seek Danish relatives of Kirk & Corinne Frederick (concert violinist/pianist)--

Startet af Logan Frederick, 12 Jul 2015 - 08:07

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Gerda Nielsen

Gitte Johansen

Jeg har sendt og modtaget flere mails til/fra Logan fra den adresse der står ved kuvert, så den skulle være god nok.
Venlig hilsen
Gitte Johansen 8520 Lystrup

gittejohansen(snabel a)rocketmail.com

Gerda Nielsen

Hej
Ja, jeg havde kludret gevaldig, men nu er det ok

mvh Gerda

Kirsten Thomas

Quote from Logan's first message:

We also have a letter written completely in Danish along with birth certificate which was issued to them by the Frederiksberg Kommunes Dyrtidskontor at Howitzvej 26, Stuen. The address book we had states that my father's godmother was Emilie Kroldrup Slotsgade 19 St. 4760 Vordingborg Denmark. I suspect she may have been Kirk (Theodor's) sister. Emilie had a daughter named Eva Orslev who lived at Knudskoving 62 4760 Vordingberg Denmark and would be the most recent Danish relative we know about. (Though--if she were still alive--she would most likely be in her late 80's or 90's).

Unquote

Hello Logan,

Do you know when Eva ORSLEV lived at this address?

Are you sure of the name ORSLEV?

And about the name of the road i.e. Knudskoving ?

You have now learned a lot about your ancestors in Denmark.
These questions are to get back to your initial research to find and contact family members
in Denmark.

Venlig hilsen  :)
Kirsten Thomas

Kirsten Thomas

Hi again Logan,

Two futher questions to add to my former message.

Could the Eva's family name be Ørslev in stead of Orslev?

And the road where she lived be Knudsskovvej in stead of Knudskoving?

Venlig hilsen  :)
Kirsten Thomas

Logan Frederick

Wow. I didn't know people were still posting here on my and my family's behalf. Thanks everybody! My email--should anyone want to contact me--is lfsworker@gmail.com. This geneology stuff is not for the faint at heart. Persistence, persistence.....

Just for the record--even though my name sounds male, I am female. An old American Southern custom (on my Mom's Scots-Irish side) to name girls with family last names.

Re-the last post--I think it's very possible that the spellings we had of Kroldrup and the streets name could have been changed. We here in America--the land of reinvention--seemed to historically have no problem with changing people's names to something we could pronounce. (Aage Frederick was pretty good with that, as well. Though--I am impressed with how long he hung onto Aage--since the difficulty and strange soundingness of that name--in the States--I don't think would have contributed much to his career).

Eva Kroldrup most likely lived at the address I listed in an earlier post in the late teens and early 20's of the 20th Century. Corinne probably got to know them when she and Aage were in Copenhagen for the birth of my father, Kirk, and his christening.

Marian Hill here in California has suggested that I post who I'm looking for on the Ancestry.com Rootsweb Denmark list as a preliminary way to find current relatives. And, as someone on this forum suggested--if that doesn't work--to check the phone book in Copenhagen.

Thanks so much for all the help. I will definitely post on here when I make a connection with a (living!) Danish relative. Best, Logan