How to use the new AO website

Startet af aileen young, 20 Jul 2015 - 08:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

aileen young

How do I use the new AO

I clicked on the AO icon in my favourites and a new website appears I don't understand how to get into the church records.

Please help as I used them quite a lot to find my descendants.

Aileen Young
Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Lynn Christiansen

AO Instructions to get to Kirkebøger (Parish Registers)
1-   Start at http://arkivalielister.dis-danmark.dk
2-   Click on "Kirkebøger" link
3-   Select Amt: from drop down menu
4-   Select Sogn: from drop down menu
5-   Select parish register desired, similar to old version of AO
6-   Viewer opens with image numbers in left column

Note: you can copy and paste the image URL address for documentation and return
System seems to function as before.

I am hoping AOV will work with this new AO
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

aileen young

Thank You Thank You Lynn,

Have been into AO working well,

Aileen
Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Erik Schaefer

Apologies, I'm sure this was already covered...but I haven't used AO Tools in a long time.  I tried today and the address no longer works.  What is the new direct link that I can put into AO Tools so it will work?
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Lynn Christiansen

Waiting to find out myself...... :( :( :(

Georg Brandt Christensen

Hello Lynn and Erik

AO Tools has not been altered to cope with the new structure. And I am afraid it won't be altered..

You can copy the  files yourself and add them to Your AOV filestore though, but it is a lot more cumbersome.

Sorry
M.v.h. Georg Brandt Christensen

http://igbc.dk

Slægter: Brandt, Refslund, Lautrup, Kristensen, Christoffersen, Stampe, Tvede

Lynn Christiansen

Georg--

Thanks for the feedback.

Operating from the stand point of ignorance. I have some questions:

1) How does one go about copying the images?
2) Do you have to copy them image by image or can you batch the entire register? How?
3) Once you save the image to your hard drive, can you use AOV "Vis og indekser" to view the downloaded files as before? Or is AOV useless with the new AO?

Sorry to here that AOV will not be altered to use with AO, it is a very useful tool...

Georg Brandt Christensen

Citat fra: Lynn Christiansen [1208] Dato 24 Aug 2015 - 16:02
Georg--

Thanks for the feedback.

Operating from the stand point of ignorance. I have some questions:

1) How does one go about copying the images?
To download one Image: Click at the Diskette Icon in the icon line. Rigth click in the new Picture and select "Gem billede som = Save Picture as"

2) Do you have to copy them image by image or can you batch the entire register? How?
Normally you need to copy one by one image. - It is possible though to get a downloader developed and distributed by John Nielsen. I can't promise that he can cope with all the requets for the downloader. Look in the message https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,98261.msg521000.html#msg521000. I know it is in Danish but I am sure you do get the meaning of the text.

3) Once you save the image to your hard drive, can you use AOV "Vis og indekser" to view the downloaded files as before? Or is AOV useless with the new AO?
Yes it is possible to use the files in AOV, as long as you do place the files in the correct AOV structure.
It is only the download and view function of the files at AO you cannot use because they do not adress the correct server/filenames of the new AO.

Sorry to here that AOV will not be altered to use with AO, it is a very useful tool...
I wrote that I am afraid it won't be altered. I did not write that I am certain that it will not be altered.
We are some who are trying to persuade the The Danish National Archives to implement such a Facility. You can help us by writing about your wishes, and reasons for that, to the mailaddress arkivalieronline@sa.dk

Lynn Christiansen

Georg---

Thank you for your feedback. I have already tried the process and it works but it is time consuming if the register is very large in number of images.

I have email both arkivalieronline asking for the AOV type download process and also have sent an email to John Nielsen asking about his download program.

Sorry for jumping the gun regarding with my statement
CitatSorry to here (sic) {hear} that AOV will not be altered to use with AO, it is a very useful tool...
hopefully, all invovled will see the great benefit AOV was and is regarding researching the Danish Parish Registers and Censuses.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Lynn Christiansen

Georg--

Received help from John Nielsen and his download program. Got it working and I am back in business. While it is not as easy to download as AOV was it really beats doing it image by image.

This site and Utilis.dk are special and really help in our search for our ancestors.

Thanks to all.....

Georg Brandt Christensen

Glad to hear your are in business again.

John is a very helpfull lad.