Baptism Transcription

Startet af Colin Sorensen, 20 Jul 2015 - 07:17

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Colin Sorensen

Hey guys!

I've got a new one I could use help with. I'm looking at Hvorup FD1688-1815, opslag 119. The entry is on the 8th of September for Kirstine Pedersdatter.  Here's what I have so far:

8. Maren Kirstine Jensdatters
nogt datter Kirstine fadder
ne Lars Toffmand, Niels Madsen
Chresten Knudsen, Morthen Rasmus
sen konn ?avn og Karen Jens
datter alle af Hvorup: fom
fa?? til bam?? blum inhagh
Peder Jensen ?aanndr ??? ??
anne?t?vte e?opp? fom paa inn
eid laav i Håls.

8. Maren Kirstine Jensdatter
???? daughter Kirstine witness-
es Lars Toffmand, Niels Madsen
Chresten Knudsen, Morten Rasmus-
sen ??????? and Karen Jens-
datter all from Hvorup: ???
??? ??? ????? ????? ??????
Peder Jensen ??????????
???????????????????????
?????? in Håls.

This record is peculiar as there is no father immediately mentioned.  I'm not sure if the last part of the record mentions anything about the father (maybe Peder Jensen?).  I was hoping someone could help me clarify who Kirstine's parents were.

I've done some sleuthing on the family history.  Kirstine marries Christen Pedersen on 17 Nov 1833 in Volsted Sogn.  It looks like the mother Maren Kirstine Jensdatter is named Maren Kirstine Pedersdatter in the 1834 and 1840 Census and living with a Jens Pedersen Thorup in Volsted.

Thanks,
Colin

Inge Nissen

Hey

I can not read everything, but yes the child is born out of wedlock (uægte) and the alleged father of the child (udlagt som fader til barnet) is Peder Jensen. Maybe he was a soldier in the forces which at that time was in Hals. There was a war between Denmark and England at that time, and the englishmen tried to capture Hals fieldwork in 1811.

8. Maren Kirstine Jensdatters
uægte datter Kirstine fadder
ne Lars Toffmand, Niels Madsen
Chresten Knudsen, Morthen Rasmus
sens kone Karen? og Karen Jens
datter alle af Hvorup: som
fader til barnet blev udlagt

Peder Jensen ?aanndr ved de ??
anne?t?vte tropper? som paa den tid
laa i Hals

Ralph Rasmussen

Just for completeness:

som Fader til Barnet blev udlagt Peder Jensen, staaende ved de annekterte Tropper som paa den Tid laae i Hals.

Named as the child's father, Peder Jensen, stationed with the auxiliary troops then in Hals.

With luck there was only one Peder Jensen among them.  But there are military records to plow through that may take him back to the enrolment lists and his home parish.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø