note:

Formedelst ingen ældre Kirkebog var
for Gødvad Sogn, end nogle gamle
Løse Blade, fandt jeg det nødvendigt
at indføre, dem jeg deraf kunde ud-
drage, af Føde i Gødvad Sogn her
paa denne Side.

On the face of it, there was extant in 1790 an older parish register for Balle and only fragments for Gødvad.  These entries are a recap of fragments from Gødvad.  Another take on that is that this is what could be recovered from both parishes.  When the reconstruction was attempted is a little up in the air, as the signature on the note is not the same as the signature on the first page of the 1790 book.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lynn Christiansen

Thanks Ralph---

So I am to understand that this section includes transcribed birth/baptism records from some loose documents/sheets. However, the exact dates are not given?

Ralph Rasmussen

Transcribed, apparently.  One theory would be that the edge of the originals that had the baptismal dates was lost or illegible.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lynn Christiansen

Ralph---

You are probably right...

Based on first, the location of these entries in the register and the lead-in paragraph,

Secondly, as I note as I page through them there are dates hit and miss until about 1756, then almost all of the entries have complete date information based on Religious Holidays.

And, Thirdly, the last page for 1790 refers one to "folio 1"

Again, thanks for you feedback.