looking for Larsen relatives in Denmark

Startet af Arved Larsen, 09 Aug 2015 - 15:51

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Arved Larsen

Here is some information I have compiled about my great, great grandparents.  I would love to hear from anyone who might be a relative.

Soren Christian Larsen was born in Jerslev Parish on November 17, 1839 and his baptism followed on December 29th.  His parents were Laurs Nielsen and Maren Christendatter who were 49 and 46 respectively at the time of his birth.  Both the 1840 and 1870 censuses list a place name of Klaestrup, which appears to be to the east of modern Jerslev. The 1840 census includes Niels Larsen, Soren's brother, who was nine years his senior. 

Marsille Jensen was also born in Hjorring County but in Horns Hundred in the Parish of Mosberg on February 11, 1845.  The place name was Maastrup and her parents were Else Marie Sorensdatter and Jens Christian Christensen.

Soren and Marsille were married in Taars on September the 29th, 1863 and Laura Magdalena, their first child was born the following year on August 12th as listed in the Taars Parish records.  According to Vrejlev Parish records, Sigvard Marinus was born on the 22nd of January, 1867.  The 1870 Jerslev census lists Soren, Marcille, Laura and Sigvard, the children with the last name Sorensen.  The remaining Danish born children, Severene, 1873, Martin 1877, Otthilde, 1880 and James 1882, could not be found in parish records.

The family sailed for New York on the Westphalia in August of 1883, living first in Brooklyn, New York before settling in Dover, NJ

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Here the family is in census 1880:

Hjørring, Børglum, Vrensted, Vrensted By, et Hus, 76, FT-1880, C7027
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Søren Christian Larsen   40   Gift   Husfader. Skrædder      Jerslev Sogn
Mathilde, født Jensen           35.   Gift    hans Kone                      Mosberg Sogn, Hjørring Amt
Oline Jensen                   17    Ugift   deres Børn                           Mosberg Sogn, Hjørring Amt
Sivert Sørensen                   13   Ugift   deres Børn                      Jerslev Sogn
Severine Sørensen             7   Ugift   deres Børn                      Jerslev Sogn
Antine Sørensen                     5   Ugift   deres Børn                      Jerslev Sogn
Martine Sørensen             3   Ugift   deres Børn                      Jerslev Sogn
Octilde Sørensen             1   Ugift   deres Børn                      Jerslev Sogn

Kind regards
Ruth

Arved Larsen

Thanks Ruth.  I am guessing the variations in given names come down to mistakes in the original census.